You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 10:03pm

oooh interesting, thanks Willopants, we looked on phil and teds website and couldn't find any for two newborns, shows how good we are. At this rate it will be the Jane one I reckon. I've never been one for browsing around, and spending ages shopping ...

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 10:08pm

Oh sorry Rosspants, you're right - the P&T tandems aren't suitable for newborn twins, the vibe can only take one baby from birth, the other from 6 months. There are P&T side by sides that are suitable from birth though.

I think you will be very happy with the Jane! I met a mama of twins this week who enthused about it and she had lots of friends who also had Jane prams because of her! My DH is convinced, but I think he just wanted to end the pram conversation as quickly as possible!
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ros

Megastar

Friday, August 28th 2009, 10:12pm

just told DH that we'll go for a Jane, I need to be 25+ weeks to be brave enough to get one though :snigger:
so that's one thing ticked off the list of things to do - thank you for the advice (again)!

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Sunday, August 30th 2009, 4:20pm

You all sound like you're talking about brooms from Harry Potter :snigger:

Me and DH ventured into Mothercare today (maternity wear - bloody awful!) - had a quick look at the buggies and general browse....scary stuff.

The biggest thing for me is the weight of the buggies/prams - some are as heavy as 15kg!

I've no idea which we'll choose but weight will be a factor.

I wondered if any of the experts (Lexie?) could answer which they think collapse the neatest? Strange question but I do have two big dogs and am starting to try and work out the logistics of boot space :snigger:

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Monday, August 31st 2009, 9:18am

We had the first city wheels pram, I loved this pram but did take up too much space in the boot and getting thru some doorways was a pain it was just a couple of cms too big. I did love this pram thou and the girls were very comfy and could also sit side by side and see mummy at that same time, just wish they could of made it a little smaller for doorways, I could of put up with the it being big in the boot to be honest.

We have been using a Mamas and Papas Buggy, but to be honest I don't think my girls are that comfy in it, they never nap in it! so I have just bought a Out n About nipper off ebay for £80, my next doors Daughter in law has one for her twins of 9mth and she loves it, it is so light weight. That another problem I found with the buggy is that now the girls are bigger the pram is so much harder to push and navigate. Will let you know what I think of this pram when it comes this week.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "melanie" (Aug 31st 2009, 9:19am)

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Monday, August 31st 2009, 12:16pm

We have gone for the Easywalker Duo which takes car seats, carry cots and is a buggy, so should do the girls from birth until they no longer need a parm :D
It is easy to collapse and extremely robust but a little heavy when folded and it takes up most of the boot in a volvo estate!!!
It feels very lightweight when assembled and it SO easy to maneuver, minus babies at the moment of course :snigger:
This was the perfect choice for us as want the girls to face us when they are very small but have the option to face away as a buggy as they will be more stimulated by looking around instead of at our mugs when they are 6 months + !!

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

Michelle

Monday, August 31st 2009, 1:12pm

Just to say that although i dont have twins myself i can recommend the Mamas and papas Aria twin as i've used it with twins i looked after. It's side by side and babies face you in their attached car seats to begin with and then away from you when they are older.
We have the single version of it and it's nice and light.

I have nothing to compare it to though really :snigger:

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, August 31st 2009, 8:33pm

Quoted

Strange question but I do have two big dogs and am starting to try and work out the logistics of boot space
My god Duffy.. you're gonna need a jet not a car :snigger:

Seriously tho I find my Firstwheels fills the whole boot up.. I have a Ford Ghia which has a pretty big boot space as well. The smallest to fold down is my Cosatto you 2 stroller which I use mainly all the time for car outings and keep my big buggies for walks etc.. My Icandy also folds down very neat. I would defo (if you can) get a double stroller which is suitable from birth to go alongisde your main pram.. mine has been a godsend.

There are some lovley doubles on this website http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/category.php?dept_id=6&sub_id=88 but this has got to be the Queen of twin prams http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/more_details.php?id=101216

I [zx076] buggies me :snigger:
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 1:12pm

Can't rate the Nipper 360 enough, I LOVE it! Great for long walks, weighs 9kg and best of all fits in the boot of my tiny Fiesta!

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Lexie

Star

Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 8:58am

Hi girls.. Ive just been purchasing the Leebruss Zoom as I sold my Premier Twin but it wont come till next week so will let you know how I get on with it x
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

Lexie

Star

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 9:07am

Got my Leebruss Zoom and it is abs fab, 100 x better than the Icandy pear as the seats are much bigger and twins can face each other, its gorg to push although it is quite long but I did get a bargain and I also sold my Icandy Pear so one happy twin mummy.. although I must say thats it for now, my twin pushchair buying days are done for now.. happy enough with the ones Ive got.

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:02am

Quoted

Originally posted by Lexie

There are some lovley doubles on this website http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/category.php?dept_id=6&sub_id=88 but this has got to be the Queen of twin prams http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/more_details.php?id=101216

I [zx076] buggies me :snigger:

That is sooooo lovely lurve......(shame about the price :shocked: )

I did a reply to this ages ago but it's gawn :sadface: So i'm back again :snigger:

We've been offered this buggy http://www.backinaction.co.uk/mountainbuggy by a friend who has 10 year old twins. It's been loaned once already and given back to them and once more they're happy to part with it for nowt (and doesn't want it back!). Brand new they cost around £500 so this is a top saving!

Anyone got any comments on it?

I've been thinking about how/where I'll use the buggy and it is mainly for dog walking and out and about in the village. I don't really go into town...."shopping". I'm an online shopper, supermarket the lot. Obviously the twins will be outdoorsy cos of all the walking and there are plenty of country folk to meet along the way :D

I think this mountain buggy could be just the trick.

Talking more generally about buggies.....are there stores (other than Mothercare) that stock most of the ranges? or is it a question of having to visit many?

We're going to the Baby show in a month's time and I imagine this could be a productive trip (if a little exhausting!). I do hope BBC's The Apprentice aren't there again :snigger:

Lexie - your Leebruss Zoom looks wonderful (

It says on the review you can clip car seats to it too which will be handy.

xxxx

4 x ICSI BFN

Ros

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:08am

wow, that looks very groovy Duffy. I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

I have a question. I thought we would go for the Jane powertwin pro, with car seats to make it suitable for newborns. But now I've read that newborns need to lie flat and that should be a priority. Is there a lie flat option for the Jane powertwin? Or should I write it off and try to find another? I find that looking at buggies on the net is nearly as boring as looking at cars, so many of the gadgets and options I don't care about!

my requirements:
1) one twin behind the other otherwise won't go through front door/ gate/ shops
2) suitable for two newborns & then two toddlers- i.e. both lie flat as babies but sit up as toddlers.
3) The car seat attachment is useful too as we have to buy them anyway
4) minimal shopping effort
ARRRGGGGHHHHH

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ros
wow, that looks very groovy Duffy. I don't think I've ever seen one like that.

I imagine you're talking about Lexie's recent purchase not the mountain buggy! I think mountain buggies have been around for yonks!

Babies lying flat? How do they do that then? Maybe i'm being a doofus but can't picture it unless the car seat can be positiioned so the baby is less upright....

I don't really know Ros..Sorry.

xx

4 x ICSI BFN

Ros

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:18am

oh, I thought the pic was of yours...ooops, well Lexie, yours is groovy!

I mean lying flat like in a pram. I see most people with single babies with a pram type top on their buggy for the newborn but then they exchange it for a seat when the baby gets bigger.

But I don't want to buy a twin pram AND and buggy .... Oh I don't know.....

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:20am

Surely if a pram/buggy says suitable from newborn then it's not a problem?

xx

4 x ICSI BFN

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:23am

Duffymoon - I have just bought a mountain buggy urban double (second hand, but looks brand new because it is so fabulously constructed). I highly recommend! My only concern is I hope it will get through my front door ok (buggy is 75cm, door is 76cm!)
The leebruss zoom looks awesome. My only concern with tandems (which I am sure affects none of you) is that I have incredibly weak upper arm strength. Hopefully I will get a bit stronger, but I definitely found tandems a bit harder to push than side by sides (and this is when they are empty... there is no hope for me!).

Rossypants - lying flat for newborns is the ideal, but a couple of hours in a car seat is absolutely no problem. What people worry about is babies being left in car seats all day long. The leebruss zoom is the only tandem I can think of that does have the carrycot option (many more have the car seat option). In general carrycots don't last for long but at least you can use them instead of a Moses basket. I'm still trying to decide whether to get carrycots for the mountain buggy... I'm thinking not, mainly because of the space these things use up and their short life span. Plus I have Mary Poppins visions of going for lots of walks when they are newborns, but I think in reality, I'll probably only start to venture out the house more when they are well over 6 months old.

My ramblings, for what they are worth!
M
x

My Diary

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:25am

babies can lie flat in some buggies - the seat part has a fully recline position so goes flat. With a nice sheepskin backing thing they can look all toastie and snuggled that way. can't comment on which twin buggies do this but know that the maclaren techno xlr for singlies does this (although with that particular model they are facing away from you).

xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:26am

Quoted

Originally posted by Duffymoon
Surely if a pram/buggy says suitable from newborn then it's not a problem?

xx

It's not a problem. If it says suitable from newborn, it means the seats can fully recline to a lying flat position.

Most side by sides can do this, but tandems do not.

My Diary

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:28am

Can I just say that I love this thread!! :heart:

Thanks everyone for input!

xx

4 x ICSI BFN

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:29am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ros
I mean lying flat like in a pram. I see most people with single babies with a pram type top on their buggy for the newborn but then they exchange it for a seat when the baby gets bigger.

But I don't want to buy a twin pram AND and buggy .... Oh I don't know.....

Rossypants, some prams having a carrycot option, so you can take off the seat and stick on a carrycot. This makes a pram that would have been suitable from 6 months onwards now suitable from newborns.
You can do the same thing by using car seats instead of the carrycot.

My Diary

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:30am

Quoted

Originally posted by Duffymoon
Can I just say that I love this thread!! :heart:

Thanks everyone for input!

xx

Isn't this exciting!
The pram has to be one of the most exciting decisions (or is that very wrong of me!)

My Diary

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:36am

Quoted

Originally posted by Mavis

The pram has to be one of the most exciting decisions (or is that very wrong of me!)

Definitely not wrong! I love it! Though there's almost too much choice!!

So going back to Rossypant's dilemma - what you're saying Mavis is you can get a tandem and provided it has a carrycot option, you're ok for 6 months and then can switch to the car seats when babies are more upright? Or have I interpreted it incorrectly ?(

I do like tandems but not keen on the added length....and like you Mavis I'm not super strong....maybe we should start on the weights now!! I have some in my garage :snigger:

xx

4 x ICSI BFN

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:37am

or if the tandem has a lie flat option for the seat youa re fine for 6 months.....

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:38am

Duffypants, almost right (sorry I wasn't clear).

Rossypants can get a tandem which would be suitable from 6 months*
Rossypants can get a tandem plus car seats which would be suitable from birth.
Rossypants can get a tandem plus carrycots which would also be suitable from birth.

*Sometimes one seat is suitable from birth and the other seat is suitable from 6 months

My Diary

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:41am

Quoted

Originally posted by JENSQUI
or if the tandem has a lie flat option for the seat youa re fine for 6 months.....

I don't think this is possible for a tandem... haven't seen it anyways. Usually only one seat can go completely flat, the other seat can't. I guess one baby gets in the way of the other :snigger:

My Diary

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:41am

Quoted

Rossypants can get a tandem plus carrycots which would also be suitable from birth.

Splendid. And I could quite easily replace "Rossypants" with "Duffypants" right? :snigger:

Jen - thanks hon -

I understand now......woohoo

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:44am

Quoted

Quoted

I don't think this is possible for a tandem... haven't seen it anyways. Usually only one seat can go completely flat, the other seat can't. I guess one baby gets in the way of the other :snigger:

maclaren definitely do a tandem where this is possible..... a side by side one though

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:45am

Quoted

maclaren definitely do a tandem where this is possible..... a side by side one though

Confused again :snigger:

I thought "tandems" meant front to back not side to side ?(

xx

4 x ICSI BFN

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:47am

Tandem means one in front of the other!
Double means either a tandem or a side-by-side

My Diary

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:49am

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

Yep, side-by-sides can usually recline fully and are suitable for newborns.
But tandems (one in front of the other) usually none or only one seat is suitable for newborns.

Is anyone getting sick of me yet?!

My Diary

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:50am

sorry duffy, yes, tandem is one in front (as in tandem bicycle!)

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:51am

Jens, is your DH going to cycle with your little one?!

My Diary

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:52am

Quoted

Is anyone getting sick of me yet?!

[zx062] ......

:snigger:

For the purposes of doofus Duffus....can we leave out the "double" and just have tandems and side be sides?

:thanx:

:snigger:

x

4 x ICSI BFN

JENSQUI

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 11:57am

Quoted

Jens, is your DH going to cycle with your little one?!

Oh, yes, he's excited about getting a bike seat! He absolutely detests driving and cycles everywhere.

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Ros

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 12:30pm

Quoted

Duffypants, almost right (sorry I wasn't clear).

*Sometimes one seat is suitable from birth and the other seat is suitable from 6 months

my my, you all have been busy with this thread.

so are we established that there is no tandem which will let both babies lie flat? :( .... I see a gap in the market perhaps!

Or am I misunderstanding? Which tandem does the carrycots?

I just can't get side by side for where I live. We have a normal gate and normal front door for a terraced house and I can't leave one baby on the pavement in the rain whilst I get the other one in/ out!

looks like it has to be car seats then and short journeys only at the beginning. when is it safe for them to sit up more? Like Maveypants, I don't see myself being able to get out of the house for a very long time, it take me long enough getting Bella (puppy) out!

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 2:28pm

There's lots going on in here!!

Lexie - I LOVE your leebrus!! Glad you're liking it :D

Rossypants - I've just bought a jane powertwin pro this weekend with 2 strata carseats. It can't take lie flat cots unfortunately. However, the strata carseats lie at a 10 degree angle, which is the most lie-flat of any other car seat. Research also proves that by having babies lying at a 10 degree angle can actually improve their oxygen saturation level. I found this website here who's explanation is really good: http://www.babyproductinfo.co.uk/index.c…e=Powertwin_Pro. **site not endorsed by FZ**

You're not meant to leave babies in car seats continuously for more than 2 hours - but I thought the likelyhood of going out for more than two hours with twins under 6 months was fairly slim and if we did, they'd have to come out for a feed anyway for a while!

:xxx3:

Moonshine

Lexie

Star

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 8:49pm

Ha you have been busy twinnie mums to be with your doubler dilemmas.

Still loving my Leebruss and bought it for £250 off ebay.. great price and that included the raincovers and changing bag and it is spanking new as it was only used for 4 months
The Icandy Pear is a tandem which takes two carrycots and 2 x maxicosi car seats. Great for when they are little but tbh not much good when the little uns are in the seats as the seats are just too small.. must say found this a godsend when they were little tho and I could just attach the car seats.
Lexie has attached the following file:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lexie" (Sep 17th 2009, 8:52pm)

Ros

Megastar

Friday, September 18th 2009, 1:37pm

Thanks ladies, Moonypants has reassured me that the Jane one is ok. I guess 10% is nearly flat! x

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Friday, September 18th 2009, 3:32pm

Glad to be of service Rossypants - not quite a buggy but look what I have bought for the car seats:

I fell in love with them the moment I saw them, they look so snuggly and I thought what a wonderful thing for my winter babies to lie in when we bring them back from hospital and go out and about with them! They're quite pricey mind - but I did some canny bartering on ebay and got such a bargain :D

Moonshine

Ros

Megastar

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 1:58pm

I thought I'd decided on the Jane Powertwin but now DH has discovered the Icandy peach blossom which he has set his heart on! Has anyone else got this or seen any reviews?

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 7:08pm

Hi ladies,

It is a total mindfield all these prams/buggies.

DH and I went for the Mamas and Papas side by side Pulse + which is suitable from birth. It fits through all single shop doors and through my front door. It is great for shopping and popping out as it is light and can fold down really small. If we are popping into a coffee shop or restaurant most time we just lift the car seats out and keep them in them and that is most simple.

I have just bought a gorgeous Easywalker Duo which can take two car seats and also is brilliant for toddlers. Found my other buggy was crap for going out for walks. Our house backs onto a forest path and cant use the M&P one as is too bumpy.

TBH best invention for twins is the fixed base you can get for car seats as it makes it so much easier to just clip the car seats into your car without having to worry about seatbelts. They are a bit pricey at £100 each but definitely money well spent if your car can take the isofix.

More food for thought!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 21st 2007

Children: 2

Sunday, October 25th 2009, 8:11pm

hi all,

i have the icandy pear which i love. my girls are 10 months almost and have plenty of room left in their seats for now.

My friend is expecting twins and when she went to john lewis they informed her that a new version was coming out end of october. Ros, not sure if this is the peach blossom?

I think she said that the carrycots would be bigger. I agree with lexie, they only lasted 5 months in them and my girls were not that big at 5 months. I loved having them in a flat carry cot position. The car seats were fab for getting them quickly in and out of the car in the winter for short trips out and about.

I have bought a maclaren double triumph to help me get the the girls from the car into nursery more quickly and for any shopping trips where i may need boot space.

good luck!

Icsi Oct 07 BFP 25th Nov - miscarried @ 7 weeks
Icsi April 08 BFP May 23rd
15th Jan 09 - Gave birth to 2 beautiful girls!

Duffymoon

Megastar

Monday, October 26th 2009, 11:57am

Quoted

Originally posted by zoe77

My friend is expecting twins and when she went to john lewis they informed her that a new version was coming out end of october. Ros, not sure if this is the peach blossom?

Hi all

Yes Zoe - I think you're probably referring to the Peach Blossom though it is in shops now.

Had an interesting weekend as we visited John Lewis as well as an individual local retailer.

The most helpful was the local retailer who has been in the business for many years.

Whilst they stock the Peach Blossom, she would not recommend it though as a singleton buggy she said is fabulous.

The problem with it being for two babies is the bottom/back baby has to be flatter.

I know with the Pear you can have both seats facing you or facing away but they both have to be in the same direction. I'm not sure if you have the choice with the Peach Blossom.

What I hadn't realised is that icandy stockists have to sell it at the same price so this individual retailer offers a free maxi cosi car seat as incentive to buy from there.

Obviously the cheapest way would be to get on ebay if you can find all you need within reasonable location.

I've lost my list but I think the Pear retails about £600 cheaper than the Peach Blossom too.

Another bonus for me is that it has air filled tyres :D

Still haven't made up our minds completely though :snigger:

xx

4 x ICSI BFN

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Monday, October 26th 2009, 2:15pm

This thread is my guilty little secret (though not any more :D). My preferences would be for a buggy in which both babies can either face me or face each other, is suitable from birth and can go cross country (3 wheeler?) as we live across the road from a park and often walk through the woodland areas with our little boy.

I'm not sure if any one buggy can fit these criteria though - it's really confusing. We're gonna go to a local babyshow in a few weeks hopefully to see some of them in the flesh.

What I found amazing was how cheap you can pick secondhand buggies up for on ebay (even the leebrus now that it's been out for a while. For example this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V…e=STRK:MEWAX:IT though I haven't seen any reviews for this it's pretty expensive new. I'm sort of thinking I'll buy secondhand and then if I don't like it, I haven't shelled out a small fortune.... The alternative is to get it right first time but my previous pram buying experience with my singleton suggests that this is hard to do long term - what suits a child as a newborn, isn't so suitable once they get bigger and have different needs....

Decisions decisions! At least my older child will be three and a half and we don't need a triplet buggy! What do the "experts" on here think?

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "roxy7" (Oct 26th 2009, 2:17pm)

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Monday, October 26th 2009, 5:31pm

Hi Roxy

I'm certainly no expert but I have just bought the esaywalker duo and it is great for outdoors and from birth you can use two car seats in it facing you as you walk which is pretty rare in a double and then when they get bigger they face outways.

Lexie has pretty much bought loads so she might be a better person to ask advice from.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Monday, October 26th 2009, 6:53pm

That one looks quite promising - I've never seen it before. I need to start making a list, or print this thread off an go through it with a fine tooth comb! What I really need is all these buggies lined up and to borrow someone's twins and do a real life trial of them all!

I quite like the look of the Out and About 360. My friend has just bought one and it's so light (though not rear facing) but then another friend pointed out that the kids can never sit upright in it. It's always one a slight incline...

I'm half hoping that by the time my twins arrive, one of my friends who has this buggy for her 3 year old and her one year old will find that her 3 year old no longer needs a buggy and I can buy it off her.... As I said above, at least that way you can test it out on the cheap?

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Lexie

Star

Monday, October 26th 2009, 9:31pm

Roxy the Emmaljunga is a lovley pram.. my friend has it for her twin boys and its lovley but quite large.. its a bit like the Leebruss Premier twin which I had so if space is an issue I would think about it unless you have a garage as thats where I kept mine as it wouldnt fit through many doors.

My cousin has a 1 year old and is expecting another baby in Dec and has just bought the Nipper 360 and she loves it.

Very difficult choosing and just wish there was a perfect twin pushchair out there but there's pros and cons with them all. Exciting choosing one though. Good luck hun x

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 12:00am

Quoted

Originally posted by roxy7
I quite like the look of the Out and About 360. My friend has just bought one and it's so light (though not rear facing) but then another friend pointed out that the kids can never sit upright in it. It's always one a slight incline...

I can't remember where I read this now, but one mum worried about her kids not being able to sit up upright in the Out and About, so she bought a new buggy where her kids could sit upright. But she immediately regretted it because once her twins got a clear view of each other, they never stopped fighting :snigger:

My Diary

Lexie

Star

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 8:24pm

Well girls please dont think I'm mad but Ive just bought another buggy, the Mountain Buggy Urban double http://www.pushchairs.co.uk/acatalog/urban_double_red.html I'm selling my First Wheels because again although i love it, the seats dont seem big enough and I had the twins in the other day with their snowsuits on and they looked squashed. Apparantly this goes up to 4 years old.. Anyone have any idea where I can get some nice foormuffs to fit it which are not too expensive?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE