You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Andypink" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, October 1st 2007, 9:30pm

MMR - cough/ cold

Hello People
Just a quickie.

Amélie has MMR, Hib C and Men C jabs tomorrow. She has had a cough & cold for 10 days to a fortnight. She is fine in herself. Should she still have them?

Also will it be 3 jabs?
xx
PCOS. Ovarian drilling October 2005
Amazing BFP January 2006!!!!!!!!!!
2nd BFP natural!!!! - due Dec 2008!

[/url[url=http://tickers.families.com]

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, October 1st 2007, 9:34pm

No, she needs to be fit and well for her jabs.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, October 1st 2007, 9:39pm

Are they doing all 3 tomorrow?? I thought they had MenC and Hib the month before the MMR and Pneumococcal.

I was told aslong as she had no temperature then it would be fine, but I did take her for her second pneumcoccal and she had a snotty nose and she reacted the next day she had a high temp, so i would wait till she is well to be on the safe side. I am sure Mrs J can help give you more advise.

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Monday, October 1st 2007, 9:42pm

They normally like them to be well for immunisations, but if she is recovering from her cold and shows no sign of fever etc, they may say she is ok to have them, might be best to post-pone for a week or two though. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

• "Andypink" started this thread

Monday, October 1st 2007, 9:42pm

Yes chilli - those 3 tomorrow and I book the pneumococcal (sp?) when she's had that. Is that not normal?

Bells -could you explain to me why? Is it because the jabs can increase her symptoms?
PCOS. Ovarian drilling October 2005
Amazing BFP January 2006!!!!!!!!!!
2nd BFP natural!!!! - due Dec 2008!

[/url[url=http://tickers.families.com]

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, October 1st 2007, 9:47pm

All the children i know have had the MenC and Hib together then one month later the MMR and pneumococcal, it may vary from each area though.

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Monday, October 1st 2007, 10:42pm

If she isnt well before the jab and she has a reaction to it, they will not know what she is reacting too. I would be tempted to ring them in the morning and tell them to delay it. Im sure they will understand.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, October 2nd 2007, 8:02am

The normal schedule is hib / men C (combined vaccine) at 1 year and MMR and penuemo at 13 months. They usually get a little bit delayed because who wants their baby immunised on their first birthday? And its ok to change things round a bit so long as they are all done without too much delay. Pneumo and Hib/men C shoudn't be given together because of a possible (theoretical) reduction in the effectiveness of them.

Andy, I would take her for the appointment and let them assess her on the day. It sometimes makes sense to postpone MMR if a child is poorly as it may make them worse but a minor illness with no fever isn't usually a problem.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE