You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 61 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Binky

Star

• "Binky" started this thread

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 8:45pm

Laser hair removal

I have decided that I am fed up with dealing with excess hair every day, and feeling self aware because of it. So I booked an appointment to see if I would be able to have lazer hair removal.

My appointment was today, it went really well, I am a perfet candidate, dark hair, with light skin and no tan.

I can't believe how expensive it is though, but am sure it will be worth it. I have to have a minimum of 8 sessions and the package that I choose is just under £1100. That is only for the sides of my face exculding cheeks and the chin area that covers the neck also. I choose not to have my top lip done, as it is not all that bad and I can cope with it and at £450 I thought it was alot, although I may get it done at a later date.

They said that because I have PCOS, I will probably need one or two top ups a year for the rest of my life.

I paid a £50 deposit and my first session is 2 weeks tomorrow.

I am so worried it is going to hurt like hell. But can't wait to have it done!

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 8:49pm

That's fabulous Binky! As you say it will be money well spent and you will feel so much better inside.

Will you update on here after your sessions? I'd cetainly be intersted to know how it goes and I am sure lots of the other girls will?

xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 8:56pm

Hhi, Binky
I just had my first laser treatment on my chin Monday last week and it was not nearly as bad as I was expecting. They cooled my skin really well before they started so that numbed it a bit and then cooled it off again with each zap. I felt some more than others - they said those were the ones with deeper roots - but I could tolerate it no problem. Waxing my legs is MUCH more painful than the lazer to my chin was. I am due to go back for my second session in 4 weeks or so.
I chose to do the chin first as that is where the most obvious, thick stranded and longest hairs are. Once I am done with those then I will probably do the lip and that will likely be all I can afford...

Oh, I was advised to use some sunburn gel (the stuff you use to cool your skin when you have got a burn) to help keep the skin cool for the evening and, despite my slightly darker skin tone, had no trouble other than a bit of mild swelling that only I noticed because i could feel the difference in my skin.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 8:57pm

oh it is a dream of mine to get that done! i would never be able to aford it tho,

please let us know how you get on hun, and what its like....just incase i ever come into some money. hope it goes well!

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 9:01pm

Well done you
I wish you all the best and will be very interested as to how you get on

blowkiss Sammmy xxx

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 61 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE