pamelag088

Superstar

• "pamelag088" started this thread

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 7:44pm

High up pains?

Hey all

Today I was sitting on couch and from knowhere had a very sharp pain like a nip/stinging high up(just above where my uterus starts) have felt it another twice since then.

Almost feels like its on outside but I know its coming from inside and surely LO cant be that high up to kick there, Anyone have anything similar?

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 8:25pm

I have had so many pains in so many areas I have lost count.

But if you are worried speak to the mw.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 10:02am

hey pammy, Im sure its nothing to be concerned about but all the same I'd get it checked out

xxxx
Sept '08 1st IVF :BFN:
Jan '09 2nd IVF :BFP: bab10
Dec '11 3rd IVF :BFN: 1xfrostie
June '12 failed thaw
Nov '12 4th IVF :BFN: 3 snow babies

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 12:58pm

Hi Pammy,

I am not as far on as you but i have the same thing on my left hand side. Dr said it was either a ligament which had stretched or, more likely, a bit of my bowel was inflamed(common in pregnancy due to the gut slowing down). Turns out she was right about it being bowel related.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

pamelag088

Superstar

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 5:45pm

Thanks for your replies, Had it twice more last night and it really hurts, Seems to be if I lean forward too quickly wondering if its nipping anything where my uterus ends and everthing else meets?

I will mention it to MW at my 28 week apt

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 11:07pm

Pammy, that sounds exactly like "round ligament pain".
This feels like a sharp stinging pain, usually around the bikini area, that can shoot upwards or downwards. It only lasts a few seconds but can be quite painful.

The round ligament is a thick ligament that supports your uterus. As your uterus grows, the ligament stretches like a rubber band (this feels like fullness, or aches, low down in your tummy). Every now and again, the ligament can irritate nearby nerves, and that causes the sharp pain. They say it is more common on the right because the uterus tends to expand more to the right in the second trimester.

Its completely normal. The pain can be brought on my particular movements e.g. sitting, or rolling over in bed. Try and avoid what triggers it so you'll be more comfortable. It usually doesn't stay around for too long.

Although it is a pain, it is a good pain, because it means everything is growing and stretching :-)
Defo ask your midwife about it though.

M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

pamelag088

Superstar

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 6:49pm

Back again :snigger:

I mentioned my "high up pains" to MW at 28 week apt and was told this was normal and I started to accept it was just my uterus getting higher and squashing things.

But half hour ago I tried to sit up and I swear it felt like my rib went through my skin, There is even a red mark on outside where pain was and my skin feels hot like its been rubbed so much skin is raw??

Not sure if anyone can help but Im getting worried this isnt normal

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 8:18am

Hi Pammy,

Sorry you're getting these pains, it is possible that it's your rib causing your problems as the lower set of ribs have to move outwards to accomodate your expanding uterus. They aren't really designed to move this much so they can cause pain when they do this. I would make an appointment with your GP just so that they can reassure you. If it hurts to cough then you could have pulled the ligament that holds your ribs in place, if you pull them hard enough they bleed slightly and can cause redness and discomfort (many years ago I fractured some of my ribs and you could actually see the line of the fracture through my skin due to a small amount of subcutaneus bleeding). It's harmless but uncomfortable and annoying.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Grace" (Aug 20th 2009, 8:20am)

pamelag088

Superstar

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 8:11pm

Thanks Grace i am deffo going to ask more at MW and not get fobbed off this time, Spent some time googling it last night and really shouldnt have cuz I was convinced I had placenta abruption then I thought I had pre eclampsia but I had a thought later...

I have had no (new) stretchmarks yet and wondering if it could be skin ripping from inside thats causing pain I have been itchy and I know thats another sign of stretch marks forming, Its just the skin tenderness on outside cant think what else it could be

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, August 21st 2009, 7:59am

No worries Pammy,

Remembe ryou can always talk to your GP as well as your MW if you don't want to wait (my MW only works Tuesdays and then only 3 in every 4!) Don't stress about Pre eclampsia as the pain for this in on the right hand side and would be accompanied by outrageous swelling of your hands, face and feet and you'd have a clanging headache that wouldn't go away at all. If you had placental abruption (which is rare) you would be bleeding heavily as this is usually the first indication so again, don't worry about this one.

Hope your MW can set your mind at ease, you're probably right it's probably another dreaded stretchmark!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09

pamelag088

Superstar

Friday, August 21st 2009, 11:42am

Thanks Grace

GP is useless here, You have to phone at half 8 in morning to try and get apt and phone is busy for an hour and by time you get through all apts gone and they just tell you to try again next day.

I think I will try and hold off til MW and see if they can help at all.

Thanks very much for your help

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE