You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Peppa

Monday, September 29th 2008, 4:46pm

Sweets helped for me too and when i wanted to eat something proper i would have to get my blood sugar levels up with a few sweets first and then eat. I didn't really eat proper food very much in the first 12 weeks though, i just couldn't face most things.

Seabands helped a little too.

Oh and avoid the supermarket if you can - especially that evil hot chicken counter!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Monday, September 29th 2008, 5:38pm

I agree with all the above and if nothing else works the dr can prescribe you anti sickness tablets but only use them as a last resort... As you know ive had it all the way through my pregnancy and i only gave in and got anti sickness tablets at about 30 weeks due to the fact the hot weather was making me worse...

Michelle is right too about avoid supermarkets unless you have eaten and feel ok , i used to yack all the way down the meats isle...

If you find something that works stick with it... there is nothing worse than feeling shocking all the time...
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, September 29th 2008, 6:33pm

And if you feel really sick, don't fight it. Have a glass of water and let it come back up again. You'll feel immediately better and be able to eat a proper meal straight away...AND keep it down.

I'm not suggesting you bring up meals but fighting the sickness on an empty stomach from morning till night, day after day, is very draining.

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, September 29th 2008, 8:23pm

Completely agree with the advice to eat!

I had more or less constant nausea until 15 weeks, and felt that because I was only actually sick once, I was lucky.....but really, I found the nausea really hard to cope with, and I remember reading in a pg book, that nausea can be just as hard to deal with as actual sickness.

I could only manage carbs/starchy food through most of my 1st tri, and even when I didn't feel like it, I made myself eat, as I knew that if I didn't, I would feel even worse! (I now know you can feel sick and hungry at the same time!!)
The starchy food did help a bit.

Really feel for you, it does make you feel rotten

xxx

(Oh, Mrs J, I smiled at your post saying you have bought things, and thrown them away, as you didn't fancy them, that brought back memories of a cupboard full of soft drinks/food, barely touched, and poor dh shaking his head when he realised I'd sent him out for my latest 'fancy' only to take a sip/bite, and not touch the rest!!!)

xxx

<

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, September 29th 2008, 8:29pm

I had a craving for fresh bread in the early weeks, it was the ONLY thing I could think of that I could possibly eat. I told my Mum late one evening and at 10.30pm there was a knock on the door (she lived next door and we were right out in the countryside) She'd baked me some bread and brought it around for me, her face was a picture, she was so thrilled... I smiled and looked really grateful as I caught a whiff of it... and my stomach turned over.... :rolleyes:

:puke:

Aint it fun :D

compley

Megastar

Monday, September 29th 2008, 8:33pm

Ahhh Bells, how lovely of your Mum! Shame you didn't feel up to eating it!

Fun it sure is! I remember feeling so happy when it finally subsided, and I ate a meal and enjoyed it...but, that was shortlived, as the heartburn came along in it's place....and gaviscon became my best friend for the next 21 weeks!! :snigger:

<

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, September 29th 2008, 8:43pm

Then you have your baby and you don't eat a hot meal again for six months. Your plate sits on the arm of the sofa as you wave your fork at it, trying to get peas into your mouth but failing. Eventually you 'very slowly' eat cold potatoes with your fingers (can't move a muscle as the baby's asleep on you) as your hubby sits watching TV with his contented full belly :riv2:

lmao

Not that I'm bitter :D

compley

Megastar

Monday, September 29th 2008, 8:46pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Bells
Then you have your baby and you don't eat a hot meal again for six months. Your plate sits on the arm of the sofa as you wave your fork at it, trying to get peas into your mouth but failing. Eventually you 'very slowly' eat cold potatoes with your fingers (can't move a muscle as the baby's asleep on you) as your hubby sits watching TV with his contented full belly :riv2:

lmao

Not that I'm bitter :D

lmao dh kept saying, why are you rushing your food??? ummm, because if you want to eat food with a young baby, you have to do it quick, or not at all!!!

<

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, September 29th 2008, 8:48pm

Thank goodness you can get a full days recommended vitamins and minerals from a bag of Mistrels and a glass of Chardonnay....

[zx062]

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 6:43am

Love it!

You 2 crack me up :snigger:

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:23am

Oh yes I'd forgotten about the 'no hot meals' bit of early parenthood. And the 'no hot cups of tea'. I lived off mini cheddars for the first few weeks and I developed quite a taste for cold tea!

compley

Megastar

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:02pm

:snigger: I did have a chuckle last night! It brought it all back! Was thinking about it again this morning, and remembered bfing H, and draping a muslin over him, to catch the toast crumbs I was trying to eat!...oh, and eating with him in the baby sling, only to take him out and find bits of my tea on his babygro!!

<

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 4:55pm

I came across some 'Peartizer' this afternoon which is a bit like Appletizer and it has taken my sickness away. I cannot believe it!

There is a god............... [zx110]

:snigger:

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 1:33pm

Donna, pear drops did it for me. Ate bucket loads of them!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Debs

Ace

Reg: Mar 15th 2006

Children: 2 DD 11 & 3yrs old. DS born 16/11/12. 2 natural 1 iui

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 3:49pm

Sickness

Hi

Does anyone have any advice on constant sickness? I phoned the nurse to see if there is anything I can buy but she said there isn't :bawl:. I had to come home from College today for the 4th time in 2 weeks because I feel so ill. I know I shouldn't be moaning but I just feel so terrible all the time. I know it will pass but that just seems such a long way off yet.

TTC 5 Years
Me 30 - DH 32
DD - 8
1st IUI 25/10/08 BFP
:happy:

Our beautiful little miracle finally arrived on Tues 14/07/09 :D Baby Cara x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 3:53pm

I've merged your thread into one we already have, so have a good read above your post. There is also another thread here

Morning Sickness Cures

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Nov 3rd 2008

Children: Mum to Cody Charles

Thursday, January 1st 2009, 5:57pm

Struggling with bad nausea - at my wits end - any suggestions?

Hi ladies, I've had 'morning' sickness (yeah right!!) non stop all week (I'm at 7 and a half weeks at the mo), its even there when I get up in the night making it real hard to settle back again. TBH I'm not coping very well at the moment on a day to day basis nevermind with the thought that its likely to stay like this for at least another month!

I am doing fine forcing myself to eat (though nothing cooked and can't go anywhere near garlic!), and am not loosing weight or anything, but my tummy is so queasy feeling all the time, I'm nausous all the time, its like having perpetual food poisoning, the direct urge to vomit just seems to come on super fast without warning (except feeling like I need to belch!). I know lots of you lovely ladies must have been through this, any hints of things that help - I'm having acu for it, ginger, drinking as much as poss... The acu did help for that day, but I can't have it every day!

I know I should just feel happy and reassured by the fact I have clear symptoms, but I am honestly at my wits end and just need to find something to give me a bit of a break from it - if anything exists. I asked my local pharmacy and they said they had no products to help.. just suggested the same old... eat regularly, try ginger, acu...
IVF/ISCI Nov08 BFP Cody born 8/09
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

Michelle

Thursday, January 1st 2009, 6:31pm

Sorry to hear that you are struggling, sounds like you have it bad!

If it makes you feel any better i did find that weeks 7 and 8 were the worst then it started to improve after that.

Not alot you can do but for me travel sickness sweets (you know the boiled ones in a tin) or preggie pops helped as well as sea bands (travel sickness wrist bands that you get from the chemist).
It's so difficult to avoid the triggers isn't it? I was terrible with cooking smells too and lived on cereal and boiled sweets for about a month.

It does get better, hope that for you it's very soon :smile:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

compley

Megastar

Thursday, January 1st 2009, 7:56pm

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time, it really isn't nice is it? I had pretty much constant nausea, until 15 weeks with H, and am 5 weeks pg now, and am getting the nausea again.

It sounds like you are doing alot of what can be don, to try to help things. Some people find eating a dry cracker or biscuit before getting up helps.
Tiredness can make it worse, so try and rest up when you can.
I found that hunger, oddly enough, made it worse, and carried dry crackers with me, when out, and these helped stave it off a bit.

I hope it starts to ease for you soon xxx

<

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 1:25pm

Try to eat something every hour, two hours is the absolute MAXIMUM you should go without eating at this stage. Wholemeal toast , tiny sandwiches and baked potatoes are you friends and WILL help you to feel better as long as you can keep eating. Never let yourself get hungry!

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 7:29am

Thanks everyone, tried gingernuts and ginger tea today, thought they made me feel better, but still had a vomit about 20min afterwards! Think I will buy some of those sea sickness bracelets next. Cheers Bells, will try and eat hourly, (and v small amounts!) trying to eat frequently is so hard but def helps, I do find that once I start eating I want to keep going as its the only time I start to feel well... so I'm also thinking I am eating too much each time, then by the end of the day I feel stuffed and contsipated as well lol. Just got to find the right balance I think. As well as smaller lots more frquently, maybe I should also add prunes into the mix ;-)

I am currently addicted to vegemite toast, of everything it seems to help the most, everytime we go out somewhere I'm like, hang on I'll just take a piece of toast with me to have in the car/while we walk :-) Also carrying crackers and gingernuts with me now. Boiled potatoes, corn on the cob and broccoilli for dinner tonight - I seem to only want bland things, couldn't face the schnitzel or white sauce DH had also done, just boiled veggies!

Thanks for all the great advice everyone.

How is everyone else going?
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

cazd

Ace

Reg: Aug 4th 2008

Children: Blessed with 1 beautiful little boy june 2009

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 5:53pm

Hi deidre

Sorry you've been feeling rotten i totally sympathis as my morning sickness has only just eased (this is day 5 no sick - wahoo!!!!). I ended up at the Dr's at wk 8 and was told the usual ( little and often, ginger, keep up fluids etc ) but also not to worry about what you eat as i couldn't face fruit or veg just crunchy nut cornflakes and marmite toast. I didn't feel like i managed my sickness too well but it does pass and hopefully you'll feel better soon.

:xxx3:
CAZ

Sept/Oct 08 - 2nd IVF Cycle BFP

Monday, January 5th 2009, 8:01am

CAZ - well done! Must be a relief. Marmite/vegemite toast must be the magic thing most people can handle then :-) Mashed potato for dinner tonight, but actually got some beans on toast in at luchtime! I did IVF so am still on progesterone pessaries, I think thats half of whats causing it. I have to take 4 every 8 hours - because I had 2 weeks of bleeding (that finished a week ago now). But they are also supposed to cause nausea - I take 2 as pesseries and 2 orally, its those that are really difficult, I took one this morning, threw up and had to have another go! But good news is I had my 8 week scan today and everything is brilliant, (lovely little heartbeat there!) so they said 2 more weeks and I can come off them, soooooooo hopng that will make a big difference.
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

cazd

Ace

Reg: Aug 4th 2008

Children: Blessed with 1 beautiful little boy june 2009

Monday, January 5th 2009, 8:48am

Hi deidre - you must be happy after your scan, seeing your LO's heartbeat is great isn't it. i'm sure the cyclogest pessaries made me feel worse and definately found that i felt a bit better when i stopped taking them at 12 wks. Hope you feel better soon.

CAZ

Sept/Oct 08 - 2nd IVF Cycle BFP

Ang!e

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: Dundee

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 3:24pm

Oh thank goodness this is normal lol. I'm only 5 weeks and 6 days and the nausea will not leave. I feel terrible. All this time trying to get pregnant and now its happened I feel terrible and guilty for not enjoying being pregnant.

Will deffo try the ginger biscuits. It is used for a cure for travel sickness in puppies and works so why not in pregnancy.

I've found the only thing I can stomach is really chilled cola or lime and lemonade but its got to have a huge slice of lemon in it. I never liked cola before and now I'm craving it but need to be carful of the caffine.

Thx and hope everyone is feeling better further on in their pregnancy.

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 7:36am

Those sea sickness bands seem to help me a bit - but because I have bad nausea 24/7 I decided to leave them on over night, FYI DON'T!!!! When I got up this morning I couldn't put my watch on my wrist was so swollen up!! I know, I feel like a dick :-)

Donna, never heard of Peatizer - will keep a look out for it. Glad to hear your feeling better.
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

Minky

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: Barts

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 8:43am

Morning Sickness

Hi, I'm 7 weeks pregnant and am having really bad sickness - i feel faint, headaches and sicky but am not actually sick.

I have tried nearly everything - I was so bad this morning I called in sick - now am feeling guilty.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks
:D

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 8:57am

All I can suggest is to keep eating, nausea seems worse when your hungry.
I had same felt sick but wasnt actually sick, I was lucky and it onl lasted a few weeks. Hopefully you will b the same

No need to feel guitly for phoning in sick, nothing worse than sitting all day feeling like poo

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 1:09pm

I would agree with Pammy, try to keep a little something in your tummy at all times, this helps me, I am currently 6 weeks 4 days pregnant and feeling very sicky already!

Good luck :D xx

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

HANNAHO

Reg: May 13th 2009

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 2:02pm

I found that I was best trying not to stop being sick. I tried everything initially - drinking ginger tea in bed, crackers, biscuits etc, but it all ended up coming up anyway. I now have a really bad aversion to anything ginger!! I found it was best to get up slowly and a good hour earlier than usual, allow myself to be sick and then immediately sit down and eat a couple of slices of toast really slowly. I als found it was best not to have a drink for another hour. This didn't stop me from feeling queezy, but it normally prevent me from being sick again, as long as I didn't race around! I felt like it would neer stop, but it finally came to an end at around 4 and a half months. It's come back again a little bit now (37 weeks), but is far easier to control. Hope this helps X :smile:

Reg: Feb 12th 2009

Children: None

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 7:08pm

I'm feeling constantly sick too and then guilty that I'm not feeding my babies good stuff because I can't face it! I sympathise.
I keep those very dry, bland, water biscuits that you have with cheese next to my bed and have one whenever I feel sick and as soon as I wake up. Try not to drink with your dinner so that your stomach acids can digest your food and are not diluted. I discovered all by myself whilst cleaning that the lemon smell stops it! I then read that this is a cure so I'm going to try burning some lemongrass or ginger oil in my burner and maybe rubbing some oil on my wrist so that I can sniff it when I'm out and about.
Good luck!
x

xxxxxx :innocent: :snowangel:

Jan

Reg: Jan 25th 2009

Children: one on the way

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 8:33pm

hi am 7 weks gone too and found eating regular and smalle portions have helped. Also didn't think they'd work but rich tea biccies have workd wonders for me. I have been carrying a few in my bag each day as well as having a full packet hidden in my drawer at work!
Jan

2009 will be our year

babydust :hugs:

Test date 21/4/09 :BFP:

Minky

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: Barts

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 9:07am

Thanks you for all your advice - I am back at work today but still feel rubbish

I feel like i have tried everything - but the end result is worth all this :D
:D

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 9:04pm

Poor you! I am so glad to be over the phase (I was vomiting several times a day for the first 16 weeks!) As others have said, eat little bits often. Force yourself. I know eating feels like the last thing you want to do when feeling sick but it really does help it. Also get lots of sleep, it not that sleep prevents it but I found if I didn't get enough sleep it got 10 times worse. Nothing really totally worked for me either.

But what made life easier was ... putting my husband on cooking duty and staying away from food smells (which meant banning the cooking of things like garlic, or deep frying - which was the worst), no brewing string coffee etc. anything that smelled strong set me off. I also just ate really bland food and lived on boiled potatoes and pasta and rice and bread with minor seasoning. Adding in what bland fruit and veggies I could manage, I found apples good, and that if I was feeling sick sometimes something as small as just having an apple made a massive difference.

I know its not that great a diet but you just need to do what you can. For lots of people peppermint toothpast also aggravates things so if your having trouble brushing your teeth try finding a different flavor .

The only other thing I'd suggest is maybe trying sea sickness anti nausea bands, not sure if they heped me but couldn't hurt. Also acupuncture - of everything that was the most effective thing for me, the relief only seemed to last while I was having the treatment and for a few hours after but did calm it down a litle for a day or so and give me a break.

Good luck - hope it over soon! It does go away again
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Alexander (March 2010) - the result of ICSI at Hammersmith

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 8:53pm

Popcorn for Morning Sickness?!

Hey guys, I've had bad sickness this weekend - waves and waves of it. Which obviously I'm very pleased about because it means that they (or it!) must be very, very busy in there. I invested in ginger biscuits to help - and indeed they do seem very good. However - I found something just as good! I think! Popcorn! Couple of handfuls of Morrisons Cinema-Style sweet popcorn and I felt so much better!

I just thought I'd mention it - in case people are fed up with ginger biscuits!!

Anyone else found anything good? I need all the help I can get, if I'm this bad next week at work...! It's gonna get ugly! Will be spendin most of the week in the loo I reckon! Haven't actually been sick yet, but I don't think it's far away! Yuck!

Hope everyone is doing well, love, Sarah xxx
May09:ICSI-sperm issues
Jul09: BFP! DS born Mar10
Jan12: ICSI-LOR-BFP-lost at 3 days
May12: looking 4 donor eggs

Reg: Feb 23rd 2008

Children: Little boy called jack xx

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 9:14pm

I just about manage fluids but I normally have a slice of hard cold toast and that helps for me.

Good luck with your scan tomoz.

Love zoe xx

me - 29
DH - 35

1st icsi- April 2008 - BFN
1st FET - August 2008 - BFP - M/C October 2008

Natural :BFP: 5/7/2009

7 Week Scan 23/07/2009 - [zx076] seen
10 week scan [zx076] seen
20 week scan - 20/10/09 bab22

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 9:28pm

Hi Sarah - I found whatever I fancied at the time was best! It varied widely from week to week and not all of it was super healthy!

I found cold drinks with ice cubes more refreshing, slightly flat fizzy drinks for the sugars (was getting dehydrated!), and a variety of different snack foods (often salty) and breakfast cereals.

Good luck - it will get easier and it will definately all be worth it when you have both your 1st and second scans :D

Moonshine

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 10:50pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Moonshine
I found whatever I fancied at the time was best! It varied widely from week to week and not all of it was super healthy!

Indeed! If you fancy something then eat it, whatever it is! What will make one person run for the loo will make another feel wonderful.

My morning sickness 'remedies', over a few pregnancies, were oranges, iced water with lemon slices, wholemeal toast with lime marmalade, turkey and tomato sandwiches and McDonalds bacon McMuffins :O

I started off quite well :snigger:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, July 20th 2009, 6:07pm

Hello,

My friend sent me some Preggie Pop Drops!

They're basically sourish sweets that you just suck and stop you feeling sick! They actually work, was pleasantly suprised.

When you put one in your mouth you pull a bit of a face but then you get used to them and Mmmmmmm.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Monday, July 20th 2009, 8:06pm

Sounds good!

Ooooh - sounds good! I might have to check those out! Perfect for work - easier than trying to explain why I'm scoffing popcorn - and I'm not sharing it with others. xxx

Reg: Feb 23rd 2008

Children: Little boy called jack xx

Monday, July 20th 2009, 8:17pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Flic
Hello,

My friend sent me some Preggie Pop Drops!

Where did your friends buy these from?

Love zoe

me - 29
DH - 35

1st icsi- April 2008 - BFN
1st FET - August 2008 - BFP - M/C October 2008

Natural :BFP: 5/7/2009

7 Week Scan 23/07/2009 - [zx076] seen
10 week scan [zx076] seen
20 week scan - 20/10/09 bab22

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 9:45am

Amazon

Amazon seem to have them... If you wanna order online...

xxx

Reg: Sep 17th 2007

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 10:06am

Fig rolls worked for me!

Hope it passes soon.

Kat x
:cat:

31/1/08 - :BFP: Conceived naturally after 2 unsuccessful clomid cycles
08/10/08 - bab11 Arrival of Baby Alexander

:dust: May your wishes come true :dust:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 12:14pm

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/r…duct.asp?id=159

Some reviews on Preggie Pops

*Link not endorsed by FZ*

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 6:55pm

She got them online at anawiz.com (the only reason I know this is because they came with a brochure full of other stuff!) She's more up on all this stuff than I am and she's not even pg or anything!

My morning sickness has really kicked in today and the Preggie Pops have really helped. Managed to not actually be sick but the only thing that doesn't make me want to be sick is oranges and corn on the cob with butter!

I've got raspberry, tangerine, lemon and apple flavour Preggie Pops. Really tasty. And they work really quick!

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One miracle growing big in my belly :-)

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 7:05pm

cheeze-its crackers seem to help me when i start to feel a little sick.
What I have also noticed is if I dont let myself get too hungry, i wont feel ill!!
Me24 DH26
TTC 2 year

one little angel in heaven xoxoxo

May 09' Natural- :BFP:
Its a BOY baby7

Reg: Jun 19th 2009

Children: Hammersmith

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 8:34pm

Hello everyone,

i've had to stay at home off work today cos yesterday I was just throwing up at work all day long - it was miserable.

Feeling much the same today but at least i'm in my own house and wearing PJs!

Have been sick every single day since 5 weeks and since 6 weeks that has increased to 3-4 times a day - I look forward to what 7 weeks will bring :smile:

Last week i found that ginger ale really helped but I've really gone off it this week. I've moved onto ginger nuts and soda water now. Just trying to eat something small every hour or so.

Have just been out to the shops and bought a whole load of random things I thought I would like at some point:
Crumpets, breadsticks, crackers, baked beans, cereal and Tic Tacs! and the Tic Tacs seem to be working!

Flic I have just ordered some Preggie Pops on your recommendation! I will try anything!

I have two on board (please God let them stay) so this is probably making it worse.

Also DH is doing all the cooking which is lovely as I just can't stomach food smells most of the time!

Sorry to moan, I know I am so lucky to be in this position! Hope some of my tips work for others! :snigger:

Wishing everyone all the best xxx
MammaMia
Age 31
TTC 2yrs
Severe Male Factor diagnosed July 08
1st ICSI cycle June 09 BFP - Twins!
Praying for a smooth ride from here

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 9:21pm

Hey Mamma Mia!

I've not actually been sick yet (thank god) but I keep feeling it coming up which is proper nasty. Just keep popping them in Mamma Mia, I have 1 and then when that starts wearing off I have another one! But there comes a point when you think 'hmmm, maybe I should stop eating these sweets.' Apparently they are good for getting calories into you.

Reg: Jun 19th 2009

Children: Hammersmith

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 10:09pm

Hey Flic,

Lol so much for my Tic Tac tip, i had one just after writing that post then threw it up 5 minutes later

:laugh:
MammaMia
Age 31
TTC 2yrs
Severe Male Factor diagnosed July 08
1st ICSI cycle June 09 BFP - Twins!
Praying for a smooth ride from here

Tuesday, July 21st 2009, 10:19pm

Having it bad

Goodness me - you do have it bad..! You need to be careful and make sure you're getting enough food and fluid into you. Can you work at home most of the time? To make it easier on you?

Mine was fine all day. I was starting to worry again - no sickness, what's happening? But no, it's fine, I have felt awful most of the evening... Fab! Like you Flic, I haven't actually been sick yet, but I'm often not far off it... Gross!

Sarah xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE