You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 5th 2008

Children: None, preggies with my first

Monday, June 9th 2008, 7:06pm

and sorry to ask his, but what does bfp mean??Thankyou
SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPALADOSOUS!!

I was gonna make toast before but i had no bread so i made myself a sandwich instead!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, June 9th 2008, 7:10pm

bfp is 'big fat positive' ie a positive pregnancy test

I think Shell's reply shows how it varies so much from place to place - I have been offered weekly scans because I miscarried before.

To be honest, its hard for any of us to predict what will happen tomorrow because it depends on your area and your own circumstances, but please don't worry about it.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Monday, June 9th 2008, 7:26pm

I agree with bubble i think it depends on your GP mine was fine about sending me for an early scan due to previous m.c but he wouldnt send me for one till i was over 6 weeks gone as he said he didnt want to upset me if they didnt see anything and the chances of seeing anything before 6 weeks is very unlikly , i went at 6w5d and everything was fine we saw a heartbeat and baby etc so bear that in mind too that going to early can also put more stress on you if u dont see anything , be sure that you want to have an early scan before you ask for one , some GPs are forth coming in getting one due to previous experiances / problems some aren't...

I hope they do what is best for you , talk it over with your GP and see what they say and more importnatly how you feel about having an early scan ...

Ante Natal appointments are normally just a blood pressure and urine check at your stage of pregnancy or at least that was my experiance.. Hope that helps..

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 1:34pm

Hi Huggie. I had a scan at 4 weeks then one at 7 weeks which showed a h/b. I think its normal for you to just have the scan at 12 weeks, so dont worry at all if you are not offerred one, ask your m/w what there policy is, find out if they book your 12 week scan for you or if you need to do it. good luck babes. xx
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 1:50pm

hope everything goes well for you today x

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 5:52pm

yeh like everyone says it does depend my midwife would not give me a early scan after my mc so i had to wait for 12 weeks

xxx

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

Reg: Jun 5th 2008

Children: None, preggies with my first

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 6:18pm

Hey guys, went there today she did nothing to me exept for taking my details, arranged a scan next weet and she's kumming to my house on the 29th, so hope all goes well, i just expected a blood test and eberything today.....
SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPALADOSOUS!!

I was gonna make toast before but i had no bread so i made myself a sandwich instead!

Reg: Aug 29th 2007

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 7:39pm

Glad it went ok! I got my midwife appointment 25th. Cant wait! Makes it all seem real!
Xx

Me: 31 DH: 32
TTC 14 months
Results due 4 Jun
Shock BFP 26 May!
9 week scan 25th June - All good, and little beans heartbeat going ten to the dozen!
12 week scan done!
21 Week scan - a little girl!!

Baby Robyn Louise Matthews born 9 days early on the 18th January 2009 at 0048.
Absolutely Perfect Xx

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 10:08am

glad they have got you in for an early scan. it will put your mind at rest so much x

Reg: Mar 10th 2008

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 9:24am

Hi kate

I hope you are ok.
I stopped the Zita diet. I was having terrible headaches and dizziness. I will start it again just before the ivf. Waiting for the doc to let me have a date for the laporoscopy.
Me: 32, Hubby: 35
Hubby slightly low count sperm
Unexplained infertility
1st IUI :BFN:
2nd IUI :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd ICSI :BFN:
3rd ICSI probably in September

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Sunday, June 15th 2008, 10:48am

Yeah I suppose the diet from the book is not for everyone, she is very strict, I did most of what she recommended, hope all is going well with you. Got a diary see Kate and Nicks pregnancy diary, only pop in there once a week now, but love to hear from you and how your are doing.

Kate x
Katex jilly bab13

Reg: May 15th 2010

Friday, July 18th 2008, 9:04pm

1st scan - seems so long away!!!!

Hey everyone

We still have 3 weeks to go until 1st vaginal scan - it is soooo dragging in. We got out bfp after our first go at fet.

What I am finding myself doing now on this forum is looking more intently at the history of each member. For example after bfp did they miscarry etc.

I guess as am so so happy and feel very lucky to get our bfp I am worrying myself sick incase anything goes wrong.

I'm sure am not the only one who feels the first scan wait a drag.

I read somewhere on the internet that 50% of pregnancies result in miscarriage or other - are the odds as high as that??????????

Sorry for going on - I wish I could sit back and stop worrying........

Thanks for reading

Claire
xx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Friday, July 18th 2008, 9:30pm

RE: 1st scan - seems so long away!!!!

Congratulations on your BFP!

The 1st few days and weeks of pg bring so many emotions, excitement, happiness, but also alot of worry and anxiety.

Now I know it is easier said then done, but googling, looking things up, reading statistics etc, can worry you even more, and often un - necessarily.

At the beginning of pg it can be hard, pg symptoms may not have started yet, or you may even be lucky and not get many! You aren't visibly pg, and haven't had a scan yet.
Again, it's much easier said then done, but try to focus on your bfp, and that you have no reason, at this moment, to think anything is wrong.
In doing that, it may help you relax just a bit (and I do know relaxing and not worrying in pg is hard!!), and enjoy these early days of your pg.

xxx

<

Friday, July 18th 2008, 9:44pm

Thanks for your kind reply Compley

I know I need to stop looking things up - I should be appreciating the fact we have got our bfp rather than worrying about what could go wrong.

Thanks again I will try to be more positive until our scan!!!

Your wee one is gorgeous by the way!!

Claire
xx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Friday, July 18th 2008, 10:06pm

Aww thanks, we think he is gorgeous, but then we are biased!!!

I know how hard it is to be positive, and believe me I google with the best of them! :innocent: so know just where you are coming from, and have had times when dh has said 'you aren't looking up such and such are you?' to which i reply 'noooo', and then hastily shut the computer down, and realise he is right!!!

As always, the support and friendship from fz, and your 1st tri buddies, can really help you through these 1st weeks, as you're all in the same boat, going through, and feeling so many similar emotions.

One of the things I really enjoyed in the first weeks, was that unless I told them, people didn't know I was pg, and it felt like a special secret between me and my baby, it was really nice!

Really hope you are able to enjoy the time, until your scan, as much as you can.

xxx

<

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 11:29pm

Step away from the Google machine! Worrying yourself with statistics is torture and you musn't do it! If you want some statistics, here's some. Only around 30% of people get pregnant through IVF and even less from FET so you are in that wonderful statistic! You must now sit back and revel in the wonderful state of being pregnant. Look after yourself, listen to your body and mind and enjoy it hun. It's a precious time. Wishing you all the best and hope the time til your scan goes quickly.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 9:10pm

Thanks Mrs Smiff

I know what you're saying - I should feel grateful that we have got this far and stop being selfish.

DH has told quite a few folk already and I'm scared incase this tempts anything bad to happen.

I will try to keep positive - promise.

Thanks for replying

xxxxx

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 10:16pm

Hi hun
DH told everyone the day after I got my bfp. I went mad as I thought it was tempting fate - but thankfully all turned out well. I think the whole world knew via his motormouth when we found out it was twins and it was made worse by the fact that I hadn't told dd I was even pg as I knew what her reaction would be and it was X( Don't worry, you'll be fine. Keep smiling :smile:xxx
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lexie" (Jul 20th 2008, 10:16pm)

Monday, July 21st 2008, 7:46pm

Thanks Lexie

What beautiful babies and really lovely lovely names.

Thanks for your kind reply - I am trying to keep the pma going but this wait is dragging by!!!

Take care
xxxx

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 10:26am

Booking early private scans

Does anyone know how I would go about booking an early private scan? Is it a case of finding a private clinic to do it or do I need to contact a midwife/doctor to do it? I am really impatient, and this is going round in my mind all the time now and I just think that maybe I will be better off just knowing for sure everything is going ok. I wanna see my bubs! I have waited and waited and waited over the last couple of years. 4 2ww's! I want to wait no more!
I have 4 lovely big kids

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 11:02am

Mrs Smiff, I did one on saturday. Just ring a private clinic and they will give you an appointment. If you google it you will get a lot of private clinics who do the scans. Usually you do not need a letter from doctor/midwife. But wait till 6 weeks as they wont be able to see the heart beat before 6 weeks. They can see the gestational sac from 5 week onwards.

ICSI May 2008 - BFN
1st August- :BFP: (natural)

Baby Girl born on 04/04/2009

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 11:16am

Oh thanks Anita, thats great. I was thinking of booking it for the end of the week when I will be 6 weeks. I just want some reassurance I think. I know everything is ok, but I just want it confirmed!
I have 4 lovely big kids

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 11:42am

you are a impatient so and so hunni :P

if i were you i really would try and wait, its only another 11 days and if you have concerns all clinic and ask them

an early scan might cause more worry than its worth.......
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 11:48am

I know! It's a quandary isn't it? I am very impatient, you should know that by now Kara! It's not even that I have concerns I don't think. I just wanna see! Everything is going fine. No pains. I have sickness. My boobs are massive. Headaches. I should just wait shouldn't I. But then again.....
I have 4 lovely big kids

Peppa

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 12:09pm

I'm impatient too and would probably be thinking the same thing :snigger: Like Kara said, could cause more worry but then again might put your mind at rest and save you days of worry - it's hard to say but you are still very early on and there is a huge chance that they won't see what you want them to see, not for another week or so.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 12:53pm

I think I am going to leave it to be honest. DH isn't gonna be around anyway until the early part of next week, and I wouldn't want to have a first scan without him being there. I am just gonna have to be more patient! Somebody slap me if I start banging on about it again!
I have 4 lovely big kids

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 17th 2008

Children: 21 year old son and 24 year old son

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 1:12pm

Dont worry I feel the same just want confirmation everything is ok. I seem to have waited ages for my scan and I still have 9 days to wait but I figure I will be 8 weeks by then so everything should be fairly clear. This is worse than the 2ww :hairout:

Me 45 DF 44
1 m/c 2004
1st ICSI BFP Mm/c 11 weeks 2008
4 ICSI x 4 BFN[/color
2 x DE cycle BFN
2x FET DE cycle BFN
1 x FET DE cycle BFP!!!!!!!

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 1:16pm

Isn't it just! I am gonna be 6 weeks and 6 days on my scan at the clinic, so they should be able to pick up a heartbeat (or two maybe!) I think what I really wanna know is how many I've got! I reckon it's only one, but I would so love it to be two!

I shall count down to your scan Nicole, cos everyone elses always seem to come quicker, then I shall only have 2 days to wait! You're like me though, having older kids. Did you have early scans with either of yours? I had to wait til 20 weeks with all mine as there was no such thing as 12 weeks scans unless you were in a high risk category! I can remember going to all of em thinking, oh god, what if there's nothing there! Bonkers really as I was already feeling movement by then and was the size of a small barn!
I have 4 lovely big kids

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrs_smiff" (Aug 17th 2008, 1:17pm)

julie

Reg: Jul 19th 2008

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 11:27am

hi not sure if im writgn in teh rigt place but im havign a bit of a panic - im due for my 7week scan thursday and im so scared that there will be nothign there! i havent had any i sickness of preg symptons apart from tender boobs - very tender mainly in teh morning can anyone help put my mind at rest?? i know its only 2 days !
JC

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 12:00pm

Hi there Julie. Hope you don;t mind but I started a new thread with your post.

Sorry to hear you are worried about your scan. Lots of women go through pregnancy with no symptoms at all so your lack of symptoms is no reason to think that anything is wrong.
I know the first scan can be very worrying, but try not to panic right now. As you said, only 2 days to go - try to keep your mind off it in the next 48 hours. Tidy your wardrobe, go for a walk, bake a cake, watch some rubbish tv. I know it sounds silly but keeping busy will help to take your mind off it.
xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 12:05pm

Hi,

There's a discussion about symptoms here which shows that many women are worried about a lack of or fluctuation of symptoms.....

fluctuating symptoms?

Reg: Apr 18th 2008

Children: one 5yr old boy

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 12:25pm

i didnt even know i was pregnant till i was 6 weeks. and then it was a fluke i found out. i had NO symptoms at all till i was about 12 weeks (expanding waistline!!) dont worry i'm sure everything will be fine xxx
Carly xx

TTC...3.5yrs
10/04/06 BFP
26/06/06 M/C
22/02/08 DH 1st SA (room for improvenment)
13/03/08 Progesterone bloods done (fine)
24/06/08 Hycosy (all ok)
24/06/08 DH 2nd SA (room for improvement)

julie

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 3:18pm

thanks Peeps thats really helpful - its nearly wednesday so i can report back with good news on thursday!

xx
JC

livia34

Reg: Jan 14th 2008

Children: 1 daughter Rowan

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:08pm

hiya

i had my 7 week scan yesterday and up until then i had no real symptoms either, other than sore boobs really. i even did another pregnancy test the day before just to make sure. I was quite nervous too but it was fine and they found a heartbeat and it was amazing. Feel properly pregnant. Good luck for tomorrow.

Liviaxx

julie

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 8:38am

thanks - my boobs havent hurt this morning thats made me worry again!! still not long now!!

congrats on being really pregnant - can i ask does it take long for then to find the heart beat?
JC

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "julie" (Sep 3rd 2008, 9:24am)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 10:06am

Only one more sleep to go Julie!

About the heartbeat, they should be able to see it more or less immediatedly.

Good luck for tomorrow.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 10:38am

Julie, just to reassure you, you are perfectly normal! You will worry before every scan you have. With my previous pregnancies I only had 20 weeks scans, and I still worried then that they wouldn't find anything, even though I was the size of a barn and felt my babies kicking! It's the neurotic pregnancy brain that does it! Hope you enjoy your scan and the rest of your pregnancy!
I have 4 lovely big kids

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 7:01pm

Hi Julie

Good luck for tomorrow - am sure you will be just fine. As other ladies have said I think you worry about every scan. I have my 2nd one on Tuesday and am feeling a tad nervous even though a heartbeat has been seen already!!!!

I think the full 9 months will be a worry until our wee treasures are in our arms hehe.

Good luck

Claire
xxx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 10:08am

Good luck for today Julie. x

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 10:10am

good luck today hun- hope everything is ok.x

babydust

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 10:19am

Good luck hun!

xxx

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

• "gayle1803" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 11:40am

Good luck for today
xxxx

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 2:18pm

I felt exactly the same for my early scan...only natural.x
Good luck.x
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

julie

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 6:05pm

hello all,

thanks so much for all your wishes today - amazing day seeing our little heartbeat for the first time!

cant stop looking at my little picture, feeling a bit more pregnant now i have seen the heart beating away!

roll on the next 5 weeks!

Thanks again your all such a support.

CLAIRE - good luck for tuesday ill be thinking of you.xxx

Big love

julie xxxxxxxxxxxx
JC

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: 1 son conceived naturally(no idea how) 1 m/c april 6th 2010:(

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 6:11pm

glad everything went well chick
:jilly:
ttc since july 2007.
5 x clomid no ov :(
april 08 to march 09 3stone 4lb lost
1 m/c april 2010 :(
our ttx journey has ended

Reg: May 20th 2007

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:48pm

Glad all went well for you, the waiting's awful isnt it x

Reg: Apr 18th 2008

Children: one 5yr old boy

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:49pm

glad everything went ok xx
Carly xx

TTC...3.5yrs
10/04/06 BFP
26/06/06 M/C
22/02/08 DH 1st SA (room for improvenment)
13/03/08 Progesterone bloods done (fine)
24/06/08 Hycosy (all ok)
24/06/08 DH 2nd SA (room for improvement)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:49pm

Pleased it all went well

x

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 8:11pm

Hey Julie

So happy everything went well for you. I bet you feel so much better. Seeing the heartbeat is so emotional isn't it.

Take care
Claire
xxx

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:35pm

Glad all went well at your scan, you must be delighted now :happy:
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests