You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SingingNun" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Monday, February 25th 2008, 11:56am

Question: "Period"/Back Pain Coming and Going: UPDATE AFTER M/W CAME

The last few days I keep getting back & "period" type pain that comes for a bit then has gone before I take paracetmol. Had it all day Saturday but it went. Did have a bit in early hours of Sunday morning but it went. About 30mins ago I got it again so have taken 2 paracetmol and going to see how it goes. My midwife is due to ring before end of surgery to tell me what day she is coming to see me at home (today or Thurs) as she had full morning of appointments so I'll wait til she rings to see if pain continues or if she doesn't ring/gets caught up I'll ring hospital.

Does this sound "normal"? Did anyone else experience this before going into "proper" labour?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "SingingNun" (Feb 25th 2008, 4:26pm)

Jaid

Ace

Reg: Jul 19th 2006

Monday, February 25th 2008, 12:39pm

Not had that but someone said to me that back pain is a sign of contractions coming along. But i don't know.
Jaid
Me 35, DH 41 -TTC/since Apr04
Natural BFP-Jun05/M/C @ 6 weeks-Jul05
Blocked Tubes - Mar06
1st IVF - '06' bfn / 2nd IVF '06'- bfn
8th Mar 07 - Laparoscopy / Endo found & cleared.
Tried Naturally - July 07 - BFP
Have a beautiful baby girl.

• United Kingdom

Monday, February 25th 2008, 1:01pm

Midwife rang back - is not 100% sure either so is coming at 3.30-4pm to see me and see how things are then. At least I know then whether it is the real thing or just the build-up? Have got the pain all time then another pain comes in waves so shall see how it goes!

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, February 25th 2008, 1:15pm

It could be a urine infection or the beginning of things starting to happen. You midwife might want to test a sample of your wee but in the meantime keep drinking plenty of clear fluids and try to keep comfy through the niggles.

As far as it sounding 'normal' ... there's a vast spectrum of normal when it comes to the end of pregnancy. It could be that you're cervix is beginning to change in preparation for labour, your baby might be pressing on a nerve, it could be your ligaments, joints and muscles feeling the strain or it could be a water infection.....

It's good that the midwife will see you this afternoon.

• United Kingdom

Monday, February 25th 2008, 1:23pm

Thanks Bells - I have done a sample and popped a pad on just in case. Txted hubby also but advised him to not come home yet as midwife is coming. He hasn't replied so hope he hasn't hit floor in shock with various "false" alarms we've had. Pain not gone so have to wait and see. Going to have my lunch now.

xxx Lorraine xxx

• United Kingdom

Monday, February 25th 2008, 4:27pm

Update: Midwife Home Visit - Monday 25th February 2008

"Period" pains and back pains dulled a bit by time midwife came 3.30pm. No wee infection and swab taken re thrush on 14/2/08 showed just thrush. BP 120/80. Loads of fetal movement today. Fetal heartbeat 120-130bpm. Baby 3/5th engaged. She said that its because baby is bearing down that I am getting the "period pain/back pain" and that I could get it regularly before I go into labour properly. She hopes that it won't be long for me and said that as long as I don't get signs of infection/less fetal movement that the period pain will go and just start proper as labour when that time goes. She said to lie on my side and get comfy when I get the pains. I kinda knew it wasn't labour anyway but really hoped it was the final sign all starting imminently but that can't be predicted unfortunately. So hope that period pains do go and not come back except when labour starts proper. M/w said if worried ring hospital about anything.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Monday, February 25th 2008, 6:35pm

Sounds like things are ticking along nicely!

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 4:45pm

Still getting them - started at 1pm and took 2 painkillers then. Too early to think anything "may be starting" properly yet. I won't believe it when I am finally in proper labour with all these pains caused by what midwife calls "irritable uterus" (something I am quite aware of after 3 UTI's). At least DH be home soon. Did have a cry this afternoon as feeling so tired so glad I am seeing Obs Cons week tomorrow (5th March).

xxx Lorraine xxx

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 4:51pm

Ohh Lorraine, it may well be the real deal, only time will tell I guess.
Good for you for having a good old cry, it's the medicine of champions sometimes and makes a world of difference.

I hope you feel better soon.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE