You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "laurs2208" started this thread

Reg: Oct 13th 2009

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 10:39pm

Newbies Advice

Hi, Just emailing for a bit of general advice really. Me & my partner have been together for 8 years, she has two kids from previous relationship and I have none. Just starting out on the baby front and had first consultation at St Judes, Wolverhampton. Has anyone had any experience as a same sex couple at this clinic? We have been told we need to have routine appointment with counsellor prior to tests starting. Feeling a little frustrated as want things to move forward quickly and already cant get a confirmed date for counsellor and my first appointment was changed, I hope this isnt a sign of things to come.

Clinic say they can get donor sperm within three months, how reallistic is this as seen on various forums wait is generally longer. Can people let me know how long they have had to wait for donorn sperm. They quoted around £2,500 just for the sperm. Does this sound realistic? For actual procedure they quoted for £1400 and tests ebfore this are about £1000.

Does anyone know of any other good clinics in the midlands with quick turnarounds for appointments, getting hold of the sperm etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks :happy:

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 9:15am

Hey, I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, but I didn't want to read & run & wanted to say, welcome to FZ :happy: xfingers everything comes together soon :smile:
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

marylu

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 10:35am

Hi There

I can recommend the Leicester Fertility Clinic - they were lovely to me and dp. Prices were not as steep as those you mention either....free initial chat, £120 for initial consulation, free counselling....blood tests paid for by GP (was a stress getting them that way but paid off in the end), then £850 for a double go (incl sperm - which was readily available). We could start as soon as we wanted to...

Hope this helps anyway, more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Best of luck to you both!!

May 4th & 5th 2009: 3rd Double IUI - :BFP: woohoo
05/06/09: 6 week scan showed TWINS, 2 little [zx076][zx076]

13/01/10: Two perfect little boys born weighing 4lb 9oz and 5lb 7oz

Reg: Feb 6th 2009

Children: 2 older kids and 1 brand new baby boy.

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 12:19pm

Hi,

Not sure i can help with clinic questions, we used The London Womens clinic, prices are very different all over the country ours wasn't the cheapest.
We had 1 round of iui which failed, then went straight to full ivf, the clinic managed to reserve our donor for us to use once more.
I have been with my dp for almost 7 years, i have 2 children and this is our first together.

Please dont hesitate to ask any questions.

IUI 08 BFN
IVF 09 :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE