You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Steff" started this thread

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 12:34pm

Work!

Just wondering, is everyone still finding work ok? as im really struggling, i work cleaning houses and im finding its hard enough to clean my own let alone go to work and clean everyone elses, someone has told me to go to my gp and get signed off for a few weeks, but i dont no if thats just being cheeky trying to get time off for being pregnant. ive got a feeling she will say no and that ive just got to get on with it.
What is everyone else doing? and how are you finding being pregnant and ill and working and housework?
x
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 12:42pm

So sorry to hear your struggling Steffani. I work mainly in an office and travelling around so I am coping ok (apart from being mega tired and feeling sicky) but I can imagine it must be really hard for you as your job is more physically demanding. I cant imagine having the energy to clean my house every day let alone other peoples! If you dont feel you can do it then maybe speak to your GP, would work be ok with you being off? could you reduce your hour? do any other less physical tasks? do they know your pregnant?

Main thing it to take care of YOU and the little one but I do totally understand we all have to work and pay our bills, its a tough one hon x

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 12:50pm

yeah work no im pregnant and ive already reduced my hours and they are very understanding but yeah as u say its very physically demanding especially when all you want to do is sleep, im just finding that when im at work im dizzy all the time and just need to sit down and its not like i can keep doing that when im supposed to be working i feel really guilty because they are paying for my time and im not finishing my jobs or doing it as fast and i think they might start to get fed up with it.
well i will just go and see what GP says even if she says no il no ive tried.
why didnt i choose an easyer job to do lol x
bab22

Steffani

jilly

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 12:56pm

Don't feel cheeky or gulity for how you feel.

I felt like that at first (been off sick for 6 weeks) but then I look at it that pg affects everyone differently and my LO is more important than what people at work think.

Go see GP- can't do any harm.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 1:13pm

I was signed off for half days for about 6 weeks during first tri as my nausea was so bad. felt a bit pathetic but everyone here reassured me it was fine to do this. Looking back at how ill I felt I don't know how I managed to even work for half the day!
You'll find that doctors are very sympathetic.

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 5:31pm

Thanks, il go and see what she says, im not sure i could even do half days as i find im useless untill about 1/2 o clock and even then it only lasts an hour of being ok-ish then feel ugh again!
just have to see what they say.
thanks girls. xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Feb 23rd 2008

Children: Little boy called jack xx

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 7:01pm

Hi I know how you feel as I'm a nursery nurse who looks after 18 months to 2 years old and I'm so tired it's unreal and my days are quite long from 8am till 6pm
I am so tired I've turned into a right moody bitch and pick at my dear Hubby for everything.
But I've only got 3 days then I'm going on holiday and I can't wait.

Zoe

me - 29
DH - 35

1st icsi- April 2008 - BFN
1st FET - August 2008 - BFP - M/C October 2008

Natural :BFP: 5/7/2009

7 Week Scan 23/07/2009 - [zx076] seen
10 week scan [zx076] seen
20 week scan - 20/10/09 bab22

Reg: Jun 19th 2009

Children: Hammersmith

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 10:49pm

Hi Steff,

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. I am exactly the same as you, I can't really get going until the afternoon and then I can only do a few hours before I feel totally knackered.

I have an office job but work long hours and travel a lot, and I've had to cut right down. I don't know how I would manage doing a more physcial job so you shouldn't feel bad at all about trying to take things easy.

Is there any way you could take some holiday or work part time maybe just until the end of the 1st tri? Hopefully after that you will start to feel better!

Mia xx
MammaMia
Age 31
TTC 2yrs
Severe Male Factor diagnosed July 08
1st ICSI cycle June 09 BFP - Twins!
Praying for a smooth ride from here

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 9:56am

Hi mia,
ive already cut it down to part time and still am not managing, lol
i just feel that maybe if i have a week or 2 off completely and actually have a bit of time to rest i might get back on track.
cant wait to get to 12 weeks and hopefully feel better!
why doesnt anybody warn u and prepare u for how bad ur going to feel lol. maybe we should all write a thread to all the ppl who are just going through ivf and let them no lol, im sure they wont care tho as we all just want to get pregnant!
xx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Jun 19th 2009

Children: Hammersmith

Monday, August 10th 2009, 11:42pm

Hi Steff,

How are you getting on?

xxx
MammaMia
Age 31
TTC 2yrs
Severe Male Factor diagnosed July 08
1st ICSI cycle June 09 BFP - Twins!
Praying for a smooth ride from here

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 11:28am

Hi mia,
sorry ive not been on here in ages my comp went down. ive been going up and down, ive had some good days and some bad. went to the docs today and she gave me a month off work! so am pleased about that.
Im getting bad pains in my ovaries tho as i still have some follicles that havnt gone away yet!
How are things with you?
xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Alexander (March 2010) - the result of ICSI at Hammersmith

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 12:10pm

Good news!

Hi Steff, we were wondering where you'd got to!

Good news about getting a note for time off work, that sounds like a sensible thing to do to me. Glad the docs were sympathetic. But sorry to hear things have been a bit up and down for you lately. That's not so good.

Hoping today is an "up" day for you, rest lots and take it easy, loads of love, Sarah xxx
May09:ICSI-sperm issues
Jul09: BFP! DS born Mar10
Jan12: ICSI-LOR-BFP-lost at 3 days
May12: looking 4 donor eggs

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 5:58pm

Thanks sarah, yeah its so relieveling knowing i dont have to push myself into anything. yeah im having a good day today, also doc advised me to buy some fresh ginger and mint leaves, and either have ginger tea by slicing up pieces of the fresh ginger and putting it in some boiled water and leave it in there and drink it, or do the same thing with the mint leaves, she said that it will make me feel better almost straight away and its no comparison to the tea bags she doesnt think the tea bags are all theyr cracked up to be! so theres a tip i can share with u if ur feeling sicky!
ive really missed coming on here, ive had a hard time the past few days, and i think that because i couldnt come on here and talk about it it got to me and i wasnt coping, and i cried on and off all day the other day and then my parents came round on the evening and i cried again, just beacause id had enough of feeling ill i just wanted to be normal again, im sure everyone on here has felt like that!
Anyway im feeling much btr and much more confident today!
Thanks for missing me lol xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE