You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Wee Janey" started this thread

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Monday, May 25th 2009, 4:38pm

Worried about what im eating

Hiya,

I feeling rather worried that im not eating enough at the moment.
Feeling so nauseaus and sickly im not eating very much and have lost 3lbs this week.

Is this ok - i know im early on but worried about the munchkin getting what it needs.

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Monday, May 25th 2009, 4:43pm

Jane

My sister lost 1 and a half stone until 20 weeks as she couldnt eat, She went to GP many times concerned and they said it was fine, Actually their exact words were enjoy it now cuz the weight will start to pile on :snigger:

After 20 weeks she gained 3st.

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Monday, May 25th 2009, 4:45pm

Hi Wee Janey,

I am at the exact same stage as you and also feeling really sick but have to keep eating to keep it at bay so am gaining weight quicker than an elephant on steroids. :sadface:

Have you tried ginger? Either the biscuits or tea. Alternatively, chew some crystallised ginger. I found it has helped me.

Your scan is the same day as mine- Thursday. On the upside, the fact that you have sickness means that something is going on in there so take it as a positive - I'm trying to anyway.

Best of luck Thursday.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, May 25th 2009, 4:49pm

Unless you can't keep anything down for days on end the baby will be getting what it needs. You are more likely to go without than your baby! If you can't eat at all then I would advise going to see your GP as they can give you anti sickness meds which will help.

If not, try ginger, I used it when I was feeling sick and it really does help. I have some ginger biscuits (which I hate) next to my bed and I have one half an hour before I get up, I also have ginger and lemon tea (which i'm drinking at the moment) and some crystilized ginger which I have a little of after each meal. Also try eating little and often rather than 3 big meals a day and make sure that inbetween you're drinking enough water.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

• "Wee Janey" started this thread

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Monday, May 25th 2009, 6:22pm

thanks guys,

i bought some ginger oatcakes yesterday but couldnt face eating them today - will try and force myself though if it will help.

Good to know that the baby should be ok and its not a huge deal, was getting worried when i realised i lost weight.

Pammy - my goodness that was a lot of weight your sister lost, glad it all went back on and more.

Deedee mega good luck on thursday as well

thanks again guys

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, May 25th 2009, 9:41pm

Baby will be absolutely fine. Just make sure you're drinking water as we don't want you getting dehydrated.

Sickness and nausea can really be improved by eating, even though its absolutely the last thing you feel like doing, even though the thought of actually looking at food makes you want to cry... trust me, eating something small and carby like a single piece of wholemeal toast (of whatever you can muster up the will to eat) will make you feel better. When you don't eat your blood sugar drops and actually makes you feel more sick. If you can eat little and often throughout the day you stand a better chance of the nausea subsiding.

If you can't face the kitchen then will hubby bring you something? I know that blokes think it's all just in your head but we know that the thought of opening the fridge door can send you running for the bathroom. It's 'likely' to start to get better at some point between 12 and 16 weeks, if he could help you out a bit now by pandering to your food whims (sometimes only fish finger sandwiches will do) you'll be far nicer to live with ;)

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, June 26th 2009, 9:44am

Hi girls, Fiona is much the same as you-somtimes feels she can't face food and other times feels ravenous. She weighed herself last week and was shocked to find she'd lost about half a stone ! She ate well last Sunday and again yesterday, so I think she's less worried now. As Pammy said,the weight will go back on once you're past this stage. :smile:

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Friday, June 26th 2009, 12:52pm

Hi Hon

I feel so so sick most of the time but I honestly do find the only time I dont feel sick is when I am actually eating, although its really difficult to fancy anything! I was told to eat little and often and that REALLY does seem to help too.

I am sticking to bland foods at the moment and trying to have something every 2-3 hours even if its just a buscuit. I do feel a bit unhealthy as I usually eat lots of fruit and at the moment that seems to make me worse, but I am just thinking "eat what I fancy" and like the peeps say make sure you drink lots of water.

Take care xx

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE