You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 1:12pm

Hi rodeo girl

Our follow up wait hasn't been as long as the first one- we could've had one as early as a week after BFN but ha to decline as were away and got a surprising BFP a couple days later. We were then offered another appointment after I miscarried on the 9th August!! We declined this as I was a bit too upset so it's now tomorrow!! I have a million ad one questions - not sure why we have never been offered any information on the condition of my fallopians or the location of the blockage- I think an HSG can determine this as well a highlight any damage to the inner fallopian tue also. We were only ever offered hycosy then a lap with no discussion as to the condition of the outer tubes :( I will definitely see if we can have an HSG on the NHS before I pay for expensive treatment in London.

Hello all newbies hope you are all doing well and excited by what this journey may bring- so many first time success stories :) the waiting time for me wasn't long at all- we were quoted 6-8 months but had our first appointment after only 4 months then IVF evening info evening shortly after then IVF after my next cycle. Fingers and toes crossed for a short wait for you and BFPs first time :)

Loads of love xx

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 3:58pm

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their appt system. I had to wait 10 weeks for our follow up appt after my BFN on Valentines day but then I was seen in 3 weeks from the original referral at the start. I've heard of people phoning up and asking for cancellation slots and I sometime wonder if you keep phoning then you are seen quicker??

Good luck for tomoorrow and write down all your questions so you don't forget them. I know I do if I don't write them all down! lol. I don't know anything about blocked tubes or tests for it but hopefully they may be able to offer you some sort of advice. It's worth pushing for further tests first on the NHS if you can get them! Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

xxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

HHH29

Reg: Mar 8th 2016

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 8:11am

Hi Everyone,

How are you all? Rodeogirl where are you with the process now? Let us know how you get on Weemiracles.

I am currently in the 2ww. This cycle was better and we managed to get 2 grade 2 embryos so I both of them transferred last Monday. The waiting is torture, still got another 5 days to go till test day. Some days I feel really positive and other days I'm overwhelmed with how we will face another negative result. Hopefully the next few days pass quickly!!

xxx

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Thursday, August 25th 2016, 9:07am

Morning Everyone

HHH29 how exciting for you! Good luck and will keep everything crossed for you. The 2WW is a killer! It totally messes your head up. I found this timeline really useful and kept me slightly more sane! What happens after Embryo transfer? Day 3 & Day 5 transfer calendar, ivf | Bubbles and Bumps Let us know how you get on.

I stop my Norethisterone tablets on the 31st after being on it for 3 weeks. I've really suffered with headaches and major hot flushes when taking it this time so I will be glad to stop them. I then start the Oestrogen tablets on or around the 5th depending on when AF arrives. They are giving me 3 weeks on this instead of 2 weeks and at a higher dose to hopefully make sure my lining is thick enough for the donor embryo. I think the stress might be worse this time as Ill be worrying about my lining and how the donor is getting on with her injections etc but Hazel the nurse said they will phone me with updates after each of her appts. I'm keeping everything crossed she gets a few embies for us!

Hope everyone else is doing ok too?

xxx

blowkiss

Reg: Aug 13th 2016

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 2:17pm

Referral sent last Friday to Aberdeen!

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I had our appointment at DR Grays (Elgin) last Friday to check my FSH levels and complete the paperwork for Aberdeen. I am 36 and my partner is 45. I had an HSG done in July which showed both tubes blocked (think it's scarring from previous ops) and my partner has 1% morphology, but count etc all good. When I found out my tubes were blocked I was devastated, wasn't expecting that at all!. Then when I was told that my FSH has to be under 10 I started panicking because so far in our journey things were not going well. Luckily my FSH level was 4, Co2 test was 3 and BMI within normal range so Prof C said we could get ICSI on NHS...the relief. Now it's just a waiting game for my letter to come through.
Me 36 DP 46. Blocked Fallopian tubes and poor morphology.
1st Cycle- April 2017 :BFP: - Due Jan 18

Lily884

Reg: Aug 16th 2016

Monday, August 29th 2016, 10:05am

Thanks Rodeogirl for replying! We've not had much info to be honest, just that we've been referred to Raigmore, no mention of Aberdeen at this stage. The appointment will probably be in October so still a while to wait. Since my last post we've told both our parents and we found out that my OH had mumps twice as a child, so maybe this may give more indication as to what the issue is. At the moment clutching at straws! I'm expecting that they will want to examine me at Raigmore as all I've had are day21 bloods so far, but I suspect the issue is with my poor DH! Will just need to be patient, argh! Thanks again for replying x

Monday, August 29th 2016, 1:36pm

Hi everyone and welcome Scoobysnax. Good luck on oyur journey and hope you get your BFP soon!

Good luck with Raigmore too Lily884. Sorry to hear about your OH having mumps. They tend to presume the problem is usually ot do with the female but with his medical history they may do further tests on his sperm etc to see how things look. They tend to start with taking your medical history, basic range of blood tests, an external and internal ultrasound and then decide what to do after that. eveyone is different but I hope they can help. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long to be seen.

xxx

blowkiss

Reg: Aug 13th 2016

Monday, August 29th 2016, 8:21pm

Thanks Rodeogirl, fingers crossed for you xx
Me 36 DP 46. Blocked Fallopian tubes and poor morphology.
1st Cycle- April 2017 :BFP: - Due Jan 18

HHH29

Wednesday, August 31st 2016, 3:07pm

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to give you an update, finally tested and it was BFN - so devastating but at least we made some good embryos this time so hopefully the will recommend another round with my eggs. We just have to hope that the next round will be our time. Waiting for an update on the follow-up appointment, I think they said it takes 4-6 weeks.

All sounds really promising for you Rodeogirl. Hope the headaches and hot flushes are too difficult to deal with, I remember feeling the same when taking bureslin.

Hope everyone else is well.

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 11:32am

Morning ladies

Oh HHH29 I'm so sorry it wasn't better news for you. Massive hugs to you and your OH. You gets your hopes up but when the test shows negaive you are totally devastated. Goog luck at your follow up appt and hopefully you will get to try again soon with your frosties. Will keep everything crossed for you.

Yay finally stopped the Norethisterone last night. I was so glad to stop it this time. I had a dental appt this morning and had a massive hot flush sitting in the chair lol. I was mortiified but the dentist was lovely and just said don't worry I know how you feel but her was due to menopause! Fingers crossed AF arrives soon then should start the Progonova around the 5th. Not long now! Hubby is a bit worried about having to go to the clinic on his own to do his bit when the donor is in for egg collection. I said I would come for the run too if he wants me too but as I'm not needed that day I wasn't sure if he wanted me there or not. We're on the final countdown now so trying to stay positive!

xxx

blowkiss

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Sunday, September 4th 2016, 3:49pm

HHH29, really sorry to hear of your BFN. It's so devastating... Don't give up just yet.

Fingers crossed Rodeogirl that everything goes according to plan with your lining and also the egg donor! I really hope this is your turn...
Welcome to all the newbie.
I've been a bit out of touch from here, because I'm enjoying a bit of a break from it all at the moment. After my follow-up appointment, I have to wait until the start of AF in September for the 'ball to start rolling', so no point thinking about the topic and I'm actually enjoying that: no thoughts about appointments, injections or tablets. Plenty of that in the next couple of months! But still having you all in my thoughts. Best of luck to everyone who is on a round of treatment at the moment. Xx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Monday, September 5th 2016, 3:16pm

Thanks Sunflower for your good wishes. Had a rough 24 hours with a trip to Ness Docs yesterday and an emergency appt on the gynae ward locally. AF started yesterday morning then after 2 hours I started getting severe cramping, very heavy bleeding and passed a massive clup of tisssue. (Sorry if TMI) I'd had a temp on Sat and been sick twice with a blinding headache and felt awful and it like I was having another miscarriage. Didn't know who to phone so phoned NHS 24 who got Ness Docs to phone me back and sent me up to the gynae ward to be seen. They were lovely, took bloods to check for any HCG and scanned me to check for any sign of pregnancy or ectopic as the pain was now one sided. They thought it must be something to do with being on the Norethisterone for 21 days on top on 21day cycle before that and then waiting for AF to start so i am roughly CD46 now with a massive thick lining! I only had a day bleed after my trial of the meds in June/July to thicken up my lining so they think my body is trying to shed about 3 month's worth of lining and sent me home on strong painkillers. I phoned the clinic this morning and they said this can happen when you are on Norethisterone for a long time. I wish I had been told this before as I didn't have this reaction last time but then I only took them for just over a week. Tucked up on the sofa now with a hot water bottle feeling pretty rubbish and scared to moved too far! Fingers crossed the rest of it will come out soon :-(. has anyone else had this sort of reaction after stopping norethisterone?

Good luck next time Sunflower and enjoy the freedom for now. Fingers crossed for you then xxxx

blowkiss

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Monday, September 5th 2016, 8:31pm

Oh dear, Rodeogirl! Sorry to hear that... it must've been quite scary altogether! I'm glad they managed to sort it out now. Perhaps that's why they were initially reluctant to give you the trial period beforehand. But you needed that to reassure yourself and everyone else about the issues with your lining.... I hope there are no more complications and everything goes well from now on. Got my fingers crossed for you! Xxx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Wednesday, September 7th 2016, 3:41pm

How are you rodeogirl? When will you get the transfer? The best of luck! Xxx

Thursday, September 8th 2016, 4:20pm

Hi everyone,

Had a wee break from all the fertility issues for a while!! Hope everyone is well. I'm so sorry HH29 - do you have any frozens to to try FET? Just devastating when we go through so much and it doesn't work - I hope you're ok. Great news that your eggs were better quality :)

Really sorry you've had to go through so much recently rodeo girl :( I hope it all works out and you are able to have your transfer.

Wishing everyone the best of luck and hope there are lots of BFPs soon!! Xx

Reg: Mar 29th 2016

Thursday, September 8th 2016, 8:45pm

Hi guys. Been a while. So sorry to hear all the not so great news with everyone. Better luck next time.

Haven't been on for a while as don't want to rub it in about our successful pregnancy with the first FET. Bump is steadily growing and I'm now 23 weeks and feeling higher than life itself.
Couldn't of done it without the support of all you guys and the high hopes of you all.

My OT can't feel the kicks quite yet but can see them well. I think he is still a little disappointed that at our age of 23 we can't conceive naturally. But I think when baby is here he will forget all about it.
Unfortunately it won't let me attach the pic cas it's too big.

Friday, September 9th 2016, 3:13pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your concern. Still not feeling 100% but a lot better than I did on Sunday. AF only lasted for 2 days in the end which I thought was odd but from memory on the trial of meds I was told the Progonova can stop bleeding in order to start thickening up the lining and it didn't last long on honeymoon which was bonus! I went back to acupuncture last night and the lady was surprised at how swollen my stomach and legs are with fluid retention so she added in some extra needles to try and relieve this a bit. Now I can't stop peeing! lol. DH keeps saying that hopefully by me feeling rubbish on the meds this time, it is a good sign that they are working unlike last time when I had no side effects at all on the injections and sadly got a BFN. I'm now trying to focus on this and stay positive. When I spoke to the clinic on Mon they said the would see how things look at my scan next Friday and take it from there but there was no mention of the cycle being cancelled and that sometimes this can happen. My donor had her baseline scan on Wed so that's exciting as they give me updates after all of her appts and let me know how she is progressing. That will make it feel a bit more real and give me something to focus towards.

I hope eveyone else is doing ok and wishing you all the best of luck. I'll keep everything crossed for you all! Brilliant news Purplerain and I'm really glad things are going well for you and bump. You wil be counting down the weeks soon!

Have a lovely weekend eveyone and take care

xxxx

blowkiss

Reg: Sep 10th 2016

Children: 1

Saturday, September 10th 2016, 2:17pm

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum but I've had a read of a few posts and wondered if someone could point me in the direction of the reflexologist a they have used!
My husband and I had a failed IVF round (BFN on the 26th of August :( ) but I've been reading everywhere that people swear by reflexology and acupuncture. So does anyone have any recommendations?

Sending lots of baby dust to those currently going through the process ! X

Saturday, September 10th 2016, 3:34pm

Hi Yasmin, are you in Aberdeen? :) sorry to here about your failed cycle. Did you get any Frosties? Xxx

Saturday, September 10th 2016, 5:58pm

Hey! Yeah I live in the centre of Aberdeen :) Thank you, it was honestly so awful. We are lucky enough to have our three year old son but it obviously meant we weren't eligible for NHS funding so it's a bit of a double kick in the face when you're 5 grand down and no baby :-(
Unfortunately no frozen embryos , none of them made it. So I have to do the entire thing all over again. I'm not looking forward to it because I really suffered after egg collection with horrific pain (had OHSS). All in all not a great experience but it's not meant to be pleasant I guess! Xxx

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 11:16am

Ok had wrote out a long reply and forgot to submit ;) ok I don't know any reflexologist sin city but someone will know! It's heart breaking and mentally tiring going through treatment knowonr knows unless they have been through it! I had a terrible failed first time but second I was risk of OHSS coz got 21 eggs but was ok we had a day three transfer and managed to get 9 frozen and we know have a 12 week old baby girl. I felt so much different the second time I had reflexology and the endometrial scratch and they say there's no facts to say it helps I think it helped me! Are you waiting for review? Xx

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 6:19pm

Haha oh no! Well thanks for replying again! It's funny you say that because I just submitted my message back to you and it didn't fully work! Only the first line! Anyhoo
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of a reflexologist here in Aberdeen. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? I'm so confused as to what is normal! Some are £50 and others are £25 or £30 etc. Sometimes more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better so I just don't know.
Massive congratulations on your baby girl! That's amazing news. Also amazing you had 21 eggs! I only had 8 on this round but was on the lowest dose of meds because I had 22 follicles before I started any meds so they didn't want to over do it. I'd definitely say to them though that I think I need a higher dose. Yup I'm still waiting for my review - I haven't even had an appointment letter yet! Totally fed up of all this waiting around it's so rubbish!
What was the reflexology like? And the scratch?! I haven't heard of that!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yasmine15513" (Sep 11th 2016, 6:23pm)

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 11:22am

HI ladies,

Hope you are all well. Welcome Yasmine15513. I don't know of anyone in Aberdeen as I'm from Highland. Sorry to hear your last cycle didn't work but wishing you lots of luck for the future.I did a year of acupuncture before my last cycle but sadly it was a BFN but then it did help with some other probs I had so I was glad they got sorted. Had my first session last week after 6 months off so it was stange to be going back to it again. I pay £40 a session which is between 45-60 mins. The one bit of advice I would say is make sure whover you use for acupuncture or reflexology specializes in fertility issues and doesn't just do either of them for all sorts of issues. You need someone who knows what they are talking about and who has had good success rates. I asked about the scratch in Aberdeen recently and was told that they wouldn't do it as the success rates didn't show it made much of a difference but we weren't happy as we had heard otherwise. We are also self funding this time so felt that if we were paying for it, then they should have done it if we asked. Hope you get your follow up appt soon

xxx

blowkiss

Monday, September 19th 2016, 4:36pm

Hey Ladies

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and are all doing ok? .After a muck up of an appt on Friday, I turned up and they didn't have me booked on the system, I finally had my scan to measure my lining on Friday and so far so good. It was 7.6mm which was was at the same as transfer last time so they said it should make about 10mm by transfer time at the weekend. Fingers crossed as my lining has never been that thick before! Clinic phoned back today my donor is ready for egg collection on Wed and they told me on Friday she has between 6-8 good sized follicles which are all roughly the same size so hopefully that's a good sign :) Hubby has to give his sample on Wed then they will phone back later to let me know how things are going. I got some conflicting advice though as the Sister that scanned me on Friday said they would do a double embryo transfer as that was what they had done last time and use the embryo glue also but when I asked today they said if it was a better grade of embryo then they would only transfer one embryo. I suppose I will just have to see what the Embryologist says when they phone. It's finally all starting to feel real now. We've felt a bit out on the loop by using the donor this time. Back to starting the horrible pessaries too on Wed, that bit I'm not looking forward to!! lol.

xxx

blowkiss

Monday, September 19th 2016, 9:06pm

Hi rodeogirl glad things are progressing well. I managed to persuade them to do s double transfer my second attempt! They just said it was up to me but because I had a failed attempt they allow it! If you want a double push for it! Xxx

Tuesday, September 20th 2016, 8:39am

Thanks Hello. They were happy to do a double last time so I'm going to insist on it this time. Hubby is primed to ask them tomorrow about it too and I got Val to document it in my notes on Friday that we wanted it done. If they do a double and they know I have got pregnant 3 times times in the past then naturally, then she said they should go ahead if that's what we want to do. It also means double the chance of at least 1 taking. What this space we are not giving up without a good fight! lol.

Love and hugs to you all

xxx

blowkiss

Tuesday, September 20th 2016, 9:03am

Good luck and all the best! Xxx

Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 7:12am

Thanks. Hubby set off at 5.45am to make sure he got there on time. I don't think either of us got much sleep last night and very apprehensive about it all. I think the biggest stress we had last night was writing the thank you card for our donor. There was so much we wanted to say but struggled to write it all down properly without it sounding like a jumble of words. They have to do the same for us and also a letter for any future child when they turn 18. I feel quite emotional about it all today and more so than I thought I would. I thought IVF using my eggs was an emotional journey but this has completely thrown me today ;( I'll be watching my phone all day now waiting to hear how he got on and then to see how many eggs she has managed to donate. We can't thank her enough this wonderful thing she has done for us xxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 7:34am

Hi Rodeogirl

I have tears in my eyes reading your last message. We may some day have to rely on a donor too and I just think those who donate their eggs are just amazing, selfless human beings and the world is a much better place with them in it

Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 9:25am

Totally agree with you tears in my eyes reading your post rodeogirl! All the best and thinking of you. Do you get to read the letter they right for the child? Did you think about going today or you feel your better at home xxx

Thursday, September 22nd 2016, 8:07am

Good luck rodeogirl and hope you don't have to wait too long for your phonecall xxx

Thursday, September 22nd 2016, 11:54am

Morning ladies. Well we got 6 eggs yesterday from our wonderful donor and they phoned back again this morning with a 2nd update. 5 out of the 6 have fertilized and looking good so far. We are just delighted. They have provisionally booked us in for transfer on Sat morning on day 3 but they said this might be cancelled on our way down when they check them and if they think it would be worth waiting until day 5 instead and using a blast it they make it that far. So far so good and keeping everything crossed for the next few days. I said we wanted them to use the embryo glue again as I had this last time and also said we really wanted 2 being transfered instead of 1 to give us a better chance and the hope that 1 might stick! They were happy to do this last time so again they have recorded our request in my notes. Here's hoping they listen to us!

I'm feeling a wee bit calmer today. Yesterday and I was an emotional wreck at work and kept running off to the toilets to hide. Poor hubby took really unwell on the way home and had to stop a few times feeling really sick and dizzy. He's not sure it it was something he ate from the cafe before he headed home or just exhaustion and stress from the early start. I was worried about him driving back when I heard this which didn't help either. He wanted to go down on his own yesterday and said he thought I wouldn't settle in the waiting room and would be wanting to hang about looking for the donor trying to work out who she was!! He's probably right! lol. So we are playing the waiting game now and keeping everything crossed for a good outcome. Watch this space and thanks for all your kind messages.

xxx

blowkiss

Friday, September 23rd 2016, 7:59am

Fantastic news I have everything crossed for you! Xxx

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, September 23rd 2016, 2:13pm

What an emotional rollercoaster u r on rodeogirl I have tears in my eyes reading ur posts, what a selfless thing to do being an egg donor, amazing there are good people out there, im wishing u from the bottom of heart all the luck in the world and will be checking in regularly to see if any updates ❤️ Xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN
FET - Oct 17 BFP heartbeat seen 7 & 8 weeks mc

Sunday, September 25th 2016, 3:06pm

Hey ladies , after a rough start yesterday waking up with a cold and having a tummy bug the night before and in the morning, we finally made it to clinic. They were running really late so my poor bladder was got to bursting point so needed a couple of emergency trips to the loo to release the pressure sleeping get before they could finally do the transfer. Embryologist phoned with an update on the drive through to say we had 3 excellent embies with 8,9 and 10 cells but the other 2 werent so good, one growing too slowly from day 1 and another with 11 cells which was growing a bit to quickly but they would monitor them and see what happens. They took on board our request for a double transfer and could freeze 1 on day 3 while it was excellent quality or put 1 back and freeze 2 instead. The Cons was pushing for a single transfer as the quality was so good and the donor was very young but we wanted 2 to give it the extra chance that 1 would hopefully take so they went with that. The nurse told me privately outside the loo she felt we very doing the right thing. That's when the trouble started. They couldn't get my cervix to open fully to insert and get the Canula into my uterus. It was really sore for some reason so by the third type of Canula with some sort of wire inside it to make a bend at the tip he managed to get it to pop through. By this point I was so stressed out and almost wanted to cancel the procedure but as the embies were already in the glue they couldn't then freeze those 2 . :-( got them popped inside eventually but he said as my bladder was refilling so fast for some reason he couldn't get a very clear ultrasound pic. So it wasn't quite the relaxing procedure I had last time watching them go in but they were very good at explaining things and trying to keep us calm. Poor hubby was trying not to panic but I could see he was getting upset seeing me in pain. They came and explained things fully afterwards and drew us pictures saying this can happen and they have had more difficult cases. He said the thought my last transfer went smoothly as I'd had the hysteroscopy done 3 months before and this gently stretches the cervix open. He said if this cycle isn't a success he wants me booked in for another hysteroscopy before they do a FET to have another look at my cervix on the inside to see if any scarring has appeared to stop the canula from going straight in rather than round a bend like it wanted to do. So chilling at home now with embies on board after a stressful day and with hubby waiting on me hand and foot. Fingers crossed for our 2WW now and hope the embryo glue works!!

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend xxx

blowkiss

HHH29

Monday, September 26th 2016, 1:30pm

Amazing news Rodeogirl, I'm so pleased for you!! Hope the 2WW is kind to you. We will all be waiting anxiously for an update:)

I am totally confused about what to do next with our struggle to have a baby. We were told 4-6 weeks for a follow up but only got the letter last week and our appointment is mid November almost 10 weeks after our BFN. I would really like to go for a consultation at a different clinic to just to see what they would suggest in comparison to Aberdeen. Has anyone else tried this?

Tuesday, September 27th 2016, 8:38pm

Good luck rodeogirl I hope you have recovered from your transfer xxx

Tuesday, September 27th 2016, 10:06pm

I think ur like me rodeogirl if there is a difficult way about it we'll sure as hell find it!!
Enjoy being pupo!! Best of luck
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Tuesday, September 27th 2016, 10:13pm

Hhh29 have u tried just to call around a few other clinics just to enquire, they might be able to advise u, that's a long long time to wait for a follow up, I'd call them and say ur keen to get back it on I always express how eager and ready I am.. would they manage a telephone appointment quicker or a cancellation perhaps xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 7:03am

Hi HH29

I know this sounds like a lot of hard work but just call the secretary everyday for a cancellation- you will get one very quickly if you do that :) it has worked for us a lot during our IVF journey so far :) xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Weemiracles" (Sep 29th 2016, 7:05am)

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 4:19pm

Hi Ladies

How are you all? Thanks for all your good wishes. I've had some time out from forum over last week and trying to resist the urge to symptom spot on Google but finding it hard. I'm having lots of the usual symptoms but I know they are just from the progesterone so far but as of today if my little embies have snuggled in my HCG levels should start to rise so keeping everything crossed! My OTD is not until next Sunday so I'm trying hard not to test before then!

HHH29 my heart goes out to you having to wait so long.We were told the same thing after our last BFN and none of my others making it to be frozen, then we had to wait 10 weeks for our follow up where as other people were being seen within weeks!! I got the impression that those who shout the loudest and keep phoning get seen quicker so it might be worth phoning and asking for a cancellation slot if they become available like wee miracles suggest. She is proof that is can work and you will be seen quicker. Good luck and hope they bring your appt forward a bit for you own sanity if nothing else. Are you self funding or NHS if you don't mind me asking? If you are self funding then there is nothing to stop you going else where but if they take you on they may want to repeat some of the initial tests you have done in Aberdeen. I'm not sure if they would give you a copy of all test results to share with another clinic or not though. You are legally entitled to pay for a copy of your medical records. It might be worth phoning round other clinics as some will give you basic advice over the phone. We did that with the Glasgow Centre for Reproductive Medicine and the lady on the phone was great at telling us what bloods my GP could do and send to them for testing etc. Then Aberdeen finally saw us so we changed our mind about going there.

Good luck and big hugs to everyone
xxxxx

blowkiss

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 7:53am

Hey all..

Just thought I'd update, I'm on my 2ww after transferring 2 blastocysts last week
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 9:03am

Good luck bambi! Hope your managing to relax.

Good to hear from you rodeogirl, hood to have some time out from here and try not to think about symptoms too much. I can't say I noticed much between my failed and successful tries.

Best wishes to you all this time last year I was on my tww! Xxx

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 9:32am

Massive congratulations Bambi85. That's great you had 2 Blasts transferred back. Good luck with being PUPO :) When is your test date??

Thanks Hello, how time flies eh! Take care and love and hugs to everyone.

xxx

blowkiss

HHH29

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 3:06pm

Hi everyone,

Great news Bambi I have everything crossed for you and Rodeogirl, time for some good news I think!

Rodeogirl, I am using the NHS although am now willing to consider self funding I only have one shot left on the NHS.

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 7:53pm

Thanks everybody I'm trying not to get my hopes up but feel I need to have some positive vibes!

My test date is the 15th xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Friday, October 7th 2016, 5:37am

Morning everyone!

A week since transfer and I'm having crazy vivid dream and feel so tired n nausea, I really want to test I have a feeling but I'm gonna be strong!! Could be the meds or I'm emotionally drained tho...

R u having any symptoms yet Rodeogirl, when's ur test date? Xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Sunday, October 9th 2016, 8:34pm

Thinking of you today rodeogirl hope it was good news xxxx

Sunday, October 9th 2016, 8:36pm

Praying for u rodeogirl
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Monday, October 10th 2016, 11:03am

Hey Ladies, thanks for you good wishes.

Well sadly it was a BFN yesterday despite my symptoms coming back again on Thursday stronger than ever and some stronger than when I was previously pregnant! I supoose it shows the oestrogen and progesterone are being absorbed but our gut feeling was with all the issues at time of transfer that they caused it not to work. Feeling gutted now as they were both excellent grade embryos. We've still got 1 frozen left but they said at time of transfer that if this cycle didn't work then they wanted to do another hysteroscopy before FET to see what was going on with my cervix.

My issue now is I don't know how to stop the meds. In my trial cycle I had to stop the Progonova but continue with the Cyclogest for another week. I've left a message asking for someone to phone me back and let me know what to do this time or can I just stop both of them now? Has anyone else been on both of these meds after transfer?

We are also seriously considering booking an appt down in Coventry to get tested for natural killer cells which is what I thought was causing all my mc's in the past. Thye weren't overly keen for this but didn't say we couldn't do it but said there evidence was still sketchy. The way look at it is, what do we have to lose now? So it's back to the waiting game for our follow up appt and then wait for the hysteroscopy after that.

Big hugs to you all

xxxx

blowkiss

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE