You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

elmo

Ace

• "elmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, December 18th 2007, 9:46am

MORNING SICKNESS CHAT

hi all,

just wondered if anyone had any tips for morning sickness? been sick 5 times this morning and am feeling sick throughout the day. finding it hard to eat anything but dry cereal. any ideas?

x x x
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

Reg: Jun 8th 2006

Tuesday, December 18th 2007, 10:16am

HI Elmo

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so good.

The only suggestions that i have heard from others is that Ginger is supposed to really help - try drinking Herbal tea with Ginger in it, or even ginger bisuits.

Otherwise I've got no helpful suggestions hun - I hope you feel better, make sure you are getting enough water. If it really is bad - you should go to your doctor - or ask the pharmacist for something.

Hope you feel better soon.
Petra

5 years ttc
Endemetriosis
2005 - 3 IUI
1st IVF - 2006 - BFN
Nov 2006 - FET - BFP - 3/01/07 m/c at 8 weeks - blighted ovum

Nov 2007 - FET - :BFP: - bab21

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Tuesday, December 18th 2007, 10:35am

I used to get dp to bring me toast in bed an hour before i got up, and then usually nod off again for 20 mins Hee hee (i was very tierd honest not lazy)
then get up and ready slowley, and eat small portions and often all day.

Hope it passes soon x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Tuesday, December 18th 2007, 10:41am

I felt very nauseous almost 24/7, though was only sick once. I went off so many foods and soft drinks. However, I found I felt worse if I didn't eat, so made myself eat/drink whatever I fancied, throughout the day, and made sure I kept hydrated, even though it was a struggle. I found the things I wanted were alot of stodgy foods...bread, potato etc. I really went off fruit to start with, but my midwife said, at the beginning of pg, just eat what you can stomach, so if at the moment you are managing to eat dry cereal, that is better then nothing....remember being told the baby will take what they need, which made me feel better!

Really hope you don't suffer for too long, it really isn't nice at all :hugs:

xxx

<

Reg: Jun 21st 2007

Tuesday, December 18th 2007, 10:47am

The few times that i felt sick (was very lucky and barley got any), i found nibbling on a ginger nut biscuit very helpful. I also agree with x1baby, Having breakfast slowly before you get up can also help, I did that too. Even though i was not sick i found in the first few weeks breakfast was not my favourate time of day coz i just did not fancy anything, but getting it down you early and slowly does help

x x x

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Tuesday, December 18th 2007, 12:36pm

Elmo - sorry your suffering with m/s - have to say I was terribly sick when pg with Gregor - from about 9 weeks to 19weeks and unfortunately nothing worked for me :bawl: - although I think ginger beer did the trick for Chilli at the time .. I'd say anything is worth a try ... and I did try most things - just didn't work for me . Hope you find something to help ease it

I also got so sick of people saying if you have bad m/s that's the sign of a really healthy pregnancy - which to begin with was fine but after 10 bloody weeks I just wanted to get back to work (for a few weeks before my mat leave started :snigger: ) and enjoy being pregnant --- but it's true and m/s is a really good sign :D
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Reg: Mar 20th 2007

Thursday, January 3rd 2008, 10:32am

last time that I was pregnant ginger helped me with the sickness.

Moderator note ... Have edited this post to remove the external link

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KIRSTY G" (Jan 3rd 2008, 10:36am)

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 9:37pm

Oh Hunny

I can really sympathise with this one, I was sick from 8 weeks till the day before I gave birth, all day

I found Travel sickness bands that you wear around your wrist helped the most,

besides that nothing really worked for me

I hope your ms doesnt last long,
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 10:22pm

I second the travel sickness bands - work a treat for all types of sickness. i used them for the first tri and then gave them to my sister when she cooked dinner for herself! :)
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, January 18th 2008, 2:04am

I was sick in both pregnancies until I was 22-24 weeks so you have my utter sympathy.

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, January 18th 2008, 5:35am

have you tried eating before you go to bed? or having a hot milky drink? this helped me get through the mornings. I always had a bottle of water or ginger ale with me aswell.

I hope it passes soon I had it with M till I was 20 odd weeks :sadface:

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, January 18th 2008, 7:21am

yeah - ginger ale was good for me, but ginger biscuits made me feel worse

elmo

Ace

• "elmo" started this thread

Friday, January 18th 2008, 10:41am

think i'm managing it now as best as possible!
still being sick a few times each morning but it kinda reasures me that i am still pg!!
just nibble my way through the day, plain walkers french fries have been a god send!!
Proud mom of the most beautiful twin girlies!!
2 angels in heaven, never forgotten

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Friday, February 29th 2008, 12:28pm

Morning Sickness

Im sure this is asked all the time but i wasnt sure where else to ask...I am a bit worried that i am not having any morning sickness or feeling very qeasy at all... The only time i tend to feel qeasy is if i have indegestion or at least thats what it feels like...I have been suffering really bad indegestion but it only seems to be when i have it in the morning it makes me feel more qeasy... Am i over reacting and worrying over nothing... At what stages did you all get morning sickness... Should i be worried...

Any advice would be great !!!

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Lcli

Star

Reg: Apr 13th 2012

Friday, February 29th 2008, 1:00pm

Oooh you lucky thing not having sickness! :smile: But... it is early days too and you might just experience some queeziness as your hormone surges hit.

Make the most of it too chuck cos... it's pretty awful feeling sick. I was sick in the 5th and 6th week then it eased off. Then I had it off and on right through until.... today lmao.

Everyone is different though sweetie, some never get sick at all.

No need to worry, you're doing just fine! :D. Woo hooo 6 weeks tomorrow!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Friday, February 29th 2008, 1:04pm

Around 80% of women suffer some degree of sickness in ealry pg- therefore meaning 20% do not.
A lack of sickness definatly is not an indicator of a problem- so please don;t worry!
Just enjoy it!

Missy

Superstar

Friday, February 29th 2008, 1:45pm

Most womens morning sickness doesn't actually kick in until 6-7 weeks when the hormones surge and should tail off around 12 weeks.. according to the text books. Some of us don't get it, some get it the whole way through!

The only symptoms I'm getting are sore boobs and that horrible burny acid in the back of my throat :smile:

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Missy

Superstar

Friday, February 29th 2008, 1:46pm

Ps, in my last pregnancy I didn't get morning sickness til about 8ish weeks and it lasted the whole way through..oh the joy!! :rolleyes:

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Friday, February 29th 2008, 1:50pm

Treezuk - when I was pregnant first time around I literally didn;t have have symptons at all ... was not sick once - tiredness hit around 13 weeks and I literally couldn't keep my eyes open but for the first tri I didn't have any signs that I was pregnant. Second time around with Gregor I was fine for the first few weeks .. sickness kicked in big style around 9 weeks and lasted until about week 19 -- I was sick about 10-12 times a day and it was awful ... which convinced me I must be having a girl .. wrong :snigger: -- I know it's hard but please try not to worry about your lack of symptons ... enjoy before they start cause believe 40 weeks is a long time and towards the end you'll be glad that at least to begin with you were symptom free.

xx
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

treezuk

Superstar

Friday, February 29th 2008, 1:53pm

Thanks girls you have been a great help at calming me down i was just worried that if i didnt have m/s then something was wrong so hearing all your experiances has really helped....

Missy that thing you described is exactly what im having with the indegestion that burny acid feeling... i suffer from indegestion without being pregnant and normally take meds for it but im having to rely on gavisgon (yuck)... Does the indegestion make you feel qeasy cos thats the only thing at the moment thats making me feel blah ???
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

treezuk

Superstar

Friday, February 29th 2008, 1:54pm

Thanks Bluey you are so right... I am having a few symtoms so maybe i should quit worrying so much at least i have something right ???
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Missy

Superstar

Friday, February 29th 2008, 2:05pm

Yes hun it does, I find it worse on an empty tum, so could DH bring you a slice of toast and a glass of milk before you get up? :smile: I also find peppermint chewing gum really handy to keep it at bay when I'm on the go :))

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

treezuk

Superstar

Friday, February 29th 2008, 2:57pm

Ohhh missy you are so clever i know peppermint is good for indegestion and it never occured to me to buy some chewy so i will defintly do that... I have been drinking milk aswell and that has helped quite a bit... I just find it leaves a bit of a rank taste in my mouth

Thanks for the tip lovley...

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

treezuk

Superstar

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 11:13am

Well im thnking this morning i might have been a bit premeture with this post yeterday all i have done this morning is Gag... not been sick but i went to make myself something to eat first it was the smell of the bread that made me gag and then it was the thought of eating... i got to the toilet thinking i was gonna be sick but nothing... i managed to eat even tho i still felt blah and now i feel alright...

Guess i shouldnt have been so hasty...

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Lcli

Star

Reg: Apr 13th 2012

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 11:15am

:snigger: sickness can hit at any moment!!!

Awww hope it's not too bad for you sweetie.

6 weeks today eh? :D

treezuk

Superstar

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 11:34am

Thanks Lisa... What i had this morning i can hack its just when it turned to sick ill be a bit like arghhhhhh

Yep 6 weeks today i cant believe how quick it has gone... !!!

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 1:29pm

Teresa - i didn't suffer too badly myself but I heard that it can be helpful to eat something before you get up to settle things. So try asking your DH to bring you a couple of rich tea biscuits (or ginger biscuits) in bed in the morning before you stand up. I quite enjoyed the tea and biscuits in bed in the morning, and the routine has stuck so I'm still getting them!! Hope this helps.
ME 38 DH 36
DH - v low sperm count and motility
Little Teddy born 26/4/2008
BFP 30/7/10 m/c @ 5 weeks
BFP 1/9/10 - mmc

treezuk

Superstar

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 1:36pm

HaHa ill give that a try french im just not good at eating first thing i have to normally be up a while before i have anything to eat but maybe i will try it cos i might even get into the routine of doing it... anything is worth a go... Thanks
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: Mummy to 10 week old Joshua

Monday, April 21st 2008, 11:41am

Morning Sickness....

or should i say evening sickness!

Hi All

Im 11 weeks pg and have felt nauseated right from day one, i have only been phsically sick for the last 2 weeks but the worst was yesterday, i made my b/f take me out for some dinner but as soon as it arrived i couldnt eat it, i had hot flushes and really needed to get home, eventually i dragged poor b/f away from his food and went home, great timing as i was sick as a dog, i dont think ive been that violently ill when drunk! Anyway i was sick again an hour later and then another hour later but there was nothin there, is this normal to be sick so frequently in one day? Anyone else had the same experience?

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:21pm

Hi, I have had M/S or all day sicknesss as it should correctly be called since about 5 weeks, i am sick every morning and if i dont eat every hour i throw up, i am constantly nibbling to keep the sickness away, its hard work as the last thing you want to do is eat and you just dont fancy anything do you? i havent been as violently sick as you, i would not worry unless it carrys on, just make sure you drink lots of fluids. take care x
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:28pm

Me too, sickness in the morning, midday and afternoon. Only been sick once, but had it since just coming up to 5 weeks. I think I will have it until its born too.

Katex
Katex jilly bab13

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:29pm

Hi Paris

Thanks for your reply. I guess its all normal but being my first pregnancy i dont know whats right and wrong, thats where this site comes in handy ;o)

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:30pm

Lol i think im gonna be one of the unlucky ones with sore breasts and sickness right til the end!! Its all good really tho eh ;o)

Paris

Star

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:33pm

deffo comes in handy, its nice to get the reassurance you need. Sore boobs as well hey, think we must be twins :snigger:
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:35pm

I see your 12 weeks gone, have u had your scan yet? My first is a week today, cant wait but nervous too.

Paris

Star

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:40pm

I have had 3 scans s far, one when i first found out i was pg, one at 6 weeks then one at 10 weeks, i have my 12 week scan a week on Wednesday, am so nervous already. Our scans are pretty close together then, its nerve wracking isnt it?
how do you feel in general? did you see my post on tummy ache? do you have any?

Monday, April 21st 2008, 1:49pm

Aaaw ive had nothing yet so like i say im excited and hope all is well so we can tell everyone!! It is nervewracking!!

I dont feel great to be honest but i try to tell myself its for a good reason, ive had period pains symptoms from day one, my breasts are just enormous lol and they were big to start with anyway!! My lower back is aching and im gettin a pain in my head just above my right eye.....other than that im fab!!!! I havent seen your post yet, i have a pain in my tummy, i have this heavy kind of feeling which feels better when im sick so i guess its just brewing in there until i release!! My skin was terrible at first, its not perfect now but better, my chin seems to be prone to pimples now.

I hope to god it gets better after 14 weeks as i keep being told but who knows...

Paris

Star

Monday, April 21st 2008, 2:13pm

wow, you didnt even have a six week scan? is your pregnancy natural or IVF? you must be so excited then, it will be amazing, have you seen my picture at ten weeks? look on the board and you will see it, 12 week will be even better. could see him/her moving around, was really great.

its awful isnt it LOL, my boobs are like melons, and the worse thing is trting to hide it at work, none of my colleagues know, and i am getting bigger by the day.
Wonderful though isnt it? xx

A/f pains are very common, i had them up until about 2 weeks ago, and i use to get this really heavy burning feeling in my tummy, which is all the stretching that is going on, amazing what the body does isnt it?

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Monday, April 21st 2008, 2:16pm

Hi
Try sea sickness bands - they really helped me and a few other friends.
Good luck and congratulations
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Monday, April 21st 2008, 3:20pm

I got pregnant with clomid, i would have thought that i would be given an early scan due to that but they didnt. Ive got blood tests on thursday too, i guess you would have had yours sooner. I havent seen your scans but i will have a look in a min, i just had an hours kip lol i thought i was gettin over the tiredness but no such luck ;o))

Paris

Star

Monday, April 21st 2008, 4:08pm

Thats great clomid worked for you, much easier then going through IVF thats for sure. All clinics policys are different chick, maybe yours doesnt see the point in a 6 week scan, i had my blood test done when i found out i was pregnant, and at my 10 week scan i had some other blood tests, i think for HIV, toxoplasmosis and some other bacterial disese, i guess you will have all yours done at 12 weeks, you will also have the nuchal scan done and the blood test for down syndrome, both just routine test. all exciting hey !

Monday, April 21st 2008, 4:20pm

Thanx for that peppermint ;o) i shall give that a try deffo.

Rufus

Star

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Monday, April 21st 2008, 9:37pm

Hiya, i hate to say it, but I am an expert on sickness! I was sick from 6 weeks through to the very end. For me I couldn't keep anything down, but pink and white marshmallows and mashed potatoes didn't turn me and I tried taking lollies when i couldn't keep down water. It doesn't mean you're having twins - although they asked me this all the time in the early days. if it gets any worse see at least your practice nurse adn make sure you keep hydrated and drink cranberry juice to minimise risk of uti.

(Sorry I sound melodramatic but I was in hosp for 3 months with it)

Love Lesa xx
Keep smiling :happy:

Reg: Jul 4th 2006

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 3:21pm

It's all day and night sickness with me. Only actually been sick 8 times but the nausea feeling is awful. I also have a permanent headache like I've been out on the lash till 3am! :innocent:

As for sore boobs - I look like Pammy Anderson already :innocent: :snigger:

Still, it shows Bubba is growing nicely so I'm fab with that! :D

Susie x

Me 39+3 ok
DH 39 Azoospermia
3xDIUI all BFN
Plan B AI known donor, 4 x BFN :tears:
:BFP: 22 March 2008! happydance :sticky:please

Peppa

Monday, May 26th 2008, 5:40pm

Too early for morning sickness?

Hi ladies
I'm only four weeks pregnant but have been sick this afternoon, just a little bit. It crept up on me when i was cleaning the kitchen!
Is it too early to be morning sickness? I've had no other pregnancy symptoms yet so i'm a bit worried that this might be a tummy bug?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, May 26th 2008, 5:47pm

not too early at all hun...i was sick as a dog so tested 3 days early and got a + :D its all good! try some ginger biscuits and try to eat little and often...it seems worse when you are really hungry.

:hugs: mega chuffed for you hun, it isnt something you often say to peopel but i hope you stay sick for a while yet :snigger:

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Peppa

Monday, May 26th 2008, 5:53pm

Thanks Willow (didn't recognise you with your new look)
I desperately wanted it to be morning sickness and not a bug. It did come on when i was cleaning up before cooking the dinner so i am hungry.
Ginger biscuits? Love them! Will get DH to bring some in :happy:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

treezuk

Superstar

Monday, May 26th 2008, 6:10pm

I was gonna say sorry to hear your being sick but i wont cos its a good thing lol as willow says its something you never think your hear yourself say... It sounds to me like it may be the start your be surprise when it sneaks up on you , going supermarket shopping is the worst for me even now unless ive eaten i will gag at the meats mainly but if ive eaten im fine lol... your notice smells you used to like will all of a sudden turn you off too... I am sure if it was a bug it would be continious , my sister got a bug when she was pregnant with my nephew but she didnt know she was pregnant till after that she was being sick continously about 15 times one after the other and my neice had had sickness that morning too, but my sister was never sick again that whole pregnancy...

Dont worry hunni your soon know if it was a one off or not... I am so happy for you everytime i read your name i am still smiling for you...

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Monday, May 26th 2008, 6:22pm

yep sounds like it could be the start of your symptoms hunny x x

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, May 26th 2008, 6:22pm

Don't think it is too early for it to be morning sickness, I felt nauseous from just before my bfp....good advice from there from Willow, even though I felt so sick all the time, it was worse if I didn't eat, so try to eat what you can, my mw said it didn't really matter what it was during the 1st tri, just get down what I could!!!!

xxx

<

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE