You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Sunday, November 18th 2007, 8:13pm

New Parent Chat Archive 18/11/07 - 07/01/08

A nice new thread for you ladies.....

Please pop back to the old thread and look at the last few posts...cazzmo and compley have both posted there today and we don't want their words to go unnoticed...

New Parent Chat!

...as you were.... :)

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Sunday, November 18th 2007, 10:03pm

Ladies
That's ok - I usually talk drivel !!

Caz xx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, November 19th 2007, 8:43am

Well, we had a good night with H again! Dh settled him about 11pm, after his feed, then he woke at 3am, fed, settled himself back to sleep, with a bit of help from his dummy!...then woke at 6am! So dh has gone to work feeling quite refreshed as he didnt need to be up with H at all last night!...and I feel quite refreshed too!

Was topping and tailing H today, went to change his nappy, and he decided to wee all over himself!....so off we went for a bath!!!...he's asleep now, but managed a bit of time in his baby chair this morning, so am quite pleased about that!

so am sitting here with a cuppa, online...really should be looking at the complicated looking child tax credits form...oh well, it will get done!!!!

how is everyone today?

xxx

<

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Monday, November 19th 2007, 8:46am

Wow ... you did have a great night clap

It's lovely when it all starts to click into place eh?

I'm bored. bored, bored and bored .... twins are being weighed today, and it's the first time I won't be there when it's done ;( Booooo

Just got into work, and it's like the grave here ... gives me chance to catch up on here though :innocent:

How you? Good weekend?

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:01am

Yeah, have to say for quite a few nights now H has been waking once in the night, and it does make a big difference to how we feel in the morning!!!..am hoping he continues to do it!!!!...Had a lovely weekend thanks :) My friends came for the weekend, and we did a bit of shooping, and alot of chatting!!! Luckily H is young enough to sleep through the shopping trips!!!!...How about you?

How is being back at work going? Is your dh taking the twins for their weigh in? Hope they have been gained! sounds like they are both doing well!

<

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:06am

HV is coming to do it at our house ... thankfully they're quite sympathetic to the fact that Andy will be by himself, so are willing to come to us :D

Didn't do an awful lot this weekend, it was nice to spend some time with hubby and T ... idon't see them much during the week, as I don't get in till 6, and Andy has to literally hand the kids over on the doorstep to be able to get to work for half past .... not sure it's gonna work in the long run, but we'll see ...

There's no doubt about J gaining weight, B i'm a little more nervous about ... she's a nightmare with food ... she ha a total of 19ounce yesterday, and J jad 38oz ... chalk and chees eh?

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:24am

thats really good that your HV will come to your house, it must be a help to have such a nice Health visitor, it seems to be pot luck what they are like! We still haven't met our actual health visitor yet! only one who is covering from another surgery!

It is amazing how much babies vary! talking to friends who have babies a few months older then H, they all have such different experiences, their babies have different temperments etc!...makes me realise I will have to try not to compare H to other babies the same age, as they are all so different!

Your weekends must be really precious to you, and it must be lovely for you to have that time as a family.....does sound hectic for you in the week! you must be exhausted by the end of the day!!!!...are you seeing how it goes with your dh's hours at the mo, and how it all works out?

<

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:28am

That's the plan ... He really doesn't want to give up work, but I reckon work will get pretty pee'd off with him if he's late any more (twice last week, cos of rush hour traffic), he's willing to give up but we'll try and push through first and see how it goes .... wish I could bloody quit humph

What are your plans for going back hun?

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:42am

must be really hard for, you are doing a great job trying to juggle everything!

I'm going back next September, probably about 25 hours per week. As I'm a nurse I can do 2 long days, well that's what I'm hoping!!!...so will only be gone twice, though it will be for a long time, and won't see H hardly at all the days I'm at work :( but I'd rather squash it into 2 days!!!!....One day dh's parents are going to look after H, and am hoping to work every Friday as dh has Fridays off, so H will have a Father and son day!...fingers crossed it was sort of agreed with work this would be ok, so hoping they don't change their minds!!!!!

Oh, and I will hope for a lottery win for us all, so we can all stay at home with our LO's!!!!!!

<

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:45am

clap ...

Here's to lottery wins all round :cheers2:

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:47am

Well done Laura, and H, M has been doing well at night as well. I find it difficult to sleep now I'm not so tired !!

Hope B and J do well today Kirsty. Can I ask if you've given any advice about B and her feeding ? The reason I ask is that the last 2 1/2 days M has lost interest in feeding. She's never been a big feeder in that she only spends about 15 mins on the boob, but has put on 10oz at the last 2 weigh ins. Now she'll feed for 4 mins and I'll spend 6 mins blowing on her etc, trying to get at least 10 mins out of her.

her nappies are now green also, whivh isn't good :sadface:

we have our 6 week check up today so will ask Gp, but any advice/thoughts ?

xxxxx

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:53am

don't know what to advise Csam, but hope your check goes well today, would ask about the feeding, and see what they say.

Had a chuckle when you said you blow on M's face, that's what I do with H! I'm quite gentle, but he always screws his eyes shut even tighter, as if to say 'Mummy, what are you doing, leave me alone!!!!' :laugh:

Think may have to wake him for a feed soon! think his bath and bit of awake time wore him out this morning!!!!...he still sleeps alot!!!!

xxx

<

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:53am

C,
Absolutely none at all i'm afraid ... we ask at every weigh in, but are always told that if she is putting on weight (however little), and is producing wet, and dirty nappies then we shouldn't worry :rolleyes: ... (ummm, yeah OK...)
We tried feeding her more regularly ... every 2 hours, but she took less each feed, and ended up having less. We tried leaving her for longer, hoping she would get really hungry and take loads ... it got to 5 and a half hours, and I gave in and fed her (while blubbing my eye's out thinking i had starved my child ;( ) .... so now we feed her every 3 hours, she takes anywhere from 2 - 5 ounce per feed, and we have to wake her during the night to get an extra feed in her (she doesn't wwant it, or wake for it herself) ... she would probably only take around 17 oz if we didn't do this ...

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:59am

Oh thats pants Kirsty :sadface: I mean I can see what they are saying I suppose, not alot they can do if they are putting on weight etc but it's still a worry

I just don't know why the sudden change in M. I guess it's a 'keep and eye on things'. I'd hoped to BF for 3-4 months at least but if I have to I'll give her bottles.It's more important that she's fed.

Laura, if DH is home he's worse when M is feeding, he'll tickle her toes, take her trousers off/undo her babygro etc !!

Oh forgot to say, M threw up her feed this morning - all 10 mins of it (well 4 really), then slept for another 2.5 hours. Can't help being worried can you.

Hope the DR comes up with some good advice

xxxxx

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:00am

Babies are such a puzzle aren't they!!!! my friend, who has a 6 month old, was here at the weekend, and we both agreed it is such a guessing game with what to do/try!!!!...and then a sort of wait and see if it works or not!!!!!.....I think 'should I wake H for a feed? Let him sleep?'.....he has gone almost 4 hours now, so will wake him, as not sure how long i should let him go, and also like to keep on track with feeds to the vague pattern he seems to have!!! (well somedays he seems to have a pattern, then throws a totally random day in for good measure!!!!...to keep me on my toes!!!!)

<

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:04am

Csam I've stripped H to his nappy!!!! even when he was first born, in hospital!!! In fact they told me to do it!!!! I'm a mean Mummy!!!!!

H was really sick after a night feed last week, and you do worry, he is often bit sicky after his feeds, and i do worry about how much he has kept down, it's hard isn't it! ...Having said that, the night he was really sick he looked as if he was hungry, so after 30+ mins i offered other side, which he doesn't usually need, and he guzzled away and then promptly vomited it all back, so think his eyes were bigger then his belly as they say!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:05am

Know what you mean Laura, I thought I saw a vague pattern, so much so that I booked our Dr's app around the time I thought she'd be fed and happy, the very next day it changed again !

Sounds like a good plan re your work. You'll get lots of quality time with H that way.

xxxx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:08am

M does that Laura, she'll be sick and then want feeding again and I'm like :scared:
it's too soon, you'll be sick again.

1 step forward and 2 back :headache

xxxxx

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:20am

Quoted

Originally posted by csam
M does that Laura, she'll be sick and then want feeding again and I'm like :scared:
it's too soon, you'll be sick again.

1 step forward and 2 back :headache

xxxxx

yep they seem quite happy to be sick, and then think 'mmmm, I want more food now !!!!!'

<

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:27am

Quoted

I just don't know why the sudden change in M. I guess it's a 'keep and eye on things'. I'd hoped to BF for 3-4 months at least but if I have to I'll give her bottles.It's more important that she's fed.

But she IS fed!!!

That may be all she needs to take. If you do put her on bottles what help will that be other than you be able to say that she's only taking X amount of milk?

Ok, if she's only feeding for a few minutes at a time and she's producing green nappies then don't alternate breasts. Put her back on the same breast for the next feed and swap every two feeds. Try that for a day and see what happens.

There IS no hard and fast rule when it comes to breastfeeding, she may just be a very quick feeder and easily satisfied. Aren't you small and petite???

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:30am

Where's Willow today ?(

Hope you are ok hun. Did you have to do the school run ? How are things with your mum ?

I'm feeling a bit down actually. Think it's coz DH has been home since last Thur afternoon and is back at work now :sadface: He's coming home at 3 to take us to the doctors though.

Really wish my mum was more supportive, I mean she is ok if I ask for help, just sometimes I wish she'd say "do you want me to pop round today", now I muddle through and don't ask her. I am hoping she'll look after M when she's not at work and when I'm back at work. Save that conversation for another time I think....

xxxx

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:38am

C
Bells is right - I found once I swopped to bottles I went from deep concern re what A was having on the breast to being doubly concerned with what he was leaving in the bottle. You can't win. My HV said you wouldn't believe the amount of milk they get from the breast.

If it's going well, which it is, and she's gaining, we had green poo by the way, then stick with it. In that I mean don't give up cos you think you're not doing it well enough. I had to give up suddenly and I still miss the closeness - if I could have kept going I would have for sure.

Had a weird day yest, A quite crotchety, was a nightmare in the night - so overtired and over stimulated i think ( parents were round - naughty nana and gramps ). He went 5.15 hours without a feed, would NOT have his bottle, just screamed and only wanted to be rocked. We had this last Sunday too - any ideas anyone? He had his bottle and a dream feed in the end and slept 12 hours !!

K - hope you get gopod results with J and B - I agree you are very much left alone to get on with it, ' as long as x y and z they're fine ' GRRRR !!! Doen't stop you worrying though !!

Hope we are all well, I have my period ( sorry tmi ) but fIrst one after having A - and my normal hormonal 3 days migraine is here too, so diet coke and paracetemol for me today. Got my friends 3 and 1 year old coming to play this afternoon - hoping they are quiet...yeah right!! :snigger:

Caz xxx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:44am

Thanks Caz, my confidence always gets rocked when we have a blip. I sometimes need to hear all is ok. Any ideas what happens at a 6 week check up ? Hoping the Gp will weigh M as baby clinic was cancelled last week.

A sounds ok now, but sorry can't help with the earlier issue. 12 hours sleep tho, wow you must be feeling human again now :snigger:

Hope you have a lovely afternoon. Bummer about period, I've had random bleeding on and off for a week or so I guess, weird things our bodies. Guess the Gp will ask about that today.

xxxxxx

Monday, November 19th 2007, 12:43pm

I didn't go for my 6 week check.... :O :innocent:

Apparently they just feel your tum and ask about contraception. Mum said they used to do an internal too, but don't think they do that anymore. My friends sugery don't offer 6 week checks so I guess perhaps they're not that important. ?(

Caz x

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 12:49pm

oh I thought it was a 'big' thing and they'd come and beat you with a stick if you didn't go.so don't need the contraception talk, not that any of us do really. As well as the fact that if I had enough energy/time to be jiggy jiggy I'd probably use the time/energy to do something else !!!!

xxx

Monday, November 19th 2007, 12:55pm

Lol hunni
I agree. Theres no worried re contraception here, what a laugh!! :sadface:
Yep I thought it was a bg deal too. Alex had his 8 week during his jab appointment, I thought they'd combine the two but nope. He's got his next lot next week - apparently this lot sting :bawl: :bawl:. Also I need to give him calpol but will be at monkey music, so will need to do it straight after the class. my poor little man

Caz x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cazzmo" (Nov 19th 2007, 12:56pm)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 12:59pm

Oh poor A.....Give him a big hug from me .Dh even said he'd take M if I didn't want to, is it that bad ????.....

Not had M's jab app through yet. DH has a week off when she's 8 weeks old so I'm really hoping the app would be that week.

xxxxx

Monday, November 19th 2007, 1:03pm

Hun - I'm not going to lie ...it wasn't pleasant.

We had to strip him off to see hte HV, she weighed him, then in to see the doctor who checked him over ( said he was perfect :happy: ), then to the nurse. He was tired anyway so was crotchety, I had to sit him on my knee, she jabbed him one side, his crying when from normal to high pitched screaming, I was in tears by this point, then the blinking nurse expected me to turn him round for her to jab his other leg..then he bled a bit. And more screaming. Totally horrific experience, he took about 15 mins there of rocking to calm him down enough to walk to marts mum's ( about 10 mins away ) during which he fell asleep and was right as rain. I usually go to my MIL's on a Wed afternoon, but going to bring him straight home this time in case he's poorly.
I can't stand other people trying to fuss him when he's not well :innocent:.

I can't believe I have to do it again :bawl: .

Caz x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cazzmo" (Nov 19th 2007, 1:04pm)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 1:07pm

Oh heck :headache Now I know why he's said that. I thought at the time I'd love you come but I'm coming too....

Poor A, is there any one who can go along with you for a bit of support ?

I'm dreading getting to the Dr's today just as M wants feeding...... Not that my little monkey is very interested in food just now :sadface:

xxxxx

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, November 19th 2007, 1:21pm

6 week check up for moms: The checkup is important. Yes they will discuss contaception - it is required, but they should also be checking that your womb has returned to normal, that feeding is going okay - or if not breast feeding that your boobs are okay anyhow and generally check your health status.

shots for babies: a good idea is to take a bottle along if bottle feeding or stick your boob in baby's mouth when they do the shot - baby tends to scream less loudly and settles quicker if allowed to nurse. Also - stay calm. If you hate needles and tense up or get all tense cos baby is crying then baby will inevitably scream all the more. If you need it then take some rescue remedy before you take baby in...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 1:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rene
6 week check up for moms: The checkup is important.

My 6 week check was appalling .... we went in, and he said "so? How is your mood? .... and that was it!!! Didn't ask about feeding, check my stomach, ask about contraception .... nuffink ....

He didn't weigh the babies either .... :cross:

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 1:55pm

HV has been, and ****dum de de dum dum dum dum*** (sing it like a fanfare!!)

J weighs 16lb 12oz :8o:
abd B weighs 12lb 5 oz

again, nothing to say about B's weeny appetite, but she's maintaining her line, so shouldn't worry ... J is just getting bigger and bigger .... he's averaging a pound a week now :yumyum:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, November 19th 2007, 1:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by KIRSTY G
My 6 week check was appalling .... we went in, and he said "so? How is your mood? .... and that was it!!! Didn't ask about feeding, check my stomach, ask about contraception .... nuffink ....

If that is the treatment you got at your 6 week then I am apalled!!! In fact I consider it quite disgusting that your doc would do so and I would most certainly have complained!!! He is required to ask about mood too as so many ladies develop PND but that is not the way to do it...

edited to add: Well done on your little ones' weight gain. They are really doing well...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rene" (Nov 19th 2007, 2:00pm)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 1:59pm

clap well done the baby G's

Glad B is maintaining her line, shame they couldn't be more helpful tho eh kirst ? How much has she gained since the last weigh in ?

xxxx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 2:01pm

I'm just hoping she'll weigh M as I'm concerned about her. No good checking my mood if they are not going to check my baby is ok.

Does sound very naff Kirsty, did you get a PND questionnaire, I've been told to expect one ??

xxxx

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 2:06pm

Absolutely nothing .... literally (and i'm not joking), he said "how is your mood?", didn't ask me how I was coping with TWO newborns, how I was after the being in hospital for a week when my babies were just 3 weeks old, how I felt about having to stop breastfeeding beacuse of the time in hospital when I really wasn't ready (Still upsets me ;( ) .... not a thing. As soon as I said "well, i'm OK" he turned around and checked a box on his computer screen ....

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 2:09pm

What a div !

I'm seeing a lady Dr, who helped get things moving when the TTC plan wasn't going well.She isn't my 'official' Doctor but phoned me up not long after I had M when she heard M had come early.

Sorry you got a raw deal. Bet you won't go back to him in a hurry.

xxxx

KIRSTY G

Monday, November 19th 2007, 2:13pm

Quoted

How much has she gained since the last weigh in ?

xxxx

mmmmmm she was 11lb 2oz at her last weigh in which was 1st Nov .... 18 days ago ... so she's put on 19 ounces ....

Ooooh that's perfect actually, they advise an ounce a day :clap:

J has put on 30 8)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 2:16pm

Nice one B ! she's obviously going to be a dainty little girl. :D Didn't know it was 1oz a day, I'll bear that in mind.

I'm gonna cry if the Dr won't weigh M, can't be that hard can it to go and get the scales. It's no my fault baby clinic was cancelled. :sadface:

xxxx

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 6:27pm

Kirsty, glad the weigh in went well :)

Csam, how did you get on?

I have my 6 week check next week, but at the hospital, due to the tear, so am hoping it will be a bit more thorough!!!!

not looking forward to the jabs :( 12the Dec for us! H has a hip ultrsound scan next week, as my sister and me had hip problems as babies, so not looking forward to that! His hips were ok at newborn check, so fingers crossed all is ok! I have been looking out for any signs that things aren't right, and it all seems fine at the mo!

Well my sister has been here today, and we have had a chilling out day watching dvds! H has been really chilled, and has slept in my arms/on my lap in between feeds, and it's been lovely just sitting cuddling him!!! smile2

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 19th 2007, 6:34pm

Hi Laura

Glad you had a lovely day, sounds perfect !
Dr's visit was ok, M is ok.Dr didn't examine me, but she asked if I needed a check over :no: she said "do I need to ask about contraception" :no:

She didn't weigh M tho....

What you up to tomorrow ? I'm driving to a friends, she said I can stay as long as I want, I'm hoping to leave the house as soon after 9 as I can, not sure how that'll go.

have a lovely eve and a good day tom

xxxxx

compley

Megastar

Monday, November 19th 2007, 7:43pm

Hiya Csam

sorry they didnt weigh M, it's hard cos you want them to dont you? i wish H was getting weighed this week! Next weds seems ages away!

My cousin is popping in tomorrow, so that will be nice! If it's nice in the morning may go for a walk, but the forecast is for more rain!!!...we kept saying today 'shall we go for a walk?' then it would rain again, so were 'no, lets watch another dvd!!!'

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, and it goes well getting out in the morning, it's a case of seeing how the morning goes isn't it?, as I find each day is different, so each morning and how we do things is slightly different!

You have a good eve too, have you managed to watch celebrity jungle? We have sort of been watching it, the trial looks awful tonight!

xxx

<

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 10:15am

I weighed A myself this am, I hopped ont he scales, then hopped on with him - he's about 13lb lol !!!

Might pop to baby clinic later but it's icky and rainy so not sure...but when we haven't been out for the last 2 days so I'm getting cabin fever!

hope everyones ok - quick post as A's sleeping, no idea for how much longer and I've got bottles to make
Caz x

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 2:23pm

Hello everyone!! :D

Glad you are all doing well. Sounds like all the jabs are something to dread tho!! :8o:
Evie is supposed to go for a hip checkup on the 6th Dec but our hospital has that awful bug in it so I am going to postpone it. There is no-way I am putting her at risk.
Got a filthy cold too. I am just praying Evie doesnt get it.
Not had much spare time as she just knows when I put her down even if she has gone off to a deep sleep. However today we are making a little progress :happy:

Good luck at all your appts ladies.
Hope to pop back again very soon xxx

TTC 4 yrs
ICSI Feb 2005 BFP - early MC :(
3 x DIUI Oct05/Jan06/Mar06 BFN
Starting 2nd ICSI Dec 2006

OMG!! a real :BFP: 7/2/07

compley

Megastar

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 4:02pm

:hi: Minnie, good to see you :)

hope everyone is ok today! The weather is cold and nasty here, but managed to get out for a walk this morning!...and now we are all snug in the warm!!!

H is fast asleep, may go and grab tea early before he stirs! As dh isn't in until 9pm, have to grab it when I can!!!!!!

xxx

<

Reg: Jan 20th 2007

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 6:20pm

hi all,

I've been away at my mum's for few days and have missed the chat! D's been quite good there but harder to settle yesterday and today. Not long after I walked thru the door he starts screaming and I mean proper - neighbours considering calling childline - screaming! I checked The Bum and changed him but I think it was food?! He has his fists in his mouth and there's no consoling him about half hour before he's due a feed. Thing is, he takes about 4oz every 3 hours (sometimes that takes 45 minutes to get down him, sometimes 20).

I remember one of the midwives on the ward telling me that within the week I'd know exactly what my baby's cries were all about and I stupidly believed her. Makes me feel a failure that I don't know! It feels like he should be going more like 4 hours between feeds but there's no way. Yet I can't have a "hungry baby" if it takes so long to get him to take a bottle surely. It's like the milk isn't satisfying him though.

I thought colic but he doesn't cry that much, there's usually a reason and it appears to be the expected - food or bum! He's on Infacol already with an Aptamil chaser.

Anyone else have this?

ICSI 2007 DS
FET Jan 2010 BFP
:sticky: :dust: :sticky:

compley

Megastar

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 6:37pm

Quincy, don't worry about knowing the different cries, H is 5 weeks, and though I'm getting there with the cries, am definitely still learning! and sometimes I think thats the hunger/tired/uncomfy cry, and try to remedy it, and it doesn't always work!...you are not a failure, you are a new Mum, getting to know your baby, and that takes time! You are doing a great job :hugs:

As for the hunger thing, babies can have growth spurts, think 2-3 weeks is when 1st one can occur. H had one at 3 weeks,and i was constantly feeding him! It passed after a couple of days.

Not sure what to advise about the feeding, but am sure one of the more experienced Mummies will be along with some good advice soon!

Just wandered if anyone else has bought a raincover for their carseat, got stressed getting H into car in rain the other day, and don't like to think of him getting wet, if anyone has one, are they easy and quick to put on?

xxx

<

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 7:45pm

Not heard of a raincover for the car seat. Got mine for my buggy but have NO idea how to put it on.

Quincy hunni - I can honestly say I know A's cries now about 85% of the time. They do have a growth spurt at about 3 weeks though so it could be approaching that time. I breastfed A at 3 weeks so not sure if I have any proper advice with bottles. What I would possibly try is feeding him when he's crying like that, just in case it's a growth spurt, and the routine will settle itself later on. Last week A got to 2.45 hours between feeds and he was starving so I fed him earlier than planned. Now I don't know it that's 'allowed' but he just couldn't wait an extra 15 mins. Infacol is a godsend so keep using that EVERY feed.

Fists in the mouth here means teething at the moment hunni - could it be that? ?(

Hope someone pops along with more advice chicks

You'd have thought babies would have evolved so far as to come with a manual :snigger:

Caz x

Reg: Jan 20th 2007

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 9:49pm

ta for that - def food for thought!

I have a raincover for my car seat from Ebay - it was about £3 and is brilliant. You just pop it over the top and hold the handle through an opening at the top - easy peasy.

x

ICSI 2007 DS
FET Jan 2010 BFP
:sticky: :dust: :sticky:

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 10:51pm

Hi Compley!

Mothercare sell them too,think I paid 7.00 quid.

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE