You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Dyan x" started this thread

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Children: No Children

Saturday, April 5th 2008, 9:38pm

Do i contact GP now?

Hi girls,

I tested positive on friday and rang clinic to let them know. They gave me a scan date of 24th April, which is fine, but in the meantime, do u think i need to see my GP to let them know whats happening or wait until after my scan where (hopefully) i will get discharged from clinic anyway?

No-one at clinic has mentioned this to me, so not too sure what to do?

Thanks,

dx
1st IVF Feb 08
:BFP: 4th April 2008

bab22

Reg: Nov 28th 2007

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 10:34am

RE: Do i contact GP now?

Hi Dyan,

Nobody told me at my clinic either hun? I had to go the docs as I got the dreaded thrush, ;( ad I mentioned it there to them. You won't do any harm going to the docs to inform them? Or you could wait till after the scan at your clinic? It's watever suits you luvvie.

Hope you are well and still feeling really excited :D :D, the feeling is the bestest isn't it!!!!

Luv D x
Luv

[ME 38 - DP 38

TRYING TO CONCEIVE SINCE OCT 2006
UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY????
1ST IVF STARTED FEB 08 h/b seen at 8wks m/c lost at 9wks
2nd IVF STARTED JULY BFN
3rd IVF STARTED OCT- Folly scan on 21st Nov

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 12:14pm

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the reply, think i will make an appt and nip in to let them know, only coz last time i was there, Im sure she sed for me to let them know as it will take ages to filter thru from clinic and she has to arrange care! I didnt really listen properly as i really wasnt expecting it to work 1st time!

To be honest, i still cant believe it, its as if its happening to someone else! Although I do still dread going the loo, so frightened of something going wrong b4 the 12 week mark, but i spose everyone feels like that, whether they have had ivf or not!

dx
1st IVF Feb 08

bab22

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Children: 2 - son Isa (6) and daughter Anouk (2)

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 12:45pm

Hi, I think if you just phone your GPs and tell them you have just become pregnant they will arrange for your first midwife appointment. You don't need to see the GP.

In our area the midwife then phones you, and the first appt is a home one where they come to you. They confirm likely dates and you'll get a big pregnancy pack with loads of info in it to read. You have that one appt, then don't see the midwife again for ages which is a bit disappointing. Good luck with everything x
Mum to Isa (6, and who has Cystic Fibrosis) & Anouk (2). 1st ICSI+PGD 2008. BFP! 4 blasto frosties. 1st FET Sept 2011, amazing BFP! x

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 2:21pm

I have to see my GP for my thyroid, so they know about it anyway, and said when my clinic is ready to hand me over, to pop in and make an appointment to see the midwife, around 10 weeks they said to go see, so all sorted at my end, but I have a little village doctors and its lovely, so hey!

C
xx
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

• "jane april" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: May 22nd 2006

Children: twin girls

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 2:39pm

I made an appointment to see my doc when found out i had a BFP. She was great and called it my first ante natal appointment and went through everything. I have made my first appointment with my midwife for after my scan cause you just don't know do you

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
DH fine, me blocked tubes and adhesions
1st IVF BFN,December 06 tubal surgery,2nd IVF BFN,3rd IVF :BFP: TWINS
5 frosties
April 09 ectopic pregnancy

bab10 bab10
our babies are two pink frillies

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 6:48pm

thanks girls,

I think i will nip in and see her, they are usually really good! Also wana discuss something else with her, dont know it if will make any difference but my mum had 3 miscarriages b4 having me and when carrying me had to have injections to maintain the pregnancy (probly progesterone-will check with her as she still has hospital records).

I know i mite be sounding paranoid, but no harm in checking if these things are heriditary.

If only she puts my mind at rest it will have been worth it!

Roll on june!!!! :D

Dx
1st IVF Feb 08

bab22

Hon

Reg: Mar 12th 2008

Monday, April 7th 2008, 10:43am

RE: Do i contact GP now?

Hi Dyan

Congrats on your preg-test! Wishing you good luck throughout your 9 months. :D
Honey

Monday, April 7th 2008, 6:52pm

Thanks Honey!

Well I rang my docs this morning and they sed i needed to make a booking in appt with the nurse, so ive done that for Wednesday at 4.30pm. Not sure wot this entails, but friends who have had kids all reckon its to book scans and midwives appts etc, anyway will find out Wednesday! Feel a bit better knowing that i will be doing something and not just being left till 1st scan!

Seems a long time away and anything can happen, but if the worst shud happen, there is nothing they can do anyway is there?

Aw well, such is life!

Is anyone else really bloated, i know it sounds mad (im only 5 weeks on wed) but it looks liike im showing ( i know i cant be) but my trousers are really, really tight around my waist and they werent b4?

dx
1st IVF Feb 08

bab22

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Children: 2 - son Isa (6) and daughter Anouk (2)

Monday, April 7th 2008, 7:37pm

Hi Dyan... perhaps if you are feeling bloated you have some mild OHSS? They say it can take weeks for your ovaries to return to normal! I have a huge tummy right now (moderate OHSS) so I'm in maternity jeans already! x
Mum to Isa (6, and who has Cystic Fibrosis) & Anouk (2). 1st ICSI+PGD 2008. BFP! 4 blasto frosties. 1st FET Sept 2011, amazing BFP! x

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 10:03am

Hi Perdita,

Sorry to hear you have had a bad time with OHSS, Im sure i would know about it if i had it bad do you think? So as you say, maybe i have a milder version.

Ive got my booking in appt 2moro at docs with nurse, so will mention it then! Also noticed ive got a rash like ezcema!

God, im falling apart, hee hee

dx
1st IVF Feb 08

bab22

Reg: Jan 14th 2008

Children: one

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 3:48pm

I haven't told my doc - i didnt think i should til after the 7th wk scan - do you advise i should then? xxx
Charliegirl :xxx3: ttc 4 yrs 1st ivf attempt BFN dec 07 (2 snow babies ) FET on natural cycle mar 08 blessed with a wonderful [zx127]BFP!! Our beautiful boy born dec 2008! best christmas present in the world!

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 4:46pm

I was a bit like that Charliegirl, specially as i havent been discharged from the fertility clinic, but when i was talking to GP about general pregnancy before i started treatmenet, she said to let her know WHEN, (yes she said when....) i was pregnant as it would take ages to filter trhough from the clinic.

The only reason being that our GP's are still reswponsible for our pre-natal care (dont know if this is just in my area or not, but i would think all were same).

So i rang to make an appointment and told receptionist w3hy i needed it and she just said i dont need to see a GP just the nurse who does the booking in! So i went long, told her about the ivf and she just filled forms out for which hospital i wanted to go to and for free prescriptions and dental treatment. She didnt check anyhting with me, it was purely just to book into hospital and make appointment for first midwife visit.

it cant do any harm for you to do the same, but I dont think its a problem if you havent yet as still under clinic.

For me it was just personal choice, so just do what you feel comfortable with doing!

dx
1st IVF Feb 08

bab22

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Friday, April 18th 2008, 4:03pm

hiya,

only 6 days till first scan, how exciting. mine is on the 6 may, crossing fingers, I think the room where they scan you is opposite where they scan you for the follies.

Let me know, Kate
Katex jilly bab13

Saturday, April 19th 2008, 9:25am

Hi Kate,

Great to see you on the first trimester board, seems like Liverpool Womens is doing well!!

It has seemed like forever, since i got my bfp to the scan date and Im sure you will feel the same too eventually! I think its strange that we have had all this medication, EC and ET then when we ring up with our results, they just give you an appt for weeks away, no blood test, no confirmation pg test etc! But as one of the ladies said on FZ a positive is a positive!!!

How are you feeling? Any symptoms yet? Has the 12ww worry set in yet, it drives you bonkers!

:happy:

dx
1st IVF Feb 08

bab22

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE