You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "leanne76" started this thread

Reg: Jul 19th 2007

Children: 1 lovely Step Son aged 17

Friday, September 28th 2007, 9:15pm

Hep B injection

As I work in a hospital I need my last hep B injection in October I have already had two a few months ago, I'm very worried as someone told me the other day that I should not be having them while TTC, I dont know what to do how will it affect me if I fall pregnant (which I doubt I will) I dont really want my employers to know I am TTC.

Could some one reasuure me please & should I have the last injection.

Thanks for reading guys :xxx3:

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs
Lap & Dye 07 very mild endo
6 clomid cycle's 100mg all :BFN:

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Friday, September 28th 2007, 9:17pm

ooh good question I am going to copy this and put it into general health too I don't want it missed I hope no-one minds!
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

Friday, September 28th 2007, 9:23pm

Oh I have put it in the wrong section havent I whoops

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, September 28th 2007, 9:25pm

Hep B is a killed vaccine, the virus present in the vaccine is dead. It is not licensed to be given during pregnancy due to the fact that it is impossible to gain ethical approval for a study on almost any drug during pregnancy. However it has been given in pregnancy by accident many times and its perfectly safe. Where it has been given by accident, the manufacturer keeps data on what happens and I've spoken to them in the past about it and there have never been any problems. DOH guidelines on giving hep B vaccine in pregnancy state that if the recipient is at significant risk of hep B, then the benefits of vacicnation outweigh any potential risk. I've givne to a woman who was in the very early stages of pregnancy and she went on to have a perfectly healthy baby.

However, I doubt there is any data relating to its effect on TTC outcomes. Glaxo Smithkline make a hep B vaccine called Engerix B and if you call them on 020 8047 5000 and ask for drug information, they will be able to advise you if they have any data. If you get no where, pm me and when I'm at work on Tuesday I will contact them and see what I can find out.

Friday, September 28th 2007, 9:29pm

wow thank-you mrs J thats great info I will def ring them...thankyou I feel much better now

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE