You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shas

Ace

Reg: Jul 1st 2010

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 6:12pm

BG- [zx050] , i'll just do it right now ...
TTC#1: 4yrs

me:33 (AMH 7.9) DH:35 (both ok otherwise)

3 clomid cycles: all BFN

ivf #1 july 2010 : BFP miscarriage at 7 weeks

ivf #2 nov' 2010 : BFN
ivf #3 aug 2011 : BFN

go for private now ??

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Friday, September 10th 2010, 2:47pm

:hi: All,

My nausea started at 5w4d and had one day of morning sickness at 8w, however since then (for the last four days) - nothing. Can it just stop this suddenly and this early?? Should I be worried or make the most of it? I have been told symptoms come and go but am scared (given some of my other symptoms seem less too). At my 7w scan they did find 1 heartbeat but also an empty sac (which contained signs of a fetal pole and yolk sac but had stopped developing) - so could this reduction in symptoms be due to that sac stopping hormone production? Know I am probably stressing over nothing but .....

Thanks,
xxx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NikkiH" (Sep 10th 2010, 2:48pm)

Reg: May 12th 2007

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 12:06pm

Hi Nikki

Nausea can just come and go. Mine started at 5wks too and then started to subside and I thought I was over it at 11-12 wks and now is back with a vengeance at 14wks. Its bizarre.
Its possible it was worse in the earlier days due to the fact that you initially had two there and as you're no longer producing double the hormones to support 2 it could just be tailing off. Lucky you if it is! Try not to worry hun!!! xx

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Monday, September 13th 2010, 3:57pm

Hi Nikki, I'm so sorry about the empty sac. I'd agree with Geordie: I keep thinking my MS is getting better and then it's back with a vengeance! I have read that MS can start to subside as early as 8-9 weeks, when the placenta starts to take over. I'd try not to worry (lots of people don't get any at all). Cathy xxx [zx127]
Cathy

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Monday, September 13th 2010, 3:59pm

Thanks girls smile2

Am feeling a bit more positive now and have next scan on Wed to check that our little one is still OK.

This is so hard though - does it get easier after 12 weeks?

xx

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Monday, September 13th 2010, 8:15pm

Hi Nikki, it can be stressful, can't it? You're right to stay positive. Good luck for your scan. My next one is next week. Cathy xxx :cuddle
Cathy

Reg: Jul 20th 2010

Children: 1

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 9:51pm

Hello! I think I'm 5+1 (EC on 1st September) and started feeling sick tonight - couldn't eat all my dinner. Cathy - hot flushes at the same time. Is this morning sickness so early? Didn't think it would come so quickly?

BonBon xx
[zx145] BonBon xxx (TTC 3 years, Male Factor,1st ICSI August 2010, BFP 16th September smile2 )

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 2:08pm

Hi Bonbon, I started getting sick at around the beginning of week 5. Horrible it's started so early for you. I've just passed 12 weeks and I'm sure mine is now starting to ease. Hang on in there... hopefully it won't last too long. Cathy xxx :cuddle
Cathy

Reg: Jul 20th 2010

Children: 1

Monday, October 11th 2010, 6:39pm

HI Cathy - not sure if you'll see this - it's been a while! I'm now 7+5 and haven't had any morning sickness just nausea in the afternoons when I feel tired. I know it sounds crazy but should I have morning sickness by now? God - this process makes us so paranoid doesn't it? But FZ is fantastic cos you can just pop on and ask the question and someone will be round to answer!
[zx145] BonBon xxx (TTC 3 years, Male Factor,1st ICSI August 2010, BFP 16th September smile2 )

hjp

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, October 18th 2010, 5:09pm

sickness all day.....boo!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Monday, October 18th 2010, 6:34pm

Aww HJP, hope you feel better soon xxx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 2:38pm

Hi

I'm 6+5 weeks pregnant and for the past week I have felt nauseas every day. It's not been all day but most of the day. Sometimes I wake up feeling sick and it lasts till the afternoon, some days I wake up feeling OK but by lunchtime I feel sick and it lasts till the evening. I was physically sick on Friday and have started to retch more, and today I have come home early from work as I have been sick again. I always said that I would embrace morning sickness if I ever got pregnant as it's been a long hard journey to get here but I feel lousy. I really want to enjoy this pregnany and am annoyed with myself for whinging about the sickness but it's hard.

I've been wearing wrist bands, which I thought eased it for a bit but after today I know it's not a permanent cure but I'll keep wearing them. I've tried ginger biscuits, which just taste very strong and the flavour made me feel sick. I know they say it's when your sugar levels drop so tried nibbling digestives to get a bit of a sugar kick but these all ease it for half an hour and then I feel sick again. I've been eating little and often but nothing seems stops the sickness for more than an hour or so.

My hospital have said I can see my GP as there is medication that is safe to take in pregnancy but I am in two minds about it. I really want something to help take away the sickness but I'm scared it may harm my baby. A girl in work, who knows I am pregnant (and she has two children) said she personally would avoid medication and just try and get on with it. Easier said than done though lol!

What I wanted to ask was has anyone on here taken medication prescribed by your doctor? if so what was it and did it help?

Thanks,

:xxx:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 7:58pm

Yes!!! I did!!!

I took prochlorperazine as I was very sick during pregnancy. The doctor gave me this and signed me off work up until I was about 14 weeks when the sickness went.

I couldn't keep any food down and was just feeling so terrible. The tablets did the trick but they did make me drowsy so that and the normal tiredness in early pregnancy I just slept all day :D

My baby was fine not affected at all.

I felt the same as you about wanting to embrace the sickness feeling but it got to a point where I couldn't brush my teeth in the morning and I couldn't even drink water.

If you are struggling then go to the doctors and get something chick. You won't enjoy your pregnancy if you feel rubbish. I'm guessing the girl with 2 children hardly had any morning sickness. I had it all day and during the night too. Not good.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 6:31am

Thanks Flic. I saw a comment about those tablets and googled them. I wonder if they only give them to you if you're physically sick a few times a day?! I have only been sick 3 times over the past week or so, it's just a constant nauseas feeling really with the wanting to retch but not actually be sick.

I spoke to my mum yesterday and she said about the lady in work that everyone will have different types of sickness, some will be able to just get on with it but some will feel so lousy that it does affect your everyday life. I felt bad yesterday when my colleague said that, like I should just learn to get on with it but I'm finding it very hard to concentrate on work (I work in a busy office). Only a few people know in my department so trying to keep it a secret is hard too. Those that don't know think I went home with a stomach bug.

I read this whole thread after I posted and got some tips for natural remedies and think I may give sour sweets a try. I think I have found a remedy for the morning, which is to eat a small bowl of cereal (Special K or Bran Flakes) before I attempt to get ready and go to work. That keeps me going for an hour or so and then I will have some wholegrain toast. I think the problem is for me that snacking on biscuits isn't substantial enough between 8am when I have toast and 12pm when I have lunch, I probably should have some more toast or cereal about 10am. In fact that is what I am going to try. I'm off work today as couldn't face going in so will try the eating little every couple of hours and work out what foods are best. If this doesn't help then I will enquire with my GP about those tablets.

I completely relate to QueenZebra's posts as that is exactly how I have been feeling. The encouraging thing to hear from this is that MS is apparently a very good sign and that it does ease after the first trimester (well, for some!), so only another 6 weeks to go lol! I just hope it doesn't ruin my Christmas.

This has been a great thread to read. It's funny how some things work for some but not for others but like my mum said everyone will react differently.

Congratulations on your baby and great you conceived naturally, I have PCOS too and struggled naturally hence going down the IVF route. All thoroughly worth it (including the MS) if I have a healthy baby in my arms at the end of it :pray:

:xxx:

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Children: a bun in the oven!

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 11:52am

i bought the sweat bands for sickness, they work a bit, but im still feeling sick a bit. is it too early for sickness to start? im around 5-6 weeks

xxx

bab23

IVF Nov 2010, 30 eggs, 20 embryos, 6 snow babies and a BFP!!!

MY DIARY - Mindy and Daddy Cool's pregnancy diary!

Help for Heroes Parachute Jump www.bmycharity.com/v2/stevencurry

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 12:35pm

Hi Hoping!!

We conceived after ovarian drilling. We had our appointment through for IVF which was 2 weeks away! A bit of a miracle really!

I thought exactly the same as you, all the laps, OHSS, drugs were all worth it!!

Mindy, no its not too early. Your ticker says 7 weeks which is the time morning sickness does make an appearance. Even if you are earlier you can still get MS.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 3:04pm

Mindy - my sickness kicked in at just over 5 weeks so yes it can start that early. Are you 7 weeks as your ticker says or 5-6 weeks? I am 7 weeks tomorrow so we're very close smile2

Flic - I read into ovarian drilling but was never offered it, they said IVF was the only option. It's worked though so I'm happy.

So today I have been eating A LOT! I am starving within 2 hours of eating and the foods I have eaten today seem to be keeping the sickness away - cereal, toast, Squares S&V crisps, Quavers, Boiled sweets, Werthers Original, and a small jacket potato with beans. Sounds like a lot and probably not mega healthy but I think I am realising that as soon as I get that hungry feeling I need to eat something because if I ignore it that is when the sickness kicks in. I have had moments when I have felt a tad sick after eating but I haven't retched yet so that's good. I'm stocking up on fruit as can't eat sweets and crisps all the time, and will probably grate some carrots and nibble on carrot sticks. I'm determined to find a diet and routine that will help me feel less sick so when I do I will post it on here and hope that it helps others.

I have found it really hard to drink water because of the sickness as it tastes funny and if it's not chilled it makes me gag. I bought some Vimto and it tastes much better. I know it's very sugary and probably not the best choice but it's all they had in the local shop. I will try and find a better fruit cordial and may even try sparking water. Chilled milk has been a nice drink too.

I'll try this eating lots for the next couple of days and hopefully it will make the sickness more bearable and I can return to work and get on with things.

I'm still wearing the sickness bands as scared to take them off now in case I get full blown nauseas LOL!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 8:44am

I think at the moment you need to do what you can to get your through the day and if that means eating bad stuff then I think go for it. When the sickness has gone you can go back to eating more healthily.

I hope you feel better soon.

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 10:10am

im not sure how many weeks i am, someone worked it out for me and it looks as if i am around 7 weeks but i only had EC on 11th November?? :S
i have my scan on 16th so i am gonna ask the nurses then. my sickness comes and goes, i just cant stop eating, but then i eat that much it makes me feel sick lol. xxx

bab23

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 11:27am

Use this calculator as it may give you a better idea. It tells me my EDD is 29 July 2011. I put in the date of my blastocyst transfer, which was 10 November and it says I am 7 weeks today :)

http://www.ivf-infertility.com/calc_preg.php

Either enter the date of your EC or the date of the embryo / blast replaced and hit calculate.

Of course, my scan on 17th will determine how accurate this is but it's a good indicator.

Just munching some cornflakes to keep me going till lunchtime. Already had bran flakes and toast lol! Stocked up on bananas as I believe these help ease an upset tummy. Got some juicy green apples too. Having a healthy dish of brown pasta, veg and pesto later. How am I going to hide how much I am eating in work?! It's OK at home but someone at work is gonna suss it out sooner or later lol! My belly is very slowly increasing! I can't wait to tell everyone, roll on mid January!!

:xxx3:

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 11:56am

thank you! i have it now and have deleted my ticker xxx

bab23

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 1:56pm

Hiya,

Mindy I get you at 6 weeks today!!

If you had EC on 11th November that makes you 6 weeks. The date of EC is the the date of ovulation which by that time you are already 2 weeks pg!!

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 7:47pm

Thanks Flic, i was getting myself so confused!! i have my due date as 4th August 2011! xxx

bab23

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:42pm

Just for those ladies who get nausea OH read in one of my pregnancy mags today that sniffing a cut lemon can get rid of the nausea, I just tried it and it worked...yeay! No more eating when I dont want to! (as thats the only thing that has got rid of it up to now)

Have to say the urge to bite into it is overwhelming, but a lick doesnt seem to harm either even though it doesnt make you look the most attractive...

I'm off to do some more lemon licking!

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, February 7th 2011, 10:16pm

I'm off to do some more lemon licking!

laugh1 That just sounds so wrong

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Monday, February 7th 2011, 10:39pm

:teehee:

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Friday, February 25th 2011, 8:41am

Does anybody know if sickness can cause problems during pregnancy?

My wife has suffered with sickness quite alot and its all day not just mornings. Last night after eating she was sick and said she felt like she'd pulled her tummy. Obviously worrying, but surely morning sickness is something most people get so cant do too much damage?

Our doctor gave her some anti-sickness tablets but they dont agree with her either and make her feel lightheaded. Plus she doesnt like the idea of taking anything that will ending up being passed to the baby.

Thanks

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, February 25th 2011, 9:38am

Sickness shouldn't cause any problems during pregnancy. I had it badly in the first trimester and was vomiting every day. I think in my worst 24 hour period I vomited about 12 times! For me it started to lessen around 13 weeks and was gone by 16 weeks. That is a pretty normal pattern as the placenta starts to take over around 12 weeks. It returned in the third trimester but I have known people who have suffered throughout the pregnancy though this isn't so common. All babies born perfectly healthy with no issues.

The drugs they give you are safe to take and although I never took them I know lots of people who ahve done.

How pg is your wife? If she is very worried then have another chat with your midwife or GP but I would say that if she is still in the first trimester and doesn't want to take any drugs then ride it out....it will pass! Lucozade was my saviour! Although I didn;t keep it down all of the time, it was enough to give me an energy boost. Ginger did nothing for me but I did find lemon flavoured foods easier to stomach. Sucking on a lollipop (I know, hardly the weather) or an ice cube to keep fluids up is also good.

ost of all, try not to worry, the baby is honestly getting all the nourishment it needs and the sickness won;t be forever. Although it is hard to differentiate all of teh muscles and organs inside of you, take a look at an anatomy diagram to reassure yourselves that vomiting really isn't putting any stress around the womb area - that baby is well protected in there.

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Friday, February 25th 2011, 9:46am

Thanks Jensqui, she's just over 11 weeks. Has had the sickness for a few weeks now and hadnt worried too much before now, but it was just the pain that caused the concern.

Thanks again.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE