You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Morganna

• "Morganna" started this thread

Reg: Jul 1st 2007

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 6:20pm

Ovulation without fertile cervical fluid

Hello all,

Just a very quick question. It seems like I have ovulated, however I did not have fertile cervical fluid during that time. I did have some very strechy cervical fluid but it was two days after my ovulation and it only lasted for one day.

Has anyone else experienced this, either a lack of cervical fluid or fertile fluid after your ovulation?

I'm not on Clomid which I know can effect your cervical fluid. I have been trying ovulation sticks but don't seem to be getting on well with them. I may try the digi version of them.

I am thinking about taking Robitussin cough syrup which I know can possibly improve your amount of cervical fluid and also using Pre-Seed, the lube which isn't hostile to sperm.

I've had a sustained temperature shift, which so far has lasted four days. If it continues, I'll know that I've ovulated, but the lack of cervical fluid is making me question it.

Any advice would be appreciated

- Morg

TTC our first baby together.
Me - Possible fertility problem (PCOS?)
Him - Diabetes type 1
baby2

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Morganna" (Jul 25th 2007, 6:26pm)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 6:33pm

Are you on any medication?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Morganna

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 6:40pm

Hi Eeyore,

Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not. Thats why I'm confused by it. I can't really think of any reason why my body didn't produce any. I checked internally and I only had 'lotiony' type cervical fluid.

- Morg

Him - Diabetes type 1
baby2

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 6:47pm

The CM method does not work for all women.

If the CM is not changing during your cycle, you may need to gather more of it, look more closely at small changes, and check more often.

If you are not able to retrieve or see any CM, you may not be inserting your finger deep enough, not ovulating, or simply don't have changing mucus

You should first try to insert your finger deeper into the vagina to extract CM. If this does not work, don't worry about it, you may just have to use another method to detect ovulation.

Some girls on here have used the ferning method which may be something to consider

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Morganna

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 7:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Eeyore
If this does not work, don't worry about it, you may just have to use another method to detect ovulation.

Yes, I think thats true. I'm been checking it daily throughout my cycle and inserting my finger deep - hell, I even got my Other Half to do it (gotta love that man, he is not phased by anything!). But there was certainly no fertile fluid until two days following my ovulation.

I think I've ovulated but I'm not going to fully believe it until my temperature stays up for at least a few more days.

Yes, the ferning method is something to definately consider.

I think we shall just have to err on the side of caution and have sex during all of the week when I might be ovulating on my next cycle, if there isn't going to be a way for my to pinpoint ovulation until after its already happened.

What does worry me a little, is sperm survival if I'm not producing suitable cervical fluid, as I believe this is important due to the vagina's natural acidity. I am hoping that Pre-Seed will help in this matter.

- Morg

Him - Diabetes type 1
baby2

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Morganna" (Jul 25th 2007, 7:10pm)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE