You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 24th 2008

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 7:43pm

I can't believe the price on some of the prams/pushchairs out there! Anybody know of any websites that give reasonable, as opposed to silly, prices??? I'm looking at the nipper 360 too but the cheapest I can find for a new model is about £300!! And that's £200 less than my local friendly independent baby shop quoted!
gambouk xx

I am 36, have 2 gorgeous daughters aged 10 and 6 and have now completed my family with twins!

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Friday, March 20th 2009, 10:50am

Quoted

Originally posted by Claddagh
I liked the look of the EasiWalker Duo but it wouldnt go through our door... Our door is not very wide though.

This is the pram we've got. Before buying it we got the chance to try it through most doors, we couldn't believe it, it fit's through ours, looking at it you would never have thought so, it's the 'Hummer' of al prams! I love it! Everyone is constantly stopping us aswell because they can tell we have two newborns in their carrycots, it make's me feel really lovely that they want to look at our beautiful babies! :smile:
Only down fall I will say about it is, some shops (mostly my fave clothes shops!) haven't thought about people having a double pram, so when you're in there you can't really move as freely as you'd hoped and if someone want's to get by, then out the blinking shop you go, reversing!
Seriously shop around hun, even think about the seriousness of shopping in your fave shops and how you want to get round them. There's so much to consider when buying a double pram!

Goodluck with your search!

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Friday, March 20th 2009, 4:47pm

Gambouk - mine cost £279 from a local shop and then I had to buy the cosy toes, basket, newborn supports. Altogther if came to just over £400. Kiddicare is a good website and I seem to remember they had the 360 on there for a similar price!

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Friday, March 20th 2009, 4:53pm

Fairy im glad someone actually has the pram and really likes it. as i said i stay in such a rural area i would have to travel afar to look at decent shops. im going to wait until i do get down to inverness and have a look at the shops there. it aint the same looking on the internet :cross:

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 10:03pm

I loved the first city wheels pram, it was really comfy and the girls enjoyed being in it. They have never as settled in any other pram since, as the push chair has 3 diff levels of reclining, and it really sat them up straight which they liked. All they do these days is whinge when they are in the pram it's a real pain.

If I new then what I know now I would of probably gone for the Icandy pear. Even thou I am a big fan of the side by sides, its just easier to manouver around shops etc. But must stress that my friend had this and had to sell it as her lttle boy out grew it before her little girl, so has ended up with the phil and teds.

Still miss my city wheels thou, but it took up too much room in the boot especially when going away for the weekend as with 2 travelcots and plus all equip, there was just not enough space.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

Reg: Sep 9th 2008

Children: I have one little boy who is 3

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 10:51pm

twin or tandem pushchair (for the travel system)!?

Hi All,

I was really keen on buying a Graco tandem travel system so could get babies in and out of car/house into buggy without waking them etc.
I also didnt want to be trapped outside little shops like card shops and bakers...!

However, now im in 2 minds..... someone said to me she would rather have her twin one where she occasionally cant get in doorways than the hard to steer option of tandem which will always be awkward to drive...

its only the graco tandem I could afford (not the Jane for example) and its quite heavy (not inc. the car seats, but I can cope with that for the benefit whilst they are using them)

I tried driving a couple of twin ones in the shop and they are easier but surely I will only then be able to shop in the big shops with double doors, like Boots, Mothercare, Tescos and maybe even my library!??

Help! My hubby is also keen on the car seat idea and thinks i will regret...
Suzie xx

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 10:20pm

We started with a Twin City sie by side as it came with cribs, I Loved the pram and only sold it when they got to Heavy couldnt get it up the pavements.
I have just bought the Jane power twin 2nd hand off Ebay for a 100. I Love it it is light, Easy to push, compact when folded. It hasnt got a mark on it, plus it was only 10mile away so no postage charge either :D
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Feb 25th 2007

Friday, July 10th 2009, 7:40pm

Hi Suzie

We bought the nipper 360 (side by side 3 wheeler) and I love it. It's very rare I can't get into where I want to go as I don't often go into those little shops like your friend said. As for the library etc most places like that have had to be made accessible for Wheel chair users so you'll find it's no problem. It's extremely light and I can control it with one finger at the moment.

You would need to make sure it can fit in the boot however. Defintely have a practice at the shop before you by it. But thats probably the same for all twin prams!

I got mine from boots when the had an offer on for £290. They dont come with the cosy toes but don;t feel you have to buy their expensive ones. No one ever told me but you don;t have to buy the cosy toes on offer by the maker. They all fit each others prams as far as I can make out. I would recommend buying the new born inserts though. It made them so comfortable.

I always had a thing about the child in the back seat of a tandem having a break down when they were older because they had to stare at the seat in front and nothing else! Completely stupid of course but each to their own! :O

So there is another view point for you! Good luck with your decision. The pram was the hardest longest decision of all for us! I'd also suggest accosting people in the street and asking for a quick push. I wish I had. I'd just watch furtively from a far and miss the opportunties! I've spoken to a few pregnant ladies with twins who have come up to me asking for advice. I let them try the pram and then tell them that it isn't double the work (they're not mobile yet so that will probably change!) you'd be doing most of it for one anyway and that there is 10 times the reward. Seeing them interact with each other after a few weeks is amazing and special to parents of twins. Also what could be fairly boring in one baby (and lets face it they don't do a fat lot at the beginning!) seems really funny when two of them do it in unison!

Sorry I think I've highjacked the thread to get all mushy so in summary I prefer the side by side option! :happy:

Take care
Sue xxx

ICSI Feb 07 m/c 8 wks, ICSI Aug 07 m/c 5 wks, FET - Mar 08 BFN, ICSI July 08 BFP

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Friday, July 10th 2009, 7:47pm

I had the first city wheels first and loved this pram it was so comfy for the girls and they could see me which they loved. I had to sell it thou as it took up too much space in the boot and couldn't get it in some places. We now just use a Mamas & Papas buggy.

If I had my chance again I would probably use the ICandy Pear as my friend with twins could get anywhere with this. The other one we nearly got was the 360 nipper or Phil & Teds.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 11th 2009, 9:07am

Quoted

Originally posted by Sueshe
Also what could be fairly boring in one baby (and lets face it they don't do a fat lot at the beginning!) seems really funny when two of them do it in unison!

I don't find anything 'boring' in my one baby! And given the journey that most members on the site go through to have a baby I don't think anyone would ever complain that the things their 'single' baby does are boring!

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "Loopylala" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 23rd 2009

Children: Twins Roo & Seb

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 9:25am

Bubble I really dont think Sueshe meant anything remotely like that, and Sueshe oh you wait till they are mobile then the hard work begins :snigger: As for prams I used the first twheels city twin but that is big and epescially difficult to move around with 2 lumps in it now, a few months ago I bought the mothercare twin hoxton, imo its rubbish for twins, far to heavy with a child in the front seat, I use the mamas and papas pulse for everyday and it's ok but again with my 2 being 2 and a half it's heavy, in hindsight I would have gone for the jane powertwin as I think that would have suited 2 older babies and seen us right through, I like the icandy but again I would think for toddlers that would be quite heavy does anyone have that for toddlers?? How do you find it??? hth x

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Sunday, July 12th 2009, 10:32am

I know the i dont have twins but a friend of mine does (same age as my son) and she brought the Mclearen trimph (in grey) which is sutabile from birth , all she did was buy some extra car seats for the car althought this isnt good if there asleep and dont want to wake them transferring them etc , the buggy was an affordable price and if thats what your looking for its worth considering
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Reg: Feb 25th 2007

Monday, July 13th 2009, 12:45pm

Sorry Bubble and all other single mothers out there! That was a stupid comment to make.

Pre pregnancy I had thought very young babies boring. As much as I wanted one they didn't do much! Now obviously having given birth I know mine are a delight and really funny to watch from the word go and perhaps assumed it was because there were two. Duuhhhh! Obviously every mother is going to think the same of their babies! :O
Sue xxx

ICSI Feb 07 m/c 8 wks, ICSI Aug 07 m/c 5 wks, FET - Mar 08 BFN, ICSI July 08 BFP

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, July 13th 2009, 2:37pm

Or even mothers of single babies :snigger:

:D

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Monday, July 13th 2009, 4:03pm

thanks for the advice all.

I have been accosting mothers in the parks with their double buggies!

Think I may go with the tandem travel system to start with (although cant afford the Jane!) but will bear in mind that once they are older a twin buggy may be the way to go (they get heavier ! and more mobile so can get dragged into the odd shop with narrow doorways!) .. and of course they can both see out fairly then!

i would love a double pram but really cant afford that luxury as doesnt get used as pram for long!

(hoping my two are still ok... its been 4 weks since my last scan and have another 3 weeks to go til next - one is definitely wriggly but wish the other would have a good old wriggle round.....)

It does seem that those with double buggy issues seem to make the most changes to their pushchairs and get different ones etc, think I will just have to get used to that idea!
Suzie xx

Monday, July 13th 2009, 4:06pm

ooh, while we are on the subject...

why is it ok to use car seats as travel systems which do not lie babies flat, but not ok to have a pushchair seat that does not lie flat? (obviously you would need head huggers etc but many lie almost flat but are not considered ok?)

this question has been annoying me for sometime, seems very contradictory.

Obviously babies need to lie flat a lot etc and they shouldnt be left in the car seats for ages either but why is one option ok but not the other - the car seats arent anywhere near flat!!???
Suzie xx

Lexie

Star

• "Lexie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 8:38am

LD - I think its because a car seat should not be used for long periods as it can cause strain on a babies developing spine whereas a puschair seat is usually used for naps, long walks etc so should be able to lie flat if being used from birth. Doesnt help if you have a 5 hour car journey ahead of you and you need to use the infant carrier. The Britax Babysafe Sleeper is a lie flat carseat but I think they're quite expensive.

Anyway back to puschairs and before you ask I have quite a large garage :D - I have the Icandy Pear http://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=pear_stroller and its great for fitting the maxicosi car seats onto when they are little and as its like a single buggy, you can fit through doorways no problem and shopping is a doddle. I also like the fact that twins can face you but saying that whoever is in the back seat, you cant really see that well. Also its quite heavy with both babies in but the great thing is that it can be used with just the one seat if you just need it for the one baby sometimes. One of the seats is quite small though which isnt a problem for me as my 2 are quite small but if you have largeish toddlers I cant see the Icandy lasting till 3 years+ which is silly considering the price. Overall a good puschair and I know they have brought out a new version - The Icandy Peach which looks fab.

I have the Cossatto Twin you 2 twin stroller http://www.mothercare.com/Cosatto-You-Tw…764041&mcb=core which is fab for lightness, shopping (as it fits through most doorways) and it is suitable from birth and comes with muffs, headhuggers, bottle warmers. This is lovley and I use this quite a lot as its so easy to stick in the car boot. Think I paid about £204 for this one (well my lovley nana did) and must say well worth it.

I also have the Leebruss Premier Twin http://www.twinpushchairs.org.uk/leebrus…andard-package/ which I bought from birth - fab pram and I use this mainly for walks - very big and bulky and wont fit into a car boot but lovley and springy to push and babies are really comfy in it. Not an option if storage is an issue and it wont fit through many doorways.

I did have the Mothercare Twin Vesta http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Twi…764041&mcb=core which I have just sold - I would highly recommend tis buggy for ease of use, I could push this one handed and its lovley and smooth and comfy for babies - it doesnt face you though but this was a great puschair for ease of use.

I have recently just bought the First Wheels Twin http://www.mothercare.com/First-Wheels-C…764041&mcb=core and this I love as both babies face me but like Loopy says it is big and heavy and hard to get through shop doorways.

I did have the Traditional Silver Cross Twin Pram http://www.babybirds.co.uk/shop/silver-c…html?invis=0for all of 2 minutes but bought it when my 2 where 6 months old and the back rests dont come up with the twin one so was a bit of a squash.

Phew buggy rant over - hope you get sorted hun. xx

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

:girl: :girl: :girl:

• "Loopylala" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 23rd 2009

Children: Twins Roo & Seb

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 8:54am

Ha ha ha I thought i was bad with 3 Lexie!!! It does look like most twin mums buy different pushchairs for different uses!! We should definately put our heads together and design the ulrimate twin pram/pushchair, theres money to be made here!!! xx

Lexie

Star

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 9:30am

Ha ha my thoughts exactly - I always think that about twin buggys - why cant they be a perfect one out there.

I've just bought a cheap single stroller as I take only one of the girls swimming on a a Monday and my aunt has the other so needed a single for her and its a doddle. I could lift it with one hand.
Me 34,DH, 32. DD15 from prev relationship. Scan 9/07 showed 2 [zx076] [zx076] My perfect little ladies arrived healthy 7 weeks early on 18/3/08 weighing 4lb 8 and 3lb13...Love my three pinkies

Lexie

Star

Friday, August 14th 2009, 10:50am

PRAMS FOR TWINS

Hi girls

This months Mother & Baby mag (sept issue) has a article in reviewing Double puschairs although if you need any advice ask away as I think I have had every twin puschair going :D

Just thought I'd let you know incase anyone was interested.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lexie" (Aug 14th 2009, 10:50am)

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Friday, August 14th 2009, 11:37am

thanks Lexie this is great, will get a copy and see what they say :D

MM x

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

Minky

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: Barts

Monday, August 17th 2009, 11:06am

Thanks for that Lexie - I was looking at twin pushchairs - which are lightweight and easy to handle - any recommendations?
:D

Lexie

Star

Monday, August 17th 2009, 3:57pm

Hi Minky - what type are you thinking about - tandem or side by side?

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Monday, August 17th 2009, 10:44pm

Thanks Lexie, I may meander to the newsagents tomorrow for a peak!

DH and I have been doing a little research in that area and have more or less decided that we'd like the jane powertein pro, it was a toss up between that and the icandy, but the powertwin seemed easier to handle and collapse.

Would be very keen to hear how it handles with two infant car seats attached though - am a little concerned that the three wheels may make it unstable with the weight at the front.

Moonshine

Lexie

Star

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 1:49pm

Hi Moonshine

I have the Icandy but dont have the Powertwin. I think Elmo on here does and Claddagh.

The Icandy looks good but the seats are quite small and my 2 are quite small for 17 mths and I always think they look squished in it so dont use it that much, mainly just for shopping and no way would it last to 3 years + and it costs a small fortune so I would probably steer clear of this one. Great for when they are little and you can have the Maxi cosi car seats attached as saves waking them up x

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 4:17pm

Thanks Lexie!

We're looking for one that will last them through from birth to toddling so we don't have to fork out masses of money. I shall tootle off to find those who have it! x

Moonshine

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 7:20pm

hi,

I have been looking at twin prams ( just incase).

Correct me if i am wrong but with the jane powertwin pro you need to have the 2 car seats to make it suitable for newborn twins as the front seat only has 2 lie back positions and is not suitable for newborn?

Is this right?
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 7:35pm

Hi

Claddagh does indeed have the Jane Powertwin and I'm sure will be on at some point but from what I have seen of it and of having a little push myself (with the car seats on), it feels no more heavy/ unstable than my pram does now she has had the tyres pumped up lol.
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 8:46pm

hi phillipa,

What i mean is you wouldnt want you wee one in a car seat all the time would you?

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 10:15pm

Hi Kat

I'm not too sure actually. I've only ever seen Claddagh use the car seats as we normally meet out and about but I'm not sure about the seat units.

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

chalmers206

Superstar

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 10:37pm

oh well not to worry i am sure someone will answer soon xx

Lexie

Star

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 11:46pm

Hi Chalmers

Ive find this info on the Powertwin pro amd I'm still confused :D

At last Jane have brought out the "Pro" version of the amazing Jane Powertwin 3 wheeler pushchair.
When you know that a regular twin pushchair just won't keep up with your lifestyle, you need the new Jane Powertwin Pro! Adaptable for twins, a newborn and toddler, or two toddlers, there's nothing quite as versatile for when you're on the move with two.
The chassis accepts any Jane Pro fitting car seat, including up to 2 x Strata, Matrix (only 1 on the rear brackets and not in the lie flat mode) and up to 2 x Rebel Pro car seats. There's no more need to fit adaptors when you want to use the car seats on the powertwin chassis. The full raincover remains as standard inclusions.

The Jane Powertwin Pro 3 wheeler pushchair's outstanding features include:

•Swivel front wheel - lockable for offroading
•An extremely light-weight 100% aluminium oval chassis
•An oval frame making it light and super-strong
•Height adjustable handlebar
•A rear parking brake which locks both rear wheels
•A powerful disc brake that controls the front wheel (ideal for hills and steep walkways)
•Multi-position reclining seats, front and rear
•Reversible fabric hoods & pvc raincover included (covers both seats or both Rebel Pro car seats)
•Lightweight aluminium wheels which wont rust
•Pneumatic tyres with ball bearings for the smoothest of rides (pump included and all 3 wheels are quick-release)
•The very compact fold chassis locks closed, and is free-standing when folded
•2 position adjustable suspension on the rear wheels
Standard Inclusions with every Jane Powertwin Pro pushchair

Raincover, shopping basket

Size Folded: 46x35x87cm
Size Unfolded: 124x63x103cm
Weight: 14.8kg (11.6kg without wheels)
Handlebar height: Adjustable 96-103-107cm

Possible combinations:
The rear seat has 3 positions, can lie fully back and is suitable from birth. The front seat has a two-position recline and is suitable from six months.

Newborn Twins:
Rear seat fully reclined + 1 Rebel Pro car seat / or Strata (one twin faces forwards, one back) Two Rebel Pro car seats (both twins are rear facing) Both seats fully reclined when the twins reach 6 months (both babies face forwards)

Newborn + Toddler:
Newborn takes the rear seat fully reclined + toddler takes the front. The newborn in the Rebel Pro car seat / or Strata + the toddler takes the front. Both pushchair seats can be in use once your newborn baby reaches approx 6 months

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 9:04am

Not the most helpful of descriptions that, must've been lost in translation :snigger:

We've been to a showroom and looked it and seen the options of the powertwin pro. The pushchair itself has the back seat suitable from birth onwards, wheras the frontseat is suitable from 6 months onwards.

So, to use it as a twin pushchair from birth, you have two options:

1. Use the rear seat plus one car seat (either rebel, matrix or strata)
2. Use two car seats (rebel or strata)

Bearing in mind you'll need to buy 2 car seats anyway if you have a car, it makes more sense to use these as you can clip and unclip them from the frame without disturbing babies.

The strata has won awards for having the babies in exactly the right position to maximise oxygen saturation (apparently!) but it's still not recommended they're in them for longer than 2 hours at a time. To be honest, I can't imagine going on an adventure with twins under 6 months for over two hours without them needing to come out at some point so I can't see it posing a huge problem!

The other alternative is to buy a twin pram, then to buy a puschair after 6months as there's far more choice. Most "twin" pushchairs are actually designed for toddlers of different ages, unless you go for a side-by-side one. I love the idea of those, but I personally would find them too impractical to navigate, especially if you just wanted to pop to the shops with it.

Moonshine

Lexie

Star

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 12:26pm

You're certainly right there. I didnt get to do many 2 hour walks when I first had them.. In fact you are lucky to leave the house at all the first few weeks as it is so hectic. Its only when mine got bigger and in a sort of routine that I did the big walks.

I got the Cossatto you 2 Sugar n Spice stroller to use alongside my big pram which is suitable from birth and great for fitting through most doorways and in the car. I probably use that the most now. It comes with footmuffs and bottle holders and is gorg to push. I've also got the First Wheels City Twin, the Icandy Pear, The Leebruss Premier twin and my Cossatto stroller. I've currently got the Premier twin on ebay at the mo as I'm after the Leebruss Zoom. Also had the Mothercare Urban Detour which I recently sold and used to have the old fashioned vintage Silvercrosss Twin Pram which I also sold but I loved that one.

Heres a review site I found on the Powertwin http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews102493.html

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lexie" (Aug 19th 2009, 12:30pm)

chalmers206

Superstar

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 2:44pm

hi all,

Oh well thanks for the replies anyway.

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 5:54pm

Blimey Lexie - what a collection :snigger: You could write a review article all by yourself :P

I have to say the leebrus zoom looks ace - I've seen it on the internet, but nowhere near me stocks them so I can't go and have a play! Also as they're new you can't get hold of any on ebay yet...

...actually...if you do get one, and don't use it, mine may have been born by then :eyebrows:

:snigger:

Moonshine

Lexie

Star

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 11:45pm

MS Theres a one on ebay now if you fancy a look. Staring price is £300 and has one bid on it. I love it x

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 11:50am

Lexie,
I am soooo impressed by your pram collection!
I hadn't got the Cossatto on my "list of potentials" but after reading that you like it, it is now at the top!

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Oct 24th 2008

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 12:48pm

It all depends what you need the pushchair for.....I can't recommend my Out N About Nipper 360 three-wheeler enough for long walks - it's great off-road. However in town it's a different matter. I tried navigating Mothercare last week (where you'd expect the aisles to be pushchair-friendly!) and it was just too wide, also can't get thru most standard inside doors. It's really lightweight and easy to fold though, and is good until the twins grow out of needing a pushchair.
gambouk xx

I am 36, have 2 gorgeous daughters aged 10 and 6 and have now completed my family with twins!

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 1:02pm

Hi Gambouk,
The nipper does look fab!
I read somewhere that one mum loved her nipper so much, but after talking to other mums, she realised she was the only mum who had only ever bought one pram. So she splashed out on a new pram where her twins could sit bolt upright. But now that the twins had a better view of each other, they began fighting! So she is back to using her nipper and the new pram is unused...

But alas, the nipper is 1cm too wide for my front door :sadface:
M
x

My Diary

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 1:59pm

there are so many prams to choose from!!!

We want a pram that allows the girls to face us when they are wee and then face away when they are bigger and want to look around........ I was thinking about the
easywalker Duowalker Twin Pram, this takes car seats and carry cots etc..anyone know this pram??
I stalked a lad the other day in a shopping centre and asked him about his double buggy, it was a Nipper 360 and looked great but the girls would be facing away.

Any advice on side by side, facing towards Mummy & Daddy prams would be great thanks 88)

MM x

twin girls

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, August 21st 2009, 1:58pm

The NERD that I am, I have lovingly made a colour coded chart for the different features of prams. Methinks my chart-making days are limited! :snigger:
DH suggested I do this, hoping it will keep me busy and prevent me from making any purchases. Has worked so far!

Anyway, the side-by-sides that allow babies to be rear-facing include:

Mountain Buggy Urban Double: is only rear-facing with car seats or carrycots (either two single carrycots or one gorgeous double carrycot)
Emmaljunga twin city cross: just gorgeous, think Mary Poppins!
Duowalker Sky Twin: rear-facing if you use car seats or carry cots

And there are those travel systems which usually let you have carseats in the rear-facing position.

M
x

My Diary

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Friday, August 21st 2009, 2:28pm

thanks Mavis, you are a star 88)

We are going to see the Easywalker Duo next weekend, have to admit that I have put a deposit to secure the pink one :O .... me & the Girls want it and don't want anyone else buying it before we get the demo!! :snigger:

MM xx

twin girls

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, August 21st 2009, 2:32pm

Wow! Cool! Very exciting!
Please let me know what you think of it!
M
x

My Diary

Lexie

Star

Friday, August 21st 2009, 11:30pm

Ive got this in red http://www.babyenterprise.com/First%20Wh…20Pushchair.htm which is great as both can face you, face away or if you're in the huff with one, you van have one facing you and the other facing away :snigger: Onlly trouble is its quite wide and my twins tend to eat the foam bar on the seats :)

My cousin has a baby who is nearly one and is expecting another in Dec so we're trying to decide on the best one for her. She was thinking about going for the Nipper but is now thinking about the Mountain Buggy. We tried him in my Icandy and First wheels and because he's a big boy, the seat looked too small for him.

Lexie

Star

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 9:47pm

Hi girls I have my twin pram for sale if anyone is interested. I have put a thread in the sell/buy swop section but here is the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V…=STRK:MESELX:IT

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 8:49pm

DH and I have started to look at these, it's wayyyyy too complicated for me to think about (and rather scary!).

I just need someone to 'tell' me which to have :snigger:

we decided we'd like the twins one behind the other as side by side won't go through our gate and front door.
then it needs to be able to work for two newborns and go through to when they are toddlers.

I'm not fussy, those are the requirements! Is the Jane one the only option? DH saw one in Mamas & Papas, has anyone else seen this?

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 9:54pm

Hi Rosspants,
I found the following tandems but whittled down my fave to the Jane Powertwin (has glowing endorsements by twin mamas who shock horror, have never had to buy a second pram!)

Duette City Scape - looks lovely cos little ones can face each other, but is long which means a large turning angle.

iCandy pear - nice and compact but some babies seem to outgrow this one because the seats are on the small side.

Phil & Teds Vibe - I *want* to like this one, because one kid is hidden away (so well meaning people as less likely to spot you have twins and you can complete your journey quicker). But I don't like the idea of one being so close to the ground, even though I am sure its fine. Plus it is the only one in this list that doesn't take car seats.

I am nowhere near close to deciding... I need a tandem because side-by-sides won't fit through my door, but I kinda love the mountain buggy urban double which I reckon I can squeeze through with one whole cm to spare! But I will probably get the Jane Powertwin, if I'm feeling brave I might test drive one this weekend :-)

M
x

My Diary

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 9:59pm

My other fave is the "Baby Jogger City Elite Double" - not many on sale in the UK yet. Like all baby joggers, it has a lovely fast fold thingy and it folds down small, and in this elite model there is access to the shopping basket from under the baby's feet at the front (looked useful). Ooh, and the peek a boo flaps are held back by magnets instead of the usual velcro - that makes it a must-have! (I love magnets... :rolleyes:).

M
x

My Diary

Mavis

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 10:01pm

P.s. YouTube is a good for checking out prams... if you have nothing better to do on a Friday night :snigger:

My Diary

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE