You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 4:59am

Seriously looking at buggies now I've reached 26 weeks (obsessively as it is 5am!). Can't find any mention here of the Jane Twin Pro. Does anyone here have one and can give some feedback?

I've just seen one in action (briefly) at a twin antenatal group and DP actually seemed to like it (he's normally not the most enthusiastic about pram decisions). What I liked about it is it's able to use the Matrix Car Seats which are the ones which lie totally flat (the Powertwin Pro doesn't) which makes it rear facing until they grow out of these, I think they are also Isofix, which would be a bonus.

Problem is it's expensive new - in excess of £700 with the Matrix car seats, so hoping to pick one up on ebay....

Oh and can anyone confirm whether Emmaljunga is the same as Mountain Buggy?

This pram buying gets even more confusing with double buggies, I'm sure!

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Reg: Dec 16th 2008

Children: No

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 12:26pm

Hi Roxy

We have bought the power twin pro with two Strata car seats, I don't know how it will be to use but it seems to be the only pram that will go through my front door and that I can take cross country and on sand. My SIL has one for her toddler & baby and she loves it.

TTC 10 Years Finally got to ICSI No1 Jan 09 :BFN:
ICSI No 2 Aug 09 :BFP:
Two lovely little girls born by planned c-section 27/04/10 at 38 weeks
Isabelle 6lb 2oz bab10 & Amber 6lb 8oz bab10

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 5:56pm

Thanks for resurrecting this thread - it's been a really useful read.

After watching some demos on youtube, this is my frontrunner at the moment:
Out n About Nipper Double 360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-8bZcxrt4
Does anyone have any views on it?

Still ages before I go out and get mine, but I like to plan ahead.... :smile:
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 6:06pm

Aiwah

Great choice, I'm well documented as loving my Nipper 360 it's GREAT! Any questions just ask!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

roxy7

Star

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 8:16pm

:hmm: I am currently torn between 3 buggies: one side-by-side, the Nipper 360 (seems very popular and know lots of people who love it). It is so light and useful for off roading but not rear facing and no car seat option.

Then there's two tandems - the Jane Powertwin Pro - advantages seem to be its 3 wheels (we live near a park/wood so need off roading capabilities) and the fact that the car seats give you some rear facing capacity for at least as long as the babies are in them - the 3rd option is the Jane Twin Duo with Matrix car seats. These have the advantage of having car seats that double as carry cots in which baby can lie flat but the pram is a four (or more!) wheeler and pretty long so cumbersome. I have still not worked out if one or either of the Janes have isofix bases.

It is so confusing even when you've narrowed it down. I've a friend who's got a Jane Powertwin for sale and I'm going to have a test drive but if I then have to buy two new strata car seats and ? two isofix bases, it could still work out really expensive for a semi-secondhand travel system.

Jane also a decent buggy board and as we have a toddler, this would be useful - you can buy a buggy board for the Nipper 360 but apparently it sticks out a long way.

Does anyone have any comments on these choices? I've a feeling that if we could get the Powertwin Pro with the car seats and secondhand isofix bases, that could be the best option....

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "roxy7" (Jan 31st 2010, 8:17pm)

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 8:50pm

Roxy we've just started looking at prams and I totally understand what you mean about the confusing nature. DH has decided against a Tandem he doesn't like the idea of them not being able to see each other after they've been together for 9months, ahhhhhhhh he does have a sensitive side. Anyway we've struggled to actually see any twin system as most of th eshops near us have the same ones in. ANyway we quite like the Nipper 360 and the City Mini. I really liked the City Mini as it has two separate hoods and was very very easy to fold up but I can't remember what it was like to stear so will have to look at it again. Our friend has a mountian buggy which she uses for her twins and absolutely loves it. I have pushed it and it was fine even with the two of them in however I'm a bit put off by the price.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 8:58pm

Great choice, I'm well documented as loving my Nipper 360 it's GREAT! Any questions just ask!

Cheers indiechick! The only little niggle I have with it at the moment is about punctures and always having to keep the tyres pumped up (well that's what the reviewers say anyway). I've noticed a few comments about tyre slime - does it help?
I like how the buggy folds up into a small rectangular shape, which is more likely to fit in the back of my little suzuki swift rather than something that folds lengthways.

We resigned to the fact quite early on that we weren't going to find a decently priced buggy that took car seats, so we're going to just get them separately and disturb the kids when getting in and out of the car. Reason being is that the buggies that take car seats are either (a)tandems, which I didn't fancy as they tend to be quite long and me being just 5ft was worried I wouldn't be able to control them very well and also cos we'd rather the twins were side by side and not kicking each other in the back, (b)big and clumsy or (c)prohibitively expensive. We've decided on a couple of Recaro car seats (hubby says they are stylish!) and the isofix bases, which will fit Recaro car seats all the way up to age 4.

:smile:
TWINS!!

roxy7

Star

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 9:43pm

Cheers indiechick! The only little niggle I have with it at the moment is about punctures and always having to keep the tyres pumped up (well that's what the reviewers say anyway). I've noticed a few comments about tyre slime - does it help?
I like how the buggy folds up into a small rectangular shape, which is more likely to fit in the back of my little suzuki swift rather than something that folds lengthways.

We resigned to the fact quite early on that we weren't going to find a decently priced buggy that took car seats, so we're going to just get them separately and disturb the kids when getting in and out of the car. Reason being is that the buggies that take car seats are either (a)tandems, which I didn't fancy as they tend to be quite long and me being just 5ft was worried I wouldn't be able to control them very well and also cos we'd rather the twins were side by side and not kicking each other in the back, (b)big and clumsy or (c)prohibitively expensive. We've decided on a couple of Recaro car seats (hubby says they are stylish!) and the isofix bases, which will fit Recaro car seats all the way up to age 4.

I very much suspect we'll end up with a Nipper 360 as our second pram and we'll probably try to buy a well used one off ebay as we just want it for bashing up and down to the local beauty spot which is DP's regular walk to get our son out of the house when I need a break. Having some experience of these issues with our singleton, I'm not sure it's possible to survive with just one pram! We initially bought a Loola because we were fixated with the baby facing us (and he certainly slept better in this position when he could see us). However, onc he got bigger, the Loola was a pain to get up pavements and over lumpy bumpy land (typical of the woodland walk I mentioned) so we ended up using a given to us ancient Alurax 3 wheeler which we still use to this day and which DP says is his favourite pram. We've also bought a 25 quid mamu buggy from M&Ps which my mum keeps at her house.

I worry about spending 100s of pounds unnecessarily and I have to say that I felt the Jane Twin Two was like steering a bus (I'm 5'1") whereas this didn't seem to be an issue for DP (6'3"). If we can test drive my friend's Powertwin Pro and that feels okay, it may be the best of both worlds but, as you say Aiwah, maybe tandems by their nature are all long and cumbersome? We'll see...

Thanks for the advice you've given already ladies. The 360 and the Powertwin Pro do seem to be well loved by their owners!

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "roxy7" (Jan 31st 2010, 9:45pm)

roxy7

Star

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 9:48pm

Seriously looking at buggies now I've reached 26 weeks (obsessively as it is 5am!). Can't find any mention here of the Jane Twin Pro. Does anyone here have one and can give some feedback?

R x

I meant the Jane Twin Two (it was 5am and I conflated the names - sorry!)

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

roxy7

Star

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 10:08pm

Well girls please dont think I'm mad but Ive just bought another buggy, the Mountain Buggy Urban double http://www.pushchairs.co.uk/acatalog/urban_double_red.html I'm selling my First Wheels because again although i love it, the seats dont seem big enough and I had the twins in the other day with their snowsuits on and they looked squashed. Apparantly this goes up to 4 years old.. Anyone have any idea where I can get some nice foormuffs to fit it which are not too expensive?

Lexie, you said your Leebrus Zoom was your last twin pram purchase - naughty :snigger:

How did you get on with the Leebrus BTW? It looks gorgeous but very long...?

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, February 1st 2010, 9:55am

Hey ladies

The Nipper does fold very neatly and fits in the back of my Fiesta with the parcel shelf off, very light weight and great off road. We take the buggy off road every single day and have only ever had 1 puncture in 9 months. the tyre slim is a must in my opinion!

For those thinking of the Jane power twin, I have two blue Jane Rebel car seats (Fits on to powertwin and twin two with adaptors) that I will be selling in the next few weeeks. Both are in immaculate condition and so if your interested let me know and I'll send you pics etc. Will be looking for £20 per seat plus postage.

x

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Indiechick" (Feb 1st 2010, 10:08am)

roxy7

Star

Monday, February 1st 2010, 12:30pm

Hey ladies

The Nipper does fold very neatly and fits in the back of my Fiesta with the parcel shelf off, very light weight and great off road. We take the buggy off road every single day and have only ever had 1 puncture in 9 months. the tyre slim is a must in my opinion!

For those thinking of the Jane power twin, I have two blue Jane Rebel car seats (Fits on to powertwin and twin two with adaptors) that I will be selling in the next few weeeks. Both are in immaculate condition and so if your interested let me know and I'll send you pics etc. Will be looking for £20 per seat plus postage.

x

Hi Indie, I may be interested in the car seats if they are isofix friendly?

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, February 1st 2010, 12:59pm

Roxy - I'll PM you!

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Monday, February 1st 2010, 1:57pm

can't advise on the ones you mentioned, but we just ordered ours at the weekend, a TFK Twinner Twist Duo, as a couple of people recommended it to us and the choice here in Germany seems to be a bit more limited. DH was very excited trying it out :smile: . It's side by side (as we thought that would be nicer for the babies), with 4 wheels. The front 2 wheels can turn, but can also be fixed. It's a buggy, but you can take off the buggy part and have 2 rear facing carrycots. The wheels are inflated tyres, and there's even a disk brake like on a bike, so you can easily brake while going downhill which seems like a good feature. You can get an adaptor which some carseats fit onto, but as we have already got 2 maxi-cosis that aren't cabrio-fix ones, we decided not to get that. We're lucky that my mum is buying it for us as a present, so we are getting it new. Order time is 10-12 weeks in the shop we went to, so we just have to hope the babies hang on that long! Obviously we've yet to try it out for real, so who knows how good it'll be, or how much of a problem the weight is lifting it in and out of the car.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

roxy7

Star

Monday, February 1st 2010, 10:22pm

Sounds like a good spec you have there on your pram, Claire. It's a bit like buying a new car! I've never heard of that model here. Am going to google now and be nosey!

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 10:13pm

I was passing by the "mums' rest room" at work today and noticed on the front of the 'Pregnancy & Birth' magazine for Feb that they have an article reviewing twin buggies. I didn't have a chance to pick up and read as I was heading back out after my break, but might be worth checking out...

TWINS!!

roxy7

Star

Friday, February 5th 2010, 5:12pm

Think we've made a decision on which buggy to buy

I think we're gonna go with the Powertwin Pro as a friend has offered us her's, buy the strata car seats and buggyboard separately off ebay and get isofix bases as I cannot face taking the TWO babycarseats out of the car everytime I go somewhere. I think if we're out walking with all 3 children (DS is 3 yrs 3 months now), I'll just have one car seat on the chassis (the rear pushchair seat lies flat so suitable for newborns) so that if my 3 year old gets tired, I can pop him in the pushchair seat and carry a baby in a Babybjorn.

It sounds like a lot of hard work and complicated but I my 3 year old is still napping in the day and gets tired quickly! It certainly isn't going to be easy. It makes me wonder if it will be worth leaving the house before they're 6 months old!!!

What does anyone else think about these ideas - does it sound feasible?

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, February 5th 2010, 8:47pm

Personally I think that's your best bet and sounds like it's doable if a little manic!! It takes me a great deal of planning and a good hour to get my two ready and out the house but you'll learn your own little shortcuts and ways of doing things in no time . . . HONEST!

roxy7

Star

Friday, February 5th 2010, 9:20pm

Thanks, Indie. Any reassurance is gratefully received! Come November DS is 4 and I'm sure he'll be a lot more independent then. It's just this transition from toddler to small boy that's tricky.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Indiechick

Superstar

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 10:09am

Awww bless him your little boys all grown up, he'll have some adapting to do with two new little ladies in the house too :smile:

lisanad

Reg: Aug 17th 2009

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 2:37pm

Hi all,
I have just read all through this thread and can see no mention of the icandy peach blossom twin.....I ordered mine as soon as they were released in Oct last year, it will be in the shop the middle of March, I cannot wait, I have had all the extras.....bag, parasol, footmuffs etc, it was very pricey coming in a £1500.00 with the carchairs and easyfix bases (thought these would be easier as I have been told I have to have a c-section), as it's got carrycots I intend to use these during the day on stands instead of having moses baskets aswell, They come in 3 colours:- black/grey, red/orange (toamato) or aqua/lime (sweet pea). It can be converted to a single as well so if you have 1 poorly twin that has got to stay in....you don't have to push a pushchair with an empty seat..lol.
Anyway think I've rambled enough now...just google it and have a look for yourself,
Take care all
Lisa
xx

Sunday, February 7th 2010, 10:40pm

HI all

Well why can't this pram/pushchair buying process be easy. Took Mum at weekend to look at the one we'd "decided" on - the Baby Jogger City Mini. IT folded up really easily and was small and neat. However as you can imagine Saturday was really busy and Mum talked a lady into sitting her 12 month old in it and he looked all squashed up. To complicate matters they then had a Mountain Buggy which I think build quality wise is much better. So came away thinking oh maybe we should just spend the extra and buy the MOuntian BUggy. Today we went into Asda and I saw a lady with the City twin and asked her what she thought of it, she had 10 week old boys, and she absolutely loved it so now I'm thinking am I worrying too much and how much will a 3 year old want to sit in a pushchair anyway.

Oh why can't this just be an easy decision?

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, February 8th 2010, 6:19pm

Pushoz I now have the mountain buggy and I love love love it. It is big enoughto take the girls up to 4 if needs be but the only problem is, the seats dont face you which is fine for me as mine are nearly 2 but you may want both babies facing you. It is a dream to push and can be pushed one handed and also great for rough terrain et, it has a lovley shopping basket and the handle can be put up high which is great as me and dh are both quite tall. I know they are expensive but well worth the money.. I got mine of ebay so I would def take a look because they are such good quality you will get a really good second hand one. I also had the First Wheels and i've just sold it on ebay.. its fine for when they are little but mine were squashed in the seats so past 12 months old I wouldnt rec it and my 2 are small for their age.. Also the raincovers were a waste of space as they didnt fit properly and sometimes if you were placing too much weight on the handle by lowering it down the kerb, the handle would just completely collapse. Same with the Icandy Pear.. great when they were small but they outgrew the seats practically straight away and used to kick each other's seats so that went on ebay as well.. infact prob the worst buggy I had as it used to set shop alarms off all the time.

I have just sold the Leebruss Zoom.. was ok but quite long and was hard on my back pushing 2 toddlers. Not the easiest of pushchairs.
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, February 8th 2010, 6:52pm

I knew Lexie the buggy queen would be along soon . . . . thinking of buying anymore Lexie?

x

Lexie

Star

Monday, February 8th 2010, 9:03pm

Ha ha Indie.. no way.. I'm loving my garage having a bit space although its now slowly been filled wither other twinlet toys. They also have their smart trikes so will prob use them a lot in the summer. I def think I'm all buggied out now.. well at least until we try for another baby then I can start all over again :snigger:
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, February 8th 2010, 9:06pm

What are you like!!! :snigger:

Lexie

Star

Monday, February 8th 2010, 9:13pm

I could have done with straight jackets for them tonight not buggies.. absolute little terrors they have been and have thrown their milk all over the kitchen and I mean thrown.. it was everywhere.. they then decided to pull out all the artificial coals on the fire so 2 newly bathed twins ended up being 2 very scruffy ones.. I was so mad with them although Ive calmed down now.. Who needs weightwatchers when you've got twins :P

roxy7

Star

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 9:49am

Pushoz I now have the mountain buggy and I love love love it. It is big enoughto take the girls up to 4 if needs be but the only problem is, the seats dont face you which is fine for me as mine are nearly 2 but you may want both babies facing you. It is a dream to push and can be pushed one handed and also great for rough terrain et, it has a lovley shopping basket and the handle can be put up high which is great as me and dh are both quite tall. I know they are expensive but well worth the money.. I got mine of ebay so I would def take a look because they are such good quality you will get a really good second hand one. I also had the First Wheels and i've just sold it on ebay.. its fine for when they are little but mine were squashed in the seats so past 12 months old I wouldnt rec it and my 2 are small for their age.. Also the raincovers were a waste of space as they didnt fit properly and sometimes if you were placing too much weight on the handle by lowering it down the kerb, the handle would just completely collapse. Same with the Icandy Pear.. great when they were small but they outgrew the seats practically straight away and used to kick each other's seats so that went on ebay as well.. infact prob the worst buggy I had as it used to set shop alarms off all the time.

I have just sold the Leebruss Zoom.. was ok but quite long and was hard on my back pushing 2 toddlers. Not the easiest of pushchairs.

Lexie can I trouble you for a bit of ebay expertise? I've just put my Loola travel system on there - no use to me now - and have lots of interest and a few bids but I'm having sleepless nights about getting it to the successful buyer as I've never sold anything so big before. How do you wrap a pram and do you recommend a particular courier? I'm so impressed by your ability to change pushchairs on a regular basis on ebay and would love to be able to emulate your example when these bubs grow out of the Powertwin as I suspect they will when theyre about three or sooner.

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Indiechick

Superstar

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 9:55am

Uh ooohhhh, hope those naughty Twincesses have been better today! x

Lexie

Star

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 10:22am

Hi Roxy.. i'm afraid my hubby sorts out the courier for me.. He has his own business and uses a courier firm for his work a lot so he just rings them and gets them to pick the buggy up from our house. My hubby gets me a big reel of foam from work and I wrap the seats, frame etc in this or you could buy a big roll of bubble wrap, also if I dont have the instructions for the pushchair, I write them out for the new owner.. how to fold the buggy down, change the seats around etc. I email the buyer and usually ask them to email their mobile no so i can let them know whats going on with regards to the delivery etc and make sure they are going to be in. Also stick the name and address of who its going to ont he front.

A good idea is to use Parcel Force 48 as they are quite reasonable for large items or just use a local courier service. Anything else, give me a shout.

roxy7

Star

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 12:19pm

Thanks Lexie, that's a great help!

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 1:28pm

Oh Lexie thanks for the reply but I'm back to stage 1 again. Took Dad & DH (along with Mum) to look at the Mountian Buggy and the girl in the shop had a real struggle to drop it down. With the exception of me (on advice from the girl in the shop) they all tried picking it up and commented it was very heavy so we went back towards the City Mini. Maybe I'll have to get DH to read your comments about the two of them my major concern was that in 12 months time we will be going through this whole process again because they will have grown out of the puchchair.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, February 15th 2010, 2:28pm

I have a question please! I've just been offered a bargain price second hand double buggy which I'm getting to have as a 'shared' buggy with some friends to make things easier when we are looking after each others children during the day time. It's got one large handle. How do you fasten your change bag onto them?

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Lexie

Star

Monday, February 15th 2010, 3:33pm

Pushoz - The Mountain Buggy is heavy I agree.. I huff and puff to get it in the car boot but never had a prob getting it down.. You make sure the front wheels are pointing outwards and the handle is adjusted right down and there are 2 black push down clips on the footplate...You lean forward over the pushchair and push the 2 black clips down and the buggy folds down into position and by that point you have lost half a stone :D Hope you get sorted with a buggy. The Mountain Buggy is equipped to take them up to 4 years. I've just bought 2 of those sheepskin buggy liners to go in mine so they are nice and snug.. The Easywalker Duo is supp to be a nice buggy as well but I'm not going there :P

Bubble I bought two of those hooks off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HAPPY-MUMMY-HO…=item23053f03c7 and I hook my bag over these and my shopping basket and what ever else I can hook on them when I'm out :snigger: as my changing bag handle was not big enough to fit over the handle.

Eli

Ace

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Children: 2 Girls

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 6:45pm

Roxy- I am probably too late now but try parcelmonkey.co.uk very good i have used them on few ocasions they work with citylink.
Lexie - thanks for the link i have been looking for hooks for ages.

I had the Jane powertwin and I have to say I hated it, I think it was the fact that it is a bit too short for me I am 1.76m tall and i was always bending over when pushing it, and it was a bit heavy and did not fold very well, only good think about it was it is easy to manuver.
I have now sold this and have Baby Joger City Mini, and i love it, folds easy and small, very light, i like the hoods separated, I would recomend it any day if you do not do off road.
Eli
xxx
Me 32, DH 34

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 9:17pm

Hi I see most of you have bought double buggies. Is there not a problem fitting them through your house door. I thought it would be better having them front to back. Any ideas please ?

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

roxy7

Star

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 11:07pm

Eli thanks for the courier tip. I've sold the pram and car seat separately for a net profit of £68. Parcelforce failed to collect the car seat today and I haven't arranged a courier for the pushchair, so I'll call parcelmonkey tomorrow and see waht they say. Seemed like an awful lot of effort but I keep reminding myself that I'm getting the Jane Powertwin Pro for £80 so in reality it's only cost £12 - bargain! (That of course is before I buy two car seats and the isofix bases :sadface: Still, I hope to get them secondhand too). I'm a short arse at 5'1", Eli, so I hope the Jane PTPro will work for me (possibly not DP who's 6'4"...?). I'm also keeping an eye out for a nipper 360 and I think we'll end up with both. I can see the PTP will have its limitations as I understand it can be a bit unstable so once the babies get to toddler and start leaning out...?

I envisage Jane initially and on the pavements for me and the Nipper for DPs regular walks to the local Dam through the woods near our house.

Fortunately we live in a ground floor flat with a very wide door and a large entrance hall so storage and putting prams up and down isn't an issue.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Eli

Ace

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 7:57am

Roxy- I have the Jane Strata car seats and they do not do isofix base for these, so make sure you check befor you buy.
Eli
xxx
Me 32, DH 34

Reg: Dec 16th 2008

Children: No

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 8:50am

Good luck tryin to get the bases second hand, I have been looking everywhere, the ones on ebay are going for over £100 each! looks like I am just going to have to struggle with the seatbelts.

TTC 10 Years Finally got to ICSI No1 Jan 09 :BFN:
ICSI No 2 Aug 09 :BFP:
Two lovely little girls born by planned c-section 27/04/10 at 38 weeks
Isabelle 6lb 2oz bab10 & Amber 6lb 8oz bab10

roxy7

Star

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 9:48am

Roxy- I have the Jane Strata car seats and they do not do isofix base for these, so make sure you check befor you buy.
Eli
xxx

I think they do now - the Rebel car seats isn't isofix compatible but the newer Strata model is.

Cemlyn, I know what you mean. I did see one sell recently for £80 and then two for £220. It's not much of a discount but I suppose if you're buying two at £300, it's £80 cheaper (I'm a bit annoyed about not buying the ones for £220 as they were close enough to collect). There's also the thought that there is definately a resale value/limited depreciation so you should always be able to resell them and they would have cost you £80 to use for the 12 -18 months you'll use them...? I'm sort of thinking that if I can't get secondhand isofix bases, I might consider just buying one Strata secondhand car seat, having one twin in that (possibly with one isofix) and the other in the pushchair seat, as one of these is suitable from birth. I then have an old M&P Primo Viaggio car seat with a Surefix base that I could use for the second twin. It would mean that I would lose the benefit of being able to transfer one twin straight from the car into the PTP chassis without disturbing her... It's complicated but at least we're not desperate to make a purchase. What bugs me is that isofix bases aren't universal for every car seat - it's such a con - I'm so incensed about it, I'm considering complaining to the consumer group Which? Plus, the first stage car seats have such a short lifespan, it's a lot of money for about a year's use X(

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Indiechick

Superstar

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 2:41pm

Roxy - you may find you get a lot more than a years use out of them what with twins being a little on the smaller size. Also you might want to get DH to try a Nipper if he's that tall. My DH is 6 ft something and his only complaint about the Nipper is the height of the handle. It doesn't bother him too much but he did say if it was adjustable it would make the buggy even better! x

Eli

Ace

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 3:41pm

Thanks Roxy- i can not belive that i listened to the "Car seat Specialist" in Mothercare she said Jane does not do isofix for Strata and I just belived her without checking elswhere, and i usualy double check on everything. Mothercare will be hearing from me very soon.
Eli
xxx
Me 32, DH 34

roxy7

Star

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 5:53pm

Thanks, Indie. I did read somewhere that the Strata last for up to 18 months, so that would be better, I suppose but there's no avoiding buying three car seats during the passenger lifetime of childhood. We're hoping that we'll be able to find decent 4-12 year old seats for our DS. His last car seat 1-4 years was a hand me down.

Eli, I'm beginning to doubt myself now... no, I'm certain that the whole point of the Strata being an upgrade of the Rebel was that it was isofix compatible and I've seen the bases for sale - so I'm not going mad :snigger: I'd be very annoyd with Mothercare.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 4:28pm

We've taken the plunge on the buggy!!

Went along to a local baby stuff shop today - initially just to have a look and a play with the Out n About Nipper, but when we got there, we found that they were doing a special offer on the Baby Jogger City Classic Double at £299, so it worked out cheaper than the Nipper. We had a look and loved the easy fold thingy and it seemed a bit less klunky and more padded than the Nipper, so with such a good offer on and having seen it on most websites at around £450, we decided to just go for it - even though it's still really early days. :snigger:

Anyone have any thoughts?
TWINS!!

roxy7

Star

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 10:58pm

Good on you! It sounds like you got a great deal.

I've managed to buy an acquaintance's Jane Powertwin Pro. It's a bit over a year old and has been used with a baby and older child, who has nearly grown out of it. We've agreed she can hang on to it til the babies arrive and she's happy to take £60 for it because it has a sticky brake and the knob that stops the front wheel from twizzing around (I'm sure there's a technical term!) is lost. Hopefully it won't cost too much to service and get these little glitches repaired - any suggestions on who services Jane products?

This means I have to source the Strata car seats and isofix bases separately (hopefully secondhand) and they probably won't match the base but second time round I'm less concerned about having a shiny new pram, I just want good value as i know I'll probably end up buying more than one! :snigger: It'll be interesting to see how you get on with your Baby Jogger City Classic Double, Aiwah, as an alternative to the Nipper 360.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 6:20pm

Emma

We're nearly decided on the Baby jogger City MIni which is about £300 so if you're managed to get the Classic for £290 that is an absolutely fantastic price becuase it's normally nearer the £450 you mentioned. They seem to re-sale pretty well on Ebay. I'm assuming that it folds up in the same way as the mini, pull the two straps in the bottom of the seats, I thought it was amazingly easy. Would you did me asking where you managed to get it from, my parents live in Stockport so I could easily get them to a) go and have a look at it as they've both seen the mini and b) if it seems like a goer they can go and buy it for us!!!!

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 9:16pm

Hi pushoz....
Yes, it has the same easy fold system as the mini and it's a lot sturdier and roomier.
We got it from Babyguds in Radcliffe. (They have a website that you can order from, just google them and you'll see it.)
There is also another stockist in Stockport (Little Amigos) that is doing it for a similar price.
We suspect that they have some kind of arrangement with the Baby Jogger distributor which is based in the Manchester area, so they get them for a song due to reduced delivery costs (or by the back door!).

:happy:
TWINS!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 9:33pm

I do love this thread which I have been lurking on whilst trying to make up my mind. Anyone got an experience of the iCandy Peach Blossom Twin?? I think it looks fab up to 6 months because it has nice big comfy looking carrycots and also the convenience of the Maxi-Cosi car seats, but I am not sure how great it will be once my LOs move into the regular seats.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 10:43pm

Newly wed - Have you had a play with it yet? The only problem that we found with it is everything had to be removed prior to folding the frame down. I know it sounds trival but I said if it's raining and I'm parked outside where would I put everything while I fold down the frame? There is someone on here who has got an iCandy and said that they found the seats were a little narrow when the children got bigger but I'm sure if you have a read through I'm sure you'll find it.

Emma - Spookily I saw the Little Amigos shop on Sunday and went on their website after I'd posted my message to you and was absolutely amazed at the price. Will send my parents to have a nosey at Babyguds however, Mum is loving it she's dragging my poor Dad here there and everywhere looking at baby shops!!!!

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Indiechick

Superstar

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 9:31am

I think Lexie the Buggy queen had an Icandy ?(

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE