You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 12:08pm

Ooooh Kirsty....just seen this thread sorry hun!!

Hope all is well and you are coming back home soon.
Those babies are starting to get impatient huh?
Take good care and rest up loads hunni.

Big hugs

Minxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TTC 4 yrs
ICSI Feb 2005 BFP - early MC :(
3 x DIUI Oct05/Jan06/Mar06 BFN
Starting 2nd ICSI Dec 2006

OMG!! a real :BFP: 7/2/07

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 12:54pm

Take care Kirsty and bump.

Take it easy now

:hugs: :hugs:

xxxxx

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 12:58pm

looking forward to seeing you back later kirst.

bet you cant wait to get some proper grub and a good nights sleep

xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Aug 3rd 2006

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 1:31pm

RE: update on my update !!

Bless her hope everything is ok with babies and herself xxx
Finally
Beautiful Son Charlie William Born 15/01/08 weighing 9lbs 3oz :innocent:

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 8:24pm

Any news??

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 9:18pm

glad she went and got checked out- send our love and best wishes when you speak to her.
x

• "cazzmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Monday, July 9th 2007, 8:22am

Hi All
Kirsty is home and fine - babies are also fine. She went straight to bed, bless her, and will be online later.

Take is easy now hunni

Caz xxx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Monday, July 9th 2007, 8:35am

So pleased all's ok, thanks for letting us know.

xxx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

cookie

Superstar

Monday, July 9th 2007, 9:08am

glad you are back kirsty! see ya later :hugs:

k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Monday, July 9th 2007, 12:25pm

I'm back!!!

Hiya peeps, thanks for all your messages .... and a massive thanks to Cazz for being my link to the outside world blowkiss

First off .... how crappy are hospitals??? ?( Hopefully won't have to go back before babies are born (which will be weeks and weeks away she says trying to convince herself :rolleyes: )

Was having regular BH from about wednesday last week, which were not painful but were around 6-7 minutes apart. Asked Rose who said prolly a good idea to get it checked out (thanks hunni), so went to the fetal assesment unit .... they checked the babies over, all fine ... but the contractions were showing on the CTG as being frequent and measuring around 70% on the monitor ... so quite strong. Still no pain, and honestly ... no different from how they had been for a good few days. They checked to see if I was dilating (lovin' that :thumbsup2: )... and said I was 1-2 cm, which is apparently normal for women who have had vag deliveries before. They said that they wanted to keep me in overnight to check on the contractions and so they could be certain I was not in labour. So was admitted to the ward. Was strapped to the monitor again later that evening and still showing the same ... but maybe a tad more regular ... around 4-5 minutes apart, but no pain and no stronger, babies kicking about plenty, and their heartrates coping fine with the tightenings. Next morning, strapped to the monitor again ... same situation, no different, doctor comes round and doesn't know what to do with me :rolleyes: didn't want to send me home just incase the babies did decide they wanted out, but didn't want to keep me in forever if this is just the way my body is. They decide to give me the steroid shots to mature the babies lungs just in case, with a second 24 hours later. They say they want to keep me in till the 2nd shot is administered and will let me go once the steroids are on board so discharge the next evening (Sun).
They gave me the first shot (massive IM needle, in the arse ...never had one before ... made my leg go numb humph ), and monitored me through the day ... again no change ... though my stomach was starting to get sore with all the tightening .... a bit like doing sit ups for days on end :rolleyes: Not that i've ever done that ... but you get my point ;)
Next morning I got the 2nd shot, and more monitoring, doc came round and wasn't gonna let me go :tear: as the contractions were not calming down. Eventually they decided to check to see if the 2 days worth of contractions they had seen me have had made any difference to how dilated I was ... checked again, and still 1-2cm happydance ... so they said I could go :party: .

Now I've had the steroids they're happier that the babies will cope if they come early, but have warned me (repeatedly :rolleyes: ) that if anything changes, then straight back in ... I kind of got the feeling they don't expect it to be much longer, and that the babies will arrive in the next couple of weeks or so ... I hope not, but i'm happier that their lungs will be ready.

Maybe i'm being a bit náive but I think they will be in there for a little longer ... I remember having regular BH when pg with DS, and nothing came of it. Just glad they've had the steroids.

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Monday, July 9th 2007, 12:42pm

biggrin2 Sounds like you had a fun time!
Glad you're out of there and hope them babies keep cooking for a good few weeks and more. Listen to the doctors though :listen straight back if anything changes!!

we've been worried about you chicken, so gald all is ok

xxx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

• "londonchic" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 18th 2005

Monday, July 9th 2007, 12:48pm

oh kirsty, glad everything is ok with you and the babes. That steroid shot is a stinger isnt it? I hope you can get to at least 35 weeks hun xx

KIRSTY G

Monday, July 9th 2007, 12:55pm

Cheers girls ... i'm sure everything is A-OK ....

cookie

Superstar

Monday, July 9th 2007, 1:19pm

keep your feet up cocker and let your boys spoil you till the lil ones arrive.
hope it is weeks yet, but like you have said it must be nice to know you did the best thing and get checked out....you have had the steroid just incase ;)

:hugs:

love k xxx

Reg: Oct 9th 2005

Monday, July 9th 2007, 1:56pm

must have been really scary for you kirsty, glad everything is ok now, look after yourself x
1st IVF-bfn
1st FET-bfn
ovarian drilling
2nd IVF bfp-Missed miscarriage September 05
2nd FET-bfn 6 April 06
3rd FET- 7th june 06 bfn
3rd IVF- PGD-19 November 06 BFP :)
Hoping it's 6th time lucky for us
me 37 dh 36
PCOS-Metformin 1500mg/ttc 5yrs
CS 11 July

BABY ERIN BORN 11 JULY 2007 WEIGHING 7LB 10

• "cazzmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Monday, July 9th 2007, 2:23pm

Hiya Honey !!

Soglad you are back and all is ok. You really do need to rest up now and keep those little ones comfy. It's comforting that they've had the steroid shots but any more signals and it's straight back to hossie !!
(You did say watch me pack up work and have the babies straight after :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Caz xxx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

KIRSTY G

Monday, July 9th 2007, 4:14pm

It's crazy y'know ... I didn't even get to go home after finishing work on Friday ... still had my office get-up on and everything :laugh:

Very nearly didn''t even get any maternity leave at all :scared:

Feet are now firmly up, with ice lolly in hand (medicinal :yes: ) ... and will stay that way for a good while yet ... :)

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Monday, July 9th 2007, 8:45pm

Glad you are home Kirsty. Now you rest up, eat your lollies and please do go to hospital if any twinges etc but I hope that you don't suffer them til you are properly ready.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Monday, July 9th 2007, 8:52pm

glad all is well kirsty- put your feet up and rest now please!
x

lenniep

Reg: Sep 5th 2006

Monday, July 9th 2007, 9:12pm

glad to hear you and the little ones are ok. take care of yourself and enjoy your maternity leave

me 33
dh 37
ds 12
ttc 9 yrs

[url=http://lilypie.com]

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE