You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Sunday, October 18th 2015, 7:45pm

Hi bumblebee, mine took ages to come in and then I phoned and they gave dates and times over the phone. Hope all goes well on Tuesday.

Yeh taking it easy back to work tomorrow so will be taking it easy have had to say to my manager due to nature of job and patients. Clinic said I need to contact local midwife soon as. Were you seen before your first scan xxxx :)

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Sunday, October 18th 2015, 10:56pm

Hi bumblebee, my protocol took ages and like hello I ended up phoning them. I hope all your appointments go well x

Hello, I called the mw straight away but they were really busy. I did end up with an appointment at 6wks as there was a cancellation but your first is normally at 8 wks where they book you in and give you a record book and should book you in for your 12wk scan too. Hope your manager is understanding and that your first wk back goes ok. X x x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Monday, October 19th 2015, 11:10am

thanks both. If it's not here tomorrow I will ask on Wednesday when I'm there. Need to plan time off work for scans xx

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 9:19am

Morning All

Bumblebee we're off to Aberdeen this afternoon for Hysteroscopy tomorrow. AFhas just arrived, typical when we are going through today but decided to just go. I've looked it up online and some say they will still do it. They didn't mention anything at last appt or in the paperwork about phoning if AF arrived and they know I've an got an irregular cycle so hoping for the best. Nerves are starting to kick in a wee bit now about it all, his want it all to be over with. It's a Dr Oybek Rustamov who is doing it. Anyone heard of him/her?

Hope everyone else is al doing ok

Xxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 7:17pm

Good luck bumblebee and rodeogirl thinking on you both for tomorrow! Hope all goes well for you both! Xxx

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:19pm

Good luck Bumbleebee for tomorrow. Hope it goes ok and isn't too sore xxx

blowkiss

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:23pm

Phoned the midwife on Monday and am being seen on Friday I will be six weeks on Sunday but she gas no spaces until three weeks after so wants to see me before I go on the 2nd for scan xxx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:49pm

be thinking of you tomorrow Rodeogirl... Let's us know how you get on? X

Hello - wow that's great about the midwife. Better sooner than later x

Me & mum are in Jurys Inn & I'm shattered. Appt not to 2:30pm so won't be home until late. It was a wee bit sore last time but painkillers helped xx

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:56pm

Hope you have a nice night and enjoying your morning before your appointment. Xxx

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 5:28pm

Hope all went girls have been thinking if you both xxx

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 8:46pm

Rubbish day for me sadly. No beds on arrival so 5 of us got moved to another ward downstairs instead. Was supposed to be 2nd on list so got gowned up, given pre med then got told list was being changed around. Got fobbed off all day then at 4.45 porter came to collect me, went to the loo, came back to be told by a nurse theatres had phoned to say list had overrun and they cancelled me. I burst into tears as we had come such a long way and waited all day to be told this now. Phoned OH to come to ward and then cons and Reg came to apologise saying they had lost a lead for the equipment and would do me tomorrow instead. They say I could stay in but just wanted to go so then had added stress of trying to find hotel to stay in tonight's nurses kindly have is the number for the Red Cross accommodation for relatives to stay in so we got booked in there at short notice and I'm back on the ward at 8am tomorrow for another day of stress! Not what I need and just want this over now.

Bumblebee hope you got on ok today xxx

blowkiss

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 8:49pm

Oh god that's totally pants :thumbdown: that's really a disgrace tho, especially when you've come so far...they should pay for your expenses tonight too. Hope all goes well tomorrow xx

I'm just in the door. Scratch went as OK as it could. Quite painful this time round. Needing more painkillers before bed. DF's sample unchanged so it will be ICSI this time round xx

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 9:25pm

That's terrible rodeogirl thinking off you!

Rest u bumblebee at least it's done and you kniw now it's icsi xxxx

Thursday, October 22nd 2015, 9:03am

Thanks everyone . Back in a proper bed this time and not a trolley again so a bit more comfy today. Given me a bigger dose if pre med today which I can feel working now. Should be going down in about an hour or so which is good. Well that's the plan!

Bumblebee glad your scratch went ok. Hope the pain eases a bit today. Sorry your hubby's results hadn't improved but at least you have the option of ICIS now. Take care and hope you feel better soon

Xxx

blowkiss

Thursday, October 22nd 2015, 9:21am

Good luck rodeogirl hope all goes well today xx

Thursday, October 22nd 2015, 9:55am

Thank you Hello. Just waiting to go down now. Hopefully won't have to wait too long today. Hope you are doing ok too? Xxx

blowkiss

Thursday, October 22nd 2015, 10:02am

Yeh ok so far but still anxious but guess this is normal! Got a day off today so just chilling! Hope you don't have to wait to long before going down today xx

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 10:15am

Moving everyone.

Finally got Hysteroscopy yesterday morning. Great news no adhesions or scarring found but lining of uterus was very thin. The registrar spoke to us in the afternoon but I was still quite groggy after the premed and anaesthetic. She mentioned something about atrophy which could have been caused by aggressive mc surgeries in the past. They will see me back in clinic but the plan at the moment is to start me on hormones to thicken up the lining for a few cycles then extract the eggs and freeze them. Once they are happy they have a thick enough lining to sustain a pregnancy the they will do a FET. It was Dr Maheshwari from the IVF Dept that did the op in the end so was happy with that. The registrar was going to go and update my IVF notes with all the info as they are kept separately from normal hospital records. I've just got to phone the IVF secy's now to see if I've to stick to my appt on the 3rd Nov or if they will change this and I'll see the gynae team first. She wasn't quite sure what would happen. I'm glad it's all over now.

Bumblebee hope you are feeling ok today. Xxx

blowkiss

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 10:28am

Morning. Lovely to hear you finally had your procedure. They have a good plan in place for you too so that must be reassuring
I'm doing fine apart from major bust up with OH xx

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 11:21am

Oh no! That's not what you need right now Hun. All of this really takes its toll on relationships. I had a major bust up with mine end of last week and told him to pack his bags and go if he wasn't going to be supportive. I didn't really mean it and was totally stressed out about everything and worried sick about getting a GA. hope things are better for you soon. Massive hugs and look after yourself xxx

blowkiss

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 5:21pm

Rodeogirl so glad it went well for you and they now have a care plan for you! :)
Bumblebee sorry to hear you and Dh fallen out we did a few times before starting treatment think we were both so streesed and emotions all over the place! Xxx

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 1:22pm

New to all of this...

Hi everyone,
I've just registered on here as a friend of mine who went through all of this highly recommended it to me. I'm also being treated at Aberdeen ARU.
Lucky for us, we stay in Aberdeen, so I can totally understand that it must be such an extra burden/stress to have to travel from far away every time!
I seem to have POS, but ovulate and have periods fairly regularly. I had an HSG test for my tubes and came out fine, so at least there was no blockage. My DH results have varied over different tests, but I think the concentration is low. We've been already told that we will need ICSI.
We had our information evening on the 10th of August and our 1st app on the 10th of September. All going well, but then there was somewhere a mix up with dates, since they had a note of my LMP for the 13th Sept, which was wrong! So the dates on protocol came in, I was totally confused, and ended up starting to take Norethisterone on day 2 instead of day 21! I was a bit worried about having a bad start already, but had baseline scan last Monday 19/10 and nurse seemed happy with it. I started FSH injections on the 20th and yesterday 24th, started Cetrorelix. My DH is doing the injections for me, because I have an awful fear of needles, but he's great with it, thank goodness!
Will have monitoring scans this coming week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Any tips or advice from anyone? This is our first time ever IVF experience, so a bit lost and confused at times... Although staff at Aberdeen Maternity Hospital are all great!
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 1:45pm

Hey sunflower,, welcome to our page. Good luck with all your treatment and I'm sure lots of people on here will be able to offer advice. I'm a first timer too and just about to start meds fairly soon once they get my lining thickened up a wee bit.

That's rubbish about them getting your dates mixed up though. Added stress you didn't need! Hope everything goes smoothly from now on. I'm a bit like you with needles too so I've got my pal and neighbour on standby to do mine if I really struggle. She's a radiographer so used to injecting patients with dye etc.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on xxx

blowkiss

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 1:56pm

Welcome sunflower, good luck with your cycle in Aberdeen. I felt they were really good and staff always helpful. How are you feeling on the news? I think I would say is drink plenty water abd keep your self hydrated as it helps with the meds but I would say with your ovaries. Sleep when your tired and listen to your body. When I had week of the scans I had a bath every night and gad a hot water bottle to and I do wonder if it helped the follicles grow.

This has been a great site and always support because we are all in the same situation xxx :)

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 3:10pm

Thanks for the quick replies!
From the injections I think the only side effect I've had so far is a headache, which the nurses already warned me about too. They also said to keep well hydrated, like you said 'Hello', I guess it does help with the headaches! So drinking plenty of water.
Since the clocks went back last night, should I keep injections going on 'yesterday's time', or keep it the same? I mean, I've been taking them at 8pm, so carry on at 8pm tonight or should it be 7pm instead? It has been great being on holiday for the last couple of weeks, chilling out and keeping rested and stress free. We're not obsessing about it and keeping positive. Will see how scan goes tomorrow! :)

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 3:50pm

Glad you have had a restful few weeks, are you taking time off during ec and transfer? I think I would change the time so it's 7 but you do some leway. I have everything crossed for you tomorrow what time is your scan? Xx

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 4:15pm

Thanks! Will do 7pm then just in case. I'll mention to the nurse tomorrow, see what she says.
Yes, I will take time off when EC and FET happens. I'm lucky that my boss is very supportive and keeps telling me not to worry and to take as much time off as I need, which is great! Scan is at 9am tomorrow. xx

Monday, October 26th 2015, 8:00pm

Well, my scan went great this morning. Lots of growing follicles (I think the nurse said 15 one side and 10 the other one), so she took ages measuring them all!
The thickness of lining was also good, so it all seems to be doing well. I got lowered the dose of FSH injections though. We're very happy with the outcome so far. Perhaps next week I will get my EC! Is it quite painful? I'm dreading that a bit... I also asked about how long they'd recommend to be off for from EC and they said one week would be ideal if I could. Is that about right or perhaps need longer? What did everyone else do? Thanks. X

Monday, October 26th 2015, 8:19pm

Great sunflower, EC I found it uncomfortable but then afterwords I was fine but took it easy! I had three weeks off this time and I think it really helped! :) I have everything crossed for you!

I would say this has been my first day feeling sick but there was something nice about it xxx

Monday, October 26th 2015, 9:32pm

Were you vomiting or just nauseous, Hello? I know what you mean about something nice about it. Perhaps a feeling that everything is going as it should be... Is this your second IVF attempt, if you don't mind me asking? X

Monday, October 26th 2015, 9:38pm

Yeh I had my first and was not successful and didn't get any frosties that was June and started again September and was a success and 8 frosties!

Wasn't actually sick but was feeling so bad was late for work as felt I couldn't leave the house!

Have you got a diagnosis or is it unknown? We are unknown which is so frustrating at times! Xxx

Monday, October 26th 2015, 10:19pm

Oh, so happy for you it's gone all well this time round! There are so many people who have to go through it so many times... Good for you! :) We'll see how we get on...
We don't have a diagnosis either! All I know is that we're having to get ICSI and that I have PCOS, which I don't even know if it is a problem or not. Apparently for the EC is very good because they'll be able to collect lots of eggs. But no an actual diagnosis. Xx

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 8:52pm

Great news Sunflower your scan went well with so many follicles seen and a good lining too!

blowkiss

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 9:15pm

Thanks Rodeogirl! Yes, happy with results. Back for scan tomorrow again. Hopefully everything still as good! How are you doing? Xx

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 10:30pm

Good luck for your scan tomorrow. I'm good thanks, recovered from my Hysteroscopy last week so waiting for them to phone tomorrow to say our appt is still on next Tues to go back through sign all the consent forms again and learn how to do the injections. That's the bit I'm dreading. Also need to find out what medications they are going to start me on to thicken up the lining of my uterus first as not sure how long I'll need to do this for first. All good though and trying to stay positive about it all

blowkiss

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 3:00pm

Just had a call back from the nurses to say our appt is still going ahead next Tues so bring all our consent forms and they will go through everything and will have out appt with the nurse afterwards to learn how to do the injections etc.

blowkiss

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 3:20pm

Fantastic rodeogirl, that's great news today! Less than a week to go! Xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 3:20pm

Thats great news Rodeogirl. When's day 21? Do you think you'll get started soon? Xx

Hi Sunflower glad to hear you cycle is going well xx

Hello how are you? Xx

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 5:10pm

Just checked and next Tuesday will be day 15 so I'm not sure how quickly they will start me. Is day 21 the normal day for starting on? I'm not sure either which protocol they will use either as I didn't want to ask the nurse too many questions. I'm sure they will tell me everything next week. I'm so excited now as hit a real downer after last week when I thought this might be put off for another few months until they sorted out the issue of the thin lining. This might still be a problem but at least just knowing we are going through next week has lifted my mood again. :-)

Hope everyone else is doing ok too?

xxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 9:04pm

Hi everyone,
Good to hear, Rodeogirl you're going ahead with appointment on Tuesday. Yes, I think you're meant to start tablets on day 21, but yet I started on day 2 because they seemed to have made a mistake with my dates.... Anyway, it sounds like the ball is rolling for you, so stay positive.
Well, I went to my scan this morning and it went really well! So well that they've scheduled my EC this Friday! I can't believe it's all happening so quickly! I have asked for the week off and got it. We'll see how it all goes on Friday. I'm dreading it a little bit because I don't do well with fasting, hate needles and I faint! My last experience was the HSG test to check my tubes and it was awful! I thought I was going to pass out.
Anyway, I am having my last injections tonight and then get ready for Friday! It's all feeling very real now!
I hope you're all good. Xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 9:27pm

wow that's great news Sunflower! They give you a pre-med beforehand to help you relax. I know what you mean about being anxious about it tho, as on my last EC I nearly had a panic attack & nearly fainted wishing you lots of luck xx

Wednesday, October 28th 2015, 9:55pm

That's great news Sunflower. Good luck for Friday and I'm sure you will be fine. Thank goodness for sedation to help us relax. I'm dreading that bit too when it comes to it. I would seriously prefer a general and no know anything about even going into the room! Xxx

blowkiss

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 29th 2015, 9:50pm

:goodluck: for tomorrow Sunflower. Hope all goes well xx

Ladies is it still the dreaded pessaries they are using after ET? Do you think they would agree for me to go back & use Crinone gel? X

Friday, October 30th 2015, 12:09am

Thank you both for your good luck wishes. I will let you know how it went.
Yes, I agree Rodeogirl, I would rather have general anaesthetic and know nothing about what's going on.... Oh well, will go to bed to get good sleep before tomorrow. I hope you're all doing well.x

Friday, October 30th 2015, 7:29am

Good luck sunflower!

Yeh still the dreaded pessaries they are awful I feel rubbish when I am on them! Xxxx

Friday, October 30th 2015, 10:13am

Thinking of you today Sunflower.

I had the pessaries with my last pregnany. Felt ok with them but just mega bloated though and hated the mess from them. Ended up taking them at bedtime instead and that worked out better. How often do you take them in IVF? Xxx

blowkiss

Friday, October 30th 2015, 12:52pm

Hi all,
Thanks for all your kind wishes. I'm back from my EC. It went really well, better than I expected. The staff were all great and felt very well looked after. They managed to get 17 eggs! Pretty happy with that result. :)
Yes, I went away with the pessaries in a bag. I'm sure I'll prefer them to the injections! ;) Now l'm home resting and have next week off to have a nice rest. Great!
How's everyone else doing? Xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, October 30th 2015, 1:15pm

Sunflower that's a brilliant result....good luck for the call tomorrow. Glad it wasn't an unpleasant experience for you. Rest up & enjoy your time off. Xx

Friday, October 30th 2015, 5:09pm

Fantastic sunflower I have everything crossed for you!

Rodeogirl I have them twice daily 12 hours apart can be challenging when working etc!

That's me on holiday now for a week of chilling was feeling guilty at work since I have only been back two weeks xxx

Friday, October 30th 2015, 7:40pm

Hi,
Thanks Hello and Bumblebee. Rodeogirl, pessaries twice a day, 12 hours apart. I decided to go for 7am and 7pm so it's easier when I go back to work. X

23 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

23 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE