You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "carolinea" started this thread

Reg: Jul 25th 2007

Thursday, August 9th 2007, 10:38pm

OHSS....help.......

Hi Ladies,

Don't know if anyone can help with this question, but thought I would ask.

I have just got my :BFP: with my first attempt at ICSI.....very lucky.
I have moderate OHSS and I feel it is getting worse.
As advised my my clinic I need to wait a few days to see if days to see if my tummy goes down before I go the the A&E department of local hospital.
At the moment I am so swollen I look at least 4/5 months pregnant.......when I am only 4 and a bit weeks. I am not a big girl ....5'3 and size 12/14.
I am unable to eat a great deal and the breathing is a little shallow.

I have been given anti clotting injections to take for the next two weeks.
Just when I thought when the injections were all over and done with !!!!

Has anyone else experienced this before ? Also if so what medical attention did you receive and how long did it take for the swelling to go down ?

Many Thanks Carolinea
ONE DS SEP 2002
ECTOPIC - FEB 2006. LEFT TUBE REMOVED.
TRYING FOR THREE YEARS FOR BABY NBR 2.

1ST ICSI JUL/AUG 2007 - :BFP: PLEASE STAY.

:angel2:

• "londonchic" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 18th 2005

Friday, August 10th 2007, 9:24am

hi carolinea

I had this- two days after e/c then it settles but flared up when I got a positive test. Its truly awful and I was admitted to hospital for a few days as I was so bloated I couldnt walk or breathe properly. I was given a protein drip and my fluid input/output was measured

It took about 11 weeks to settle entirely- my ovaries were still very swollen at my 12 week scan

If your breathing becomes difficult or the pain becomes unbearable then ring the clinic back or go to a&E as it can be a very serious condition

Reg: Apr 15th 2006

Friday, August 10th 2007, 9:48am

Hi carolinea,

My advise is to go to the A&E, ohss can get even worse, I was suffering and still am from it, and I know how your feelig about the breathing, you need to get this checked out with your local hosputal, they will then look after you, you need to make sure the water is going in and if your too bloated they will give you a drip and monitor how much is coming back out. you will probably be in for a week, and it will be boring but you will be in the best place. your tummy will not go down cos I suggered moderate ohss and it seems to be clearing up now but I still look like Im 6 months pregnant, I was asked the other day if I was ready to go into labour, and Im only 5 weeks gone! I really hope that you go to your a&e and get better carolinea, goodluck xxx

me 26
Got blocked tubes and cysts
icsi march 07 :BFN:
ICSI(assisted hatchng) in june :BFP:
Harley Joseph born April 2008

• "carolinea" started this thread

Reg: Jul 25th 2007

Sunday, August 12th 2007, 6:32pm

Hi Ladies,

Thank you very much for your reply's.........sorry I have been a bit delayed in getting back to you. I have spent the last three nights in hospital with moderate OHSS !!!! Deep joy.

I have been let out today but need to go back tomorrow for more blood test's.
Just as you mention I was monitored for fluid in and out and was asked serveral times when I am due !!!!! It is quite strange when you say I am only 4 and a half weeks..............................when I look about 5/6 months.

The doctors have said it will take weeks for the swelling to go down.............but they did not mention up to 11 weeks.................how do you keep quite about the pregnancy or did you tell everyone ?

I have this week off work but I was going to try and go back next week, but it looks like everyone will know now.

Thanks very much for your support.

Carolinea
ONE DS SEP 2002
ECTOPIC - FEB 2006. LEFT TUBE REMOVED.
TRYING FOR THREE YEARS FOR BABY NBR 2.

1ST ICSI JUL/AUG 2007 - :BFP: PLEASE STAY.

:angel2:

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Saturday, October 6th 2007, 1:20pm

I alos have slight OHSS and didnt even realise until I was at my first scan last week.

I have to go back @ 10 weeks for another scan to keep a check on it, but I have only *TOUCH WOOD* had niggles and slight ache, to be honest I thought that was from the uterus stretching - until told otherwise.

I'm nearly 9weeks now-so I guess it should go down and fizzle out completely soon.

Does anyone have any remidies on how to deal with the pain aches - or can anything apart from Paracetomol be taken to relieve the more moderate OHSS sufferers??

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Saturday, October 6th 2007, 1:26pm

Hi - Congratulations!
I had this with my ICSI and had the same symptoms as you - I think you can be drained of the fluid - not sure if the fluid comes back though.... speak to your cons and see what he/she says..... good luck
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Monday, October 8th 2007, 12:40pm

hi carolinea

Firstly congratualtions on your bfp. I have moderate ohss, it was awful. I had to measure what I drank and what I wee'd each day and report back to my ivf consultant, it was so very very painful and I could barely walk.

the bad news is that my belly didn't go down for so long, about 4-5 months. At my 20 week scan, my ovaries were still very large. When my belly went down, I still did not look very pg, but belive me, I did in the end!

It all so worth it though as I have an amazing beautiful little girl!! Good luck and one day soon it will be a distant memory
Lisa

:xxx3:

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
DD arrived Feb 2007 at 37 weeks and 6 days
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE