You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Friday, April 29th 2011, 10:11pm

i dont see why not, i did. i didnt go to new places i didnt know, and i didnt eat at shared salad bars, as not really recommended but places i had eaten in for years i carried on going to, i think as long as your careful u will be fine.
I think with deli meats its incase its not properly stored etc.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:10am

Deli meats like Parma ham or salami are raw and should not be eaten when pregnant.

Reg: Nov 15th 2011

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 2:01pm

Hiya,
I'm new to all this - only got our BFP yesterday and i'm busy trying to work out whats ok and whats not. The list at the start of this thread is very helpful, as are the comments on here. The only one I am unsure about is cold meats? Is a supermarket bought pack of ham or chicken ok? Not from the deli counter, but the pre-packed stuff? Just thinking about my lunches of salad or sandwiches.
Thank you so much
xx

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 2:44pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy BissyRocket. :)

There is no advice in the UK to avoid cold cooked pre packed meats and you'll find that most woman that have been pregnant have eaten them at one time or another with no ill effects.

This is the advice from the NHS

Quoted

Cold meats and smoked salmon

Some countries advise pregnant women not to eat cold meats or smoked fish because of the risk of listeria. In the UK, we don't advise women to avoid these products because the risk is low. The risk of listeria is much higher with cheeses such as camembert, brie or chevre (a type of goat's cheese) and others with a similar rind, or pâté, which you shouldn't eat during pregnancy. However, if you are concerned, you might also choose to avoid cold meats and smoked fish while you are pregnant.

Reg: Nov 15th 2011

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 3:52pm

Thank you very much PollyPocket!x

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 1:12pm

Damn had a slither of smoked salmon on a canapé whoops is that really bad??
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 3:17pm

No.

You'll be absolutely fine, don't worry!