You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 9:35am

Vicki

You can get quite a lot of icky stuff when you get a show. Just don't go too far from the house for the next few days ;)
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

• "LadyLuck" started this thread

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 10:04am

Well I got some yesterday at about 10.30, one bit. Then at about 10.00 today got about 3 times as much.

I just rang midwife and she asked about any pain or tightnings and I told her I had been getting both since night before last.

She said it all sounds like very early signs of labour and said she will examine me at our appointment tomorrow and if I am dialated at all and/or all seems well she will do membrane sweep if I want.

She also said to take doggie for a long walk today!!!

So hopefully all going well bubs will be her by weekend, hooray!!!

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 10:47am

Woo Hoo.......like I said, keep active walking around....but don't stray too far from the house......
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I'm a single parent.

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 10:58am

make sure DH doesn't go too far either!!

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 10:59am

Yeah - put your bag by the front door as well. You know what men are like for finding things :rolleyes:
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I'm a single parent.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 11:06am

It sounds like you're really getting ready Vicki :)) It's great to hear that your body is doing exactly what it ought to be :) That's a good sign of things to come.

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 11:13am

DH funnily enough put the bag by the front door last night. He is starting to silently worry I think, aah!!

I am gonna take dog out with DH when he gets home from work tonight too like midwife said. It only takes him about 20 mins to get home from work. And for now I am gonna rotate my hips on the birthing ball. Had my hot bath last night.

At the mo I am doing some housework, getting the house clean, making sure kitchen is tidy and washing up done, tidy lounge and have a quick hoover for a bit of exercise. I am also gonna wash some sheets for the travel cot too as we are using that downstairs for her daytime sleeps.

O my god, I cant believe we are so close.

Also had some great news recently, we may be moving back to Essex in October which is the same time DH goes to Iraq so I will be close to my family. We find out Friday but its 85% certain we are going. So I am a very happy bunny right now!!!

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 12:50pm

Oh Vicki, that's brilliant news, especially at a time like this.

Don't over do it in the house now - make sure you get some rest, because if it's going to happen soon, you need to have lots and lots of energy! Let dh load and unload the washing machine after you've been for a walk.......will be thinking of you x
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I'm a single parent.

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 3:08pm

hope you have a nice walk hun, xxxx i think my prediction might be a little bit wrong, can i change it? :D :P

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 3:16pm

yeah you can change it. what you reckon?

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 3:34pm

ok, i think you will have your sweep tomorrow, and you will go into labour early hours of friday morning, and you will have bubba late on friday night :D........whaddya reckon???

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 4:14pm

Yeah, that sounds ok I reckon.

I have been timing my tightenings, there is no pattern but had more of a show today again. So things are definately getting prepared aren't they.

I wonder what will happen if I am dilated at all tomorrow? I wonder if she will just to the sweep or what???

Its frustrating waiting to find out whats gonna happen, I am surprising myself though that I am not stressing or panicking. I seem to be so relaxed - maybe its cos I know something is happening and I am assuming she will be with me by next week sometime. What with my good news about the high possibility that we are moving to Essex near my family, I am on cloud 9 at the moment

[zx203]

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 4:26pm

aww im so pleased things are going well hun, i bet you cant wait to meet your little girl. i will stick with this prediction then, get yourself a good nights sleep tonight hun, i think you might need it! :D yey! xxx

cookie

Superstar

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 4:33pm

have you thought of doing anything to regulate your tightenings????
im sure bells has mentioned before that having a big 'o!' (lol) can start things off..... :))

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 5:21pm

Thats great re the baby's birth being near and moving down to Essex. Having your family near is more important with a little one.

Looking forward to hearing all the news Vicki!

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 6:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vickimarie
I never heard of ice chips.

They are like mini ice cubes that you can suck and keep hydrated. You see them a lot on the American birth stories that I like to watch on Discovery Health channel - all in the name of future research you have to understand!

Fingers crossed that you'll be soon cuddling that little baby of yours.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 6:11pm

How do you regulate the tightnings?

I am timing them, not sure if they are braxton hicks or contractions.

Heres the timings what do you more experienced ladies think:

2.40, 3.15, 3.35, 3.55, 4.20, 4.45, 5.10, (had a kip), 6.30, 6.50

With the tightenings I get pains like period pains and twinges at the same time. I am not timing how long for though, just when they start.

I thought the info may be helpful for midwife tomorrow or if i end up in hospital or something. Especially as midwife said its early stages of labour and had more of a show today, twice.

I just wish I knew more really. Everything Ihave read has said that I will know when its a contraction, but I dont know. My MIL and Mum were like me too, not majorly excrutiating pains. More just very uncomfortable back and stomach pains like bad period pains. 2 friends said the same too, until further into the more important stages of labour at least.

Oh I wish i knew what was what!

I just can't wait till tomorrow. I will have a better picture of what is probably going to happen and when, well I hope anyway. And who knows maybe I won't even get to my midwife appointment, ha ha ha,
I will be pushing my baby out x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LadyLuck" (Jun 7th 2006, 6:25pm)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 7:48pm

Those tightenings sound like they're really gearing you up. Gosh, your bod is being ultra effective at this 'having babies' lark :D

Don't worry about these tightenings, you could still be days away just yet. When the pains first become 'pains' and they are regular to the point of several in an hour..... then you can assume that things may be picking up.

By regular I mean that from the start of the pain to the start of the next pain there will be a pattern and it will continue without dropping off. So every 7-8-9-10 minutes you might get a pain which lasts for maybe 10-20 seconds. If you don't have one for 20 mins or 30 mins then it's pretty safe to assume you're not in any hurry to get to the hospital.

If everything goes to plan and you start off naturally, at home, then you can expect to get to the stage where you will be having pains every 5 minutes which you are unable to speak through and you are likely to need to hang on to the furniture during the pains. When you get to this stage you will be in no doubt that you are in labour and it's time to toddle off to the hospital for some pushing :D

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 8:21pm

OOh Vicky- things are looking up!! As Bells has said it doesn't sound like established labour yet as those tightenings are a bit irregular yet. but they are more than certainly helping tio pushh bubba further into the pelvis and soften your cervix in readiness. When you see the midwife on thurs she will certainly be able to tell you if things are progressing, but it's more than likely you're body will tell you itself!!
XX

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 8:46pm

Has Vicki been on tonight?

Any news??

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 8:52pm

No news she is still the same, think she is tring to get some sleep before it all kicks off. Her DH is going to text me as soon as baby is here so I will let you all know as soon as I can.

Vick - I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world. You and G will make wonderful parents and I am so glad everything is working out for you. I wish I could be doing this with you like we hoped but I am so glad one of us has made it. I am forever greatful I met you through this site and have met a wonderful friend - just know while you are here I will do all I can to help you out and I am only ever a phonecall away if you need me. Never be afraid to ask. You are going to make a fab mummy and I cant wait to see your baby girl.

Hxxxxxxxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 9:30pm

Hi just quickly before i go to bed.

Still timing but the pains and tightenings are further apart now so just resting.

Hazel, you truly are a star, you are an amazing friend. Thank you so much for what you just said here.

I am off now hope to catch you all tomorrow, midwife appt at 2.40pm so will see how things go tomorrow.

Night all x

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 9:36pm

Night Vicki,

Have a good sleep, you might be a Mummy tomorrow :D

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 10:06am

Nothing to report at the mo.

Had more of a show again just now and more tightenings as I have the past 2 days but have midwife appt at 2.40pm so if she does the sweep then maybe we will get something tomorrow to report.

It looks like I am going to have a long slow labour!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LadyLuck" (Jun 8th 2006, 1:14pm)

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 2:44pm

Just got back. Midwife thinks baby will be born back to back,,,, great!!!

All is well and ok.

However, she did an internal examination and the cervix is soft which she said was good but things still a bit too high for her to be able to do a sweep and cervix is posterior??? No dilation.

We will be discussing induction at next appointment if we get to that appointment next Thursday. She said she will put me on the list and book me in if thats what we decide on.

So she reckons we will at least get a couple of the world cup games in yet.

Since I been home, I got on the loo and it felt like I was having a heavy period. Lots of brown liquid/stuff came out. Have to wear a s.towel. Thats just from an internal examination, what will the sweep do. She said I may have more of a show, but this was brown blood type stuff!!!! Sorry if TMI!!! I hope this is normal.

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 3:26pm

a show can have blood in - vaslin with specks of red & brown ....

i had a show on the tuesday and my waters broke on the wednesday at 9.30am and my son was born that evening.

i wish you lots of luck - now go put ur feet up !

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 4:08pm

What I just had after examination was more like the first day of a heavy period.

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 4:25pm

Kiz

How far gone was you when you got your show? Midwife seems to think baby wont arrive till next week!!!!!!!! ;(

• United Kingdom

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 4:38pm

Oh Vicki. I expect you are itching to go now aren't you? Try a curry or even sex. Bit extreme but you never know :D (sex I mean). Thanks for your PM hun.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 5:12pm

Vicki,

I can't believe your baby girl will be here soon! it's seems like only yesterday when you got your bfp!! hope she comes soon. xxx

Me:34 DH:40 TTC 4 1/2 yrs
Secondary infertility
Blocked tubes and high FSH
DH's swimmers borderline
1st ICSI Aug/Sept 05 - abandoned due to poor response
2nd ICSI Oct/Nov 05 - BFN
3rd ICSI May/June 06 - BFN

This is the end of our ttc road :(

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 5:14pm

Hi

Cant do sex. Just dont feel up to it, plus bleedin still from examination today. I am having pizza hut tonight, may leave the curry till sat night I think.

Hi Grippy, Good luck with embryo transfer, i wish you all the very best

xxx

• United Kingdom

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 6:08pm

Maybe not then. Have a nice pizza. Yummy!

Good luck Grippy with the transfer tomorrow.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 7:08pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vickimarie
Just got back. Midwife thinks baby will be born back to back,,,, great!!!

Then spend as much time as you can in a forward position. All fours, kneeling and leaning on your elbows, lying tipped forward. Now's the time to avoid slumping on the sofa because your baby needs to swing around to the front of your tum.

This is especially important during labour and with this in mind it's more important than ever for you to remain mobile and try to manage your labour without any interventions that will lead to you being strapped to a monitor, flat on your back.

The longer on your back the longer your baby will be OP, the slower the labour... the more likely you are to be given drugs to speed you up... the more painful the labour..... the more likely you are to want an epidural.... the more likely it is that your baby will need assistance being born.... It's the good old 'cascade of intervention'. You need to be aware of this so that you can make informed choices in the days to come.

Quoted

We will be discussing induction at next appointment if we get to that appointment next Thursday. She said she will put me on the list and book me in if thats what we decide on.

Induction is unfortunately one of the things that leads to being strapped to a monitor, flat on your back..... :rolleyes:

Every decision has consequences and while an induction might be appealing at the moment and may just give you a nudge into labour, it might just be the start of a series of events which make your birth longer and more uncomfortable in the long run.

I don't mean to scare you, induction can be absolutely life saving and sometimes is necessary but it can also be the start of a series of events that are ....... less than ideal.

Quoted

Since I been home, I got on the loo and it felt like I was having a heavy period. Lots of brown liquid/stuff came out. Have to wear a s.towel. Thats just from an internal examination, what will the sweep do. She said I may have more of a show, but this was brown blood type stuff!!!! Sorry if TMI!!! I hope this is normal.

Sounds like she was very 'thorough' with her examination..... blood and slimy stuff is ok..... Is it definately blood and not a watery dark brown liquid?

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 7:46pm

Bells, yeah its dark brown like the start of my period and it was more of a thick liquid rather than slimy stuff and was not watery either. What does that mean??????

Its eased off now but was dripping out a bit when i got on the loo.

Lorraine, pizza was scrummy.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 8:13pm

I'm replied to your PM chuck.

It was the word 'liquid' that I was asking about, just to make sure that your waters weren't leaking. Sounds like it's just some gunk from your examination and nothing at all to worry about, especially as you've been examined today by a midwife.

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 9:30pm

Yeah, she did have a good feel around with a little trouble getting to the back apparantly.

Thanks girls. Going to bed now to rest, feel a bit deflated and exhausted. Am hoping for some good news tomorrow that DH and I are posted to Colchester in Essex (nr my family) in October this year.

So will be having some sweet dreams tonight. Catch you all tomorrow x x x x x x x x x

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 9:57pm

ohh I hope its good news tomorrow!! Text me!! Perhaps the excitment will get things moving!! Lots of jumping up and down if its good news!!

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

cookie

Superstar

Friday, June 9th 2006, 7:31am

hope you get your good news todya hun, wouldnt it be amazing if both lots of good news came today??? :P ill keep my fingers crossed for you sweety, xxx

Friday, June 9th 2006, 9:55am

Thanks Cookie and Hazel, will keep you updated.

Re baby, got a bit of a sore tummy from the internal examination and still losing a bit of brown blood from it too.

I have to talk to midwife today anyway so may ask her if the blood is normal after an examination, she did say i may get another show after but its nothing like the shows i had this week. its brown blood not clear jelly!! No jelly at all in fact!!! I am sure its all normal, it just really worries you doesnt it like when you have a bleed on 2ww or something like that.

Midwife just rang, advised she did a stretch so thats why I have the brown blood. So all is fine.

Gonna rest today as feeling a bit poo again and got bad belly period pains plus my tummy feels like it did when i had EC! Like I have a wound inside. Just gonna wait for some new from DH, hopefully good news about moving to Essex.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LadyLuck" (Jun 9th 2006, 2:27pm)

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Friday, June 9th 2006, 12:20pm

Hope you are ok hun, feel for you in this heat. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Friday, June 9th 2006, 12:22pm

Its not hot up here in Scotland today. Said it was gonna be 20 odd but its not and the sun is hidden behind the clouds so I am lucky really being this far gone and living in Scotland.

Cant wait for next summer though, hoping to move back home and wont be pregnant this time next year so I can enjoy the hot weather with my daughter whenever she decides to arrive.

Friday, June 9th 2006, 6:04pm

:D Hi Vicki,

Hope you are ok chick & not to fed up - hope you are going to meet your daughter before the weekends out!! I can't wait!

Dolly
xx

cookie

Superstar

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 7:10am

how ya doing vicky??? :P

• United Kingdom

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 1:55pm

Hello Vicki. Hope you are not finding it too hot, esp if you are in labour!

Keep cool hun.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 6:19pm

Still here girls...........

Although Iam in Scotland it is bloody hot today. Went for a walk with dog and DH, hoping to start things off, but I just got swollen hands and feet cos it was so warm. DH had to push me up the steps and slopes. :D

Was funny, but was a lovely day and gorgeous walk by the river!

Still getting a show, pains a little sharper than earlier in the week.

Come on girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The waiting is so frustrating isn't it!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LadyLuck" (Jun 10th 2006, 6:21pm)

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 9:34pm

How you feeling now Vicki? Any more pains?

By the way, have u chosen a name yet? Is it a big secret?

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 9:40pm

Hi Jen

Well the period pains i been getting all week have now turned sharper since the internal examination and I still been getting a show each day but its now brown blood instead of clear. So although things getting worse as such, they are positive signs I think.

DH has just gone to Asda to get me a pineapple, we are so desperate now.

We have a few names but the one that has stuck is Chloe I think. We did have Georgia but changed our minds although I still love the name, DH's name is George so some people made comments adn I dont want her to be called George at school. We like Kaitlyn, Kiera, DH likes Holly, Hope, Emily but they are not names I really like.

I like Madison adn Maisie too but our surname begins with an M so wont sound right.

Its so hard so we will see, family dont know what we like as we dont want their comments we want it to be our decision, once we named her people are not gonna say they dont like it to our face are they. Well I should hope not, I wouldnt. We want to see her too and will decide then I think x

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 9:45pm

Awwww i love kaitlyn that was one of the names we chose but didn't sound right with dp's surname!! xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 9:47pm

What lovely names. I like Madison too.

How was the pineapple? Any luck? Have you had any spicey food?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheZooKeeper" (Jun 10th 2006, 9:47pm)

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 10:07pm

He is just cutting the pineapple now, yummy! Will let you know how it goes.

No not had spicy food, dont like it. When I have a curry I only have chicken tikka korma!!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE