You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 22 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

haylz79

• "haylz79" started this thread

Reg: Jan 20th 2008

Children: LIVERPOOL WO

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 4:15pm

Transvaginal scan

Hey all,

I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS.

Started Metformin last week. The hospital called me yesterday booking me in for an ultrasound scan, now in the past i have had two of these both of which have been inconclusive as i am a larger lady and carry most of my weight on my tummy area. ( weightloss mission well underway)
Anyway I explained this to the clerk that called and she said that they where going to try to do an ultrasound and if not possible they then would do the transvaginal scan.

I asked if there was a reason for this ie any complications from doing a transvaginal and she said no. I asked therefore if I caould have the transvaginal straight away to save time and she said no. She told me to drink lots of water and booked me in.

I felt a bit annoyed at this and contact the Bupa hospital where I once had a private consulation and hey guess what I am booked in this friday 9.15 for a transvaginal scan which will take approx 10/15 mins and i will be able to chat to the Dr afterwards and get my results there and then to take with me.

I am going to complain to the NHS as I dont understand why i could not have just had the scan there.

So I will be paying £255.50 for this scan on Friday but if it will be carried out in a dignified manner with a consultant who actually looks at you and introduces themselves i would have paid more.

Why is the NHS so poorly managed???

Rant over.

Thanks Hayl x

PS will this scan hurt?????

[

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 4:18pm

i would have thought that an internal scan would have been the norm

no the scan doesn't hurt at all, you will feel it but its fine

good luck
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Aug 16th 2006

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 4:23pm

Hi Haylz,

Thats terrible. I think the NHS say whatever they want coz they know they can get away with it. They have the monopoly because a lot of people cant afford to go private.

I have never had a trans scan thingy, just the regular gel on the belly thing and trying to hold your pee in so that they can get a clear pic of your insides.

I would imagine it wouldnt be sore. Probably just uncomfortable same as a smear. Anyway, there are probably other people that know better than me. I also was diagnosed with PCOS and have 48lbs to lose. How are getting on?

xxx blowkiss

me - 28 (pcos) :sadface:
dp - 40 (olympic swimmers) :happy:
TTC 5.5 years, frustrated & fed up :bawl:
Cons. will not treat unless lose weight!!
X(

:angel2: praying for a little miracle

haylz79

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 4:25pm

hi thanks for advice.

Not getting on too bad, eating smaller portions and doing more walking and swimming.

how are you getting on ?

Hayl x

[

haylz79

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 4:26pm

why cant you have metformin ??

[

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 22 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE