You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jaid

Ace

• "Jaid" started this thread

Reg: Jul 19th 2006

Saturday, January 12th 2008, 11:21pm

Birthing DVD

Could anyone recommend any DVD's to watch before Due date.

I am due March 12th and leave for maternity leave on Feb 22nd and my antenatel classs is Feb 16th. I'm thinking that is a bit late and may need to know some stuff before the 16th.
It's my fault, I got the numbers confused on the sheet I was given and when I contacted the NCT they were charging £250.00, I was like no way am I paying that when I could spend that money on baby stuff (oh how things change!) So I thought get a dvd but in the meantime I got the NHS date but as it's the 16th Feb I still like the idea of getting a DVD.

Any ideas ??????
Jaid
Me 35, DH 41 -TTC/since Apr04
Natural BFP-Jun05/M/C @ 6 weeks-Jul05
Blocked Tubes - Mar06
1st IVF - '06' bfn / 2nd IVF '06'- bfn
8th Mar 07 - Laparoscopy / Endo found & cleared.
Tried Naturally - July 07 - BFP
Have a beautiful baby girl.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, January 12th 2008, 11:26pm

Hi Jaid I think the NCT sell birthing DVD's might be worth having a look on the website.

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 9:41am

Jaid, what kind of birth would you like to have?
It might be good to know so that we can point you in the right direction!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Jaid

Ace

• "Jaid" started this thread

Reg: Jul 19th 2006

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 10:19am

Probably just go for a normal hospital birth.
Have ummed and arred about water birth in the hospital but you don't get drugs for the pain with that.
I have seen one on the NCT site - Help! I'm Having A Baby DVD ~ Anne Buckle

I have this weird feeling that baby may come early, don't kow why I think that but DH reckons I should get a dvd soon !
Jaid
Me 35, DH 41 -TTC/since Apr04
Natural BFP-Jun05/M/C @ 6 weeks-Jul05
Blocked Tubes - Mar06
1st IVF - '06' bfn / 2nd IVF '06'- bfn
8th Mar 07 - Laparoscopy / Endo found & cleared.
Tried Naturally - July 07 - BFP
Have a beautiful baby girl.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 12:04pm

Do some research Jaid a waterbirth can be relaxing and help the pain regardless of what choice you make it will be painful but the more relaxed you are the better the experience and afterwards you are awake not drowsy, obviously I can't say you will not need or want drugs!! :smile:

From personal experience I was happier in the bath having contractions than when I was given drugs I wish my hospital had a pool!

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 3:44pm

Your body will produce natural pain relief if you let it do it's thing.
If you don't know what is happening then it might be quite a frightening experience and drugs is an easy option.
The problem is that there are so many sides to birth. I was lucky and had a really amazing birthing class that taught me about preparation for labour, the labouring process, how to avoid tears etc.
Lying on your back will add pressure on your perineum and you are more likely to tear etc. With an epidural you are more than likely to be on your back.

If you feel brave and think you might be inspired The Active Birth Centre has got a birthing DVD.
I haven't seen the DVD but going from the classes, it taught me all I needed to know to trust my own instincts!

Giving birth was to me the most amazing and beautiful experience and I wish for every pregnant woman out there to have an equally lovely experience giving birth!

(I did go into the birthing pool for pain relief but did not want to have a water birth so had my son on the side of the pool).
You can always pop into the pool to try it out and if you don't like it you can go to the normal room afterwards for drugs. THey are normaly very near eachother so it is all up to you!

Hope you find a nice DVD!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Monday, January 14th 2008, 4:44pm

Hi jaid

sorry i cant advise on a dvd but i did use a cd to help with breathing, it was a relaxation cd for prgnant ladies, and i used it nearly every day after 35 weeks to help prepare and relax myself when i went into labour, i found it really lovely and most the time fell asleep while listening to the cd

I dont think i would have watched a dvd on a live birth, think it would have put me off
Water births are meant to be the most relaxing way to bring a baby into the world, less stressfull for the baby, and the warm water really helps the mothers contractions,unfortunatly when i wanted to use the pool someone was already in it, and i was totally gutted

the best position to be in while in labour is to kneel on the bed holding the backrest, or to be on all fours,
its also nice to get dh/dp to rub the lower part of your back, its lovely for you and makes them feel needed
birthing balls also help to get baby into the correct position

try not to lie flat as i found this slowed down my contractions

good luck sweetie

will be thinking about you x
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE