You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Peppermint Patty" started this thread

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:08pm

How did you feel at 5 weeks?

Sorry, i just am very worried... The first day of my last af was the 23rd june - so i think i am 5 weeks and 3 days - but i have a 35 day cycle.

All i feel is sleepy - nips are a little tender if i (sorry) pinch them a little, but nothing else. my tummy has popped out a bit and i think my breasts feel firmer but not tender at all...and a few twinges in my tummy on and off.....is this normal? arent i meant to have ewcm or big tender bbs or be feeling a lot more?

i am injecting progesterone and was told that would heighten all my symptoms....but there arent that many at all!

how did you feel this early on?
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

• "spangle" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:11pm

ever pg is different hun, some of my pg i felt nothing and some i had full on symptoms, try not to worry, i always felt to normal! (first time i have ever felt normal lol)

How did the scan go?
10 IVF's 4 FET
4 PG all ended in m/c
Mummy to 5 angels

Reg: Apr 25th 2007

Children: 2 beautiful children - twins, Emily and Ethan born 06.02.2008

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:15pm

Hi PP,
Try not to worry too much. At about 5 weeks I only really had tender breasts if I lay on them or poked them (but I have biggish boobs anyway and they usually hurt around AF). I also felt a bit tired and not much else. It's easy to look at a lot of the girls on here and think they are hacing loads of symptoms - why am I not, but it's totally normal not to have many symptoms (or any at all) and it really is a bit of a waiting game. I kept being told - if there is no bleeding then don't worry!! I would say the same to you - try and enjoy not having many symptoms and just revel in being pregnant!!
blowkiss
Cookie Jo
Me - 33 DH - 37
2 dogs
1st IVF - :BFP: Emily and Ethan born on the 6th February 2008.

6 frosties & currently TTC naturally before taking the plunge again!

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:16pm

thanks spangle. they saw a yolk sac, but cons are always so serious and not wanting to lead you on that you are just left confused... dh said i should go for a hgc test to put my mind at ease ( and i guess it would stop me from driving him nuts! ) so may do that on thursday - i feel like such a bug....really wish they would invent them for home use!
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:18pm

thanks a lot cookiejo - am sitting her like some nut poking different bits of my bbs! :)
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06

• "spangle" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:22pm

Patty, when i was expecting twins i went to guys for a scan, they boys were spot on BUT guys put such a downer on it all i left feeling so upset, it is just their way of not building up your hopes!

Go to your local EPU, tell them you are pg but dont know how far and they you are having pain (make up any excuse!) they will scan you and run some blood tests, dont get it done at guys (1 it is too far and 2 the are so slow at getting the results back!)

A yolk sac is fab news!!
10 IVF's 4 FET
4 PG all ended in m/c
Mummy to 5 angels

Reg: Apr 25th 2007

Children: 2 beautiful children - twins, Emily and Ethan born 06.02.2008

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:24pm

Don't poke too hard - the babies need them in good condition!! Also, you might find on some days they aren't sore at all! I occasionally find that as well!
Cookie Jo
Me - 33 DH - 37
2 dogs
1st IVF - :BFP: Emily and Ethan born on the 6th February 2008.

6 frosties & currently TTC naturally before taking the plunge again!

Reg: Feb 4th 2007

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:31pm

PP everyone is different, some have lots of symptoms and some have hardly any - me being the latter - i am now 9 weeks tomorrow and have only had soar and swollen boobs and have wretched a couple of times but thats it. Like cookie said reading on here and seeing that people have lots of symptoms doesn't mean cos you don't have any that there is something wrong. At 5 weeks i only had soar boobs and was a little tired.
I know how you feel, i worry all the time.
If a hcg test will put your mind at ease then do so.
I had a scan at 7 weeks and then another scan at 8 weeks - i said that if everything was ok at my 8 wk scan then i would be fine and wouldn't worry any more - but i still worry and think i will until 12 weeks and see the scan - haven't reached that far before.

Sending you love and hugs :hugs: :hugs:

Me 28 DH 29
TTC 4 1/2 yrs
MC 2004 7wks MC 2005 11 wks
ICSI Dec 2006
Cancelled after EC:high risk OHSS
11 Frosties
Nat Fet March 07 BFN
7 Frosties :)
Med Fet May 07 BFP
VERY SHOCKING NAT BFP MAY 09

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 5:40pm

thanks everyone, i think i will try to be sensible and hold out for another scan in 10 days or if i break then go in for a hgc test on thurs...
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 6:40pm

Hi didnt really feel much until about 8wks.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 6:42pm

Hi PP, every single person and every pregnancy is different I think. I can honestly say that I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms at all until I was about 8/9 weeks (well, none that I can remember so they can't have been very noticeable!) and then they really kicked in and I suffered badly from morning (or rather, all day!) sickness etc.

Its hard to relax during the early stages I know so sending you calming thoughts and hugs!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 7:31pm

Hi PP to answer your question at five weeks I felt very very scared at being pg and as I was having AF pains thought it was a lie. I anaylised every twinge its terrifying being pg. I didn't dare move i felt quite down as i was so scared, I can't remember any symptoms until a bit later in 2nd tri, when i was sensitive to smell, i got sore boobs then too. I panicked that much that i had a scan at 6 wks and thats not proceedure here. I didn't find out i was pg until around 5-6 wks and i was fine until then.

I know how you feel hun and the only way you will feel better is seeing your results of scan or hgc but try and hold out a little longer as they will be better!

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Friday, September 14th 2007, 8:58am

(Sorry for bringing up old topics)

I'm 5 weeks now and I have swollen boobies and sore nipples, also my chest looks like a road map of England, it's all veiny. I'm popping out of my normal size bra's but just staying in them, switch to a sports bra in the house and have to let them free when I'm in bed.

My once nearly 6 pack stomach is now barely a 4 pack, the bottom part of my stomach is swollen or sticking out, even more so when I have trapped wind these days. I hope work dont get suspicious when I go back next week!!!
I have much more rounded everything and things are getting a little tighter in places.

SPOTS!!!

I'm only a little sensitive to strong smells at the moment and I threw up last night, but I'm not too sure that was sickness just yet, although I felt like i was very sea sick and had to lay down???

Back hurts a little but I'm putting that down to doing bugger all for the past few weeks (lazy mare me)

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, September 14th 2007, 10:46am

for both term pregnancies I felt absolutely nothing, except a strong adversion to coffee and a cat that was overly-cuddly - bizarre animal :8o:

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, September 14th 2007, 5:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by mrsantro
Sorry for bringing up old topics

I wondered who it was who was re-opening up all these old threads! Might have guessed. Hope you've found some useful stuff!

Quoted

I'm 5 weeks now and I have swollen boobies and sore nipples, also my chest looks like a road map of England, it's all veiny. I'm popping out of my normal size bra's but just staying in them, switch to a sports bra in the house and have to let them free when I'm in bed.

All very classic symptoms!! You might need two lots of maternity bras, one now and one when you've grown even more!! They tend to keep growing all the way through. It is much more comfy in a proper-fitting bra, so treat yourself to some in the next few weeks rather than suffer the popping out!

Quoted

My once nearly 6 pack stomach is now barely a 4 pack, the bottom part of my stomach is swollen or sticking out, even more so when I have trapped wind these days. I hope work dont get suspicious when I go back next week!!!
I have much more rounded everything and things are getting a little tighter in places.

What have you told work you were off for? If they know there's some "medical condition", they can assume you had to sit around recovering from your operation. Nobody seriously expects someone to look pregnant at 5 weeks! Your secret should be safe... unless you start throwing up. Hard to hide, that one. :P

Quoted

I'm only a little sensitive to strong smells at the moment and I threw up last night, but I'm not too sure that was sickness just yet, although I felt like i was very sea sick and had to lay down???

Could well be morning sickness, unless you're often sick usually(?!) Could get worse, but at least you'll be reassured that everything is fine inside!

Quoted

Back hurts a little but I'm putting that down to doing bugger all for the past few weeks (lazy mare me)

Bet you never thought you'd say that, seeing as you used to be a gym bunny!! Any plans on going back to the gym? I'm a *big* fan of exercise during pregnancy (if you're the fit sort normally). I ran throughout both my pregnancies, and was on the treadmill only a few hours before giving birth! Do ask me questions if you want to know more, as I read up quite a lot of scientific stuff about it.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Friday, September 14th 2007, 5:31pm

Hey Limpet, yes Its me asking a million and one questions as my mind is running away with itself at the minute.

I just told work it was personal womens promblems that I'd had forever and they were satisfied with that.

I have been thinking about the gym as Im still paying my gym membership.
I'd really like to think I could carry on going and use the treadmills in moderation and a few light weights as well as incorporating swimming after 3months, at the moment I've very weary about walking the bleeding stairs as any twinge and I'm jumping on the couch to lay down!!!

I really want to build my stamina and CV back up and general exercise for the birth as I think it would give me an added advantage and hopefully allow the body to recover quicker.

Has anyone actually exercises through their pregnancies, if so - did you do it all the way through or at a certain point/stage, what did you avoid and what can you recommend???

Lcli

Star

Reg: Apr 13th 2012

Friday, September 14th 2007, 5:46pm

Mrs A, I do a lot of yoga. I have kind of put in on hold for the moment but plan to continue, in a moderate way, very soon. excercie is good providing you don't do anything too strenuous. :D

Friday, September 14th 2007, 5:59pm

Thanks Lisa, when do you plan going back??

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, September 15th 2007, 2:30am

I did a lot of swimming in the early stages but around 7 months I stopped as I got too worried about slipping & falling.

Your sesnse of balance in the pool though with a belly is completely screwed up! :D

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE