You are not logged in.

Unread posts

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 9:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by murphsmurf
We already have definite names - had them picked years before i was pg!

Our little girl will be called Isla Eve and boy will be called Michael John.

I too picked the girl and DP the boys name and luckily enough we both like the names we picked and both sound great with DP's surname

Michelle x

8o thats my dh's name!!! :D good choice! :]

wella, my last name is cooke, so claudia cooke sounds a bit iffy, love claudia tho :]

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 9:55pm

There's a little girl at DDs school called Purdy (Purdita) :)) She's a beautiful little girl and her name suits her down to the ground.

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Friday, July 21st 2006, 7:29am

Michael is DPs name and John is my dads name and how freaky is this?my mum told me last night that that is exactly what i would have been called had i been a boy!

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, July 21st 2006, 7:41am

wow! shpooky! :D

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

• "moomin05" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, July 21st 2006, 8:45am

At the moment the names we have chosen are:

if it is a girl Megan Chloe; and if it is a boy Benjamin (Ben) Andrew - andrew is from my Gran's side of the family, so wanted to use that name as a thank you to her as she paid for all of our treatment.

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Friday, July 21st 2006, 4:28pm

I have chosen my baby names:

Girl - Lily
Boy- Luca

There are loads of other names I like but I suffer from a bit of a crappy surname (love my maiden name but hubby wouldn't marry me unless I took his name!) These names go with the surname just fine.

Problem is, one of my best mates is desperatley trying for a baby, she has a 10 year old boy who she named Kane, which was the name I always said I would call my first son. Her husband said he wanted that name and it was tough because I wasn't actually having a baby. Guess what she wants to call her next child - Lily, she so desperatly wants a little girl. I guess this could be a case of what goes around comes around!

Hubby is insisting that he wants the baby to be called Lily if it's a girl - it's out of my hands (she is gonna kill me though!)
Lisa

:xxx3:

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
DD arrived Feb 2007 at 37 weeks and 6 days
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Friday, July 21st 2006, 5:56pm

They are lovely names Lisa. Lily would be my first choice but DH doesn't like it. We are having:

Molly Louise for a girl
Max for a boy and we are still undecided about a middle name. We were going to have Walter after DH's grandad which I really like but DH has gone off it.

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Friday, July 21st 2006, 9:44pm

kungfulisa i love luca! i remember there was a baby on holby city called that when we were ttc. i loved that name!
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, July 21st 2006, 10:23pm

My niece is called Olivia (Livy) and my DD2 calls her Lilly :D It's sooooo cute that we don't correct her! :O :D

• "Andypink" is 45 years old today

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:30pm

I need to add to my list Scarlett and Archie.

So:
Boys: Hamish, Dexter, Spike, Archie
Girls: Amelie, Maisie, Scarlett
PCOS. Ovarian drilling October 2005
Amazing BFP January 2006!!!!!!!!!!
2nd BFP natural!!!! - due Dec 2008!

[/url[url=http://tickers.families.com]

Saz

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:36pm

Hang on Andy, shouldn't you be trying to reduce the list now, not add to it!!! :D :D :D

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:36pm

Love Dexter and Spike. Dexter reminds me of the Press Gang and Spike well he is just going to be cool isn't he?

My friends brother has called his little girl Amelie is is a beautiful name so pretty and very girly.

Archie is very popular now it was one of my favs but there seesm to be alot around?

great taste Andy x

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:40pm

Don't want to reduce the list I want it to grow - I want loads of ideas so that when baby is born we can look and just 'know'. There are loads of 'ok' names, but not loads I 'love'. I can't name baby until we've met!!

Maybe Archie is a bit popular Chilli. I do want an unusual name.

Saz

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 9:42pm

Ahhh, good idea!!!

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 9:54am

Oh I knew I had 4 of each - need to add Darcy

So:
Boys: Hamish, Dexter, Spike, Archie
Girls: Amelie, Maisie, Scarlett, Darcy

Saz

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 9:58am

LOL!!!

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 10:48am

I just LOVE Darcy. i think if its a girl that should be it Andy
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 5:17pm

Ohhh I love Darcy for a girl - dh did not like it though but I think its so classy!!!!

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Children: Twin Girls

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 5:38pm

Andy,

Scarlett & Archie are lovely, my persian cat is called Scarlett but love the name for a little girl!
Your preg has gone sooo quick!!

xxx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Jul 23rd 2006, 5:39pm)

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 8:38pm

Darcy would be after Darcy Bussell (sp?) the ballerina - I would be hoping that she didn't take after her Mummy!!

Mummy - Oh goodness - that is the 1st time I have referred to myself as that!!

Need to add Frankie to the list.

• "Bluey" started this thread

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 9:46pm

Andy,

Love all your names - although personal favourite would have to be Hamish as it's Gregor's middle name ;)

xx
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 11:24pm

Andy I love all your names, although not sure on Spike and Hamish for first names. But that is just my preference, all the girls names are gorgeous, it is so hard to choose when you have more than one name.

The day after I had DD I suddenly thought, "Ooh have we chosen the right name!" It was kind of decided very quickly, within 5 minutes of her being born, I dont think I was even stitched up at the time. DH said, it is Chloe isn't it and in a daze I kind of said yeah, but the next day when i was more with it, i thought that i wish i had not have made the decision so quickly, maybe at least waited until we were back in the room.

But I love her name and although i am 99% sure I would have stuck with Chloe, I wish I had of discussed it a few hrs after birth instead of immediately after as we did have a couple of other names in mind.

I think i feel like this because although Chloe was the name we really wanted, I hadnt really had a chance to take a good look at her to see if it suited her or not as I was numb all over and lying down in theatre so didnt get a proper look till later. Thats all it was really.But we did make the right decision in calling her Chloe x

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 11:45pm

Vicki, I felt exactly the same!!!

I've said before that I wish I hadn't called Izzie 'Isabella' because it just didn't suit her. In fact we referred to her as 'the baby' or when talking to her 'baby girl' for nearly a year because she just wasn't an Isabella. Once the midwives had written it on all the paperwork it seemed finalised but I wish I'd called her Emma. :(

Anyway, I'm used to it now but it still seems like a slightly 'frilly' name for her, especially when she's being naughty :rolleyes: It's a bit like having a rottweiler called fifi trixibelle...... just doesn't quite work :D

I definately suggest expectant Mums decline to comment on their baby's name until you've spent an hour or so looking at them and tried a few names out.

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 11:49pm

Here here Bells, great advice!! I totally agree with you. Not to make a decision until you have spent a little bit of time looking at her/him x

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Monday, July 24th 2006, 3:58am

I wasn't aware but you can change your mind on the baby's name even after it's been registered, I think it's up to 6 months afterwards?

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Monday, July 24th 2006, 9:17am

We didn't have any time to think about ds's name as he was born so early and taken to the neonatal unit, we had to name him there and then. And, as we thought he was a girl, w'd only thought of girlsnames so far! So we gave ds the only name that we'd vaguely thought of, and then thought we might change it, but it's stuck and i love it now!
But i do wish i'd had time to sit and thinkabout it properly though.....

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Monday, July 24th 2006, 9:21am

Bells you really do make me laugh!!! Fifi 8o

We had decided on s and b and never really thought about whether it suited them, but im so glad i did, they are both perfect for them, s is all happy and pretty which suits her and b is just my little b bum!!! xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, July 24th 2006, 11:01am

I thought you had 6 weeks to decide on names....

Think we've limited the list to Ella Louise or Abigail Louise

Bagpuss

Monday, July 24th 2006, 12:09pm

I think you have to register them within 6 weeks but you can change the name up to 6 months (I'm sure thats what the registrar told us when we went but I was a bit out of it really only 10 days after the birth :rolleyes:)

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, July 24th 2006, 12:14pm

Think I'll have to have words with my parents then!!! They told me they had 6 weeks to name me and ended up picking the crappiest name!

:P

Bagpuss

Monday, July 24th 2006, 12:37pm

I've got a feeling that the these rules are new, maybe because people these days are more choosy about names! My parents gave me an awful middle name & it was only when I was older they told me it was almost my first name so thank the Lord for a lucky escape!

Jen your name isn't crappy hun, we all think like that about our own names I bet! :O

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, July 24th 2006, 1:09pm

My full name is, I use my shortened version everywhere - even at the docs - although they still call me Jennifer and it makes me shudder everytime!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, July 24th 2006, 3:58pm

Jenny, My friend at school was called Nicki and I was Sooooooooo jealous of her. I loved her name and she was sooooo pretty and popular but she wanted more than anything to be called Jennifer.

So don't presume that just because you don't like it, everyone else thinks the same way.

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Monday, July 24th 2006, 4:44pm

Jen ~ I like the name Jennifer.

My middle name is Clare but it was added after they named me so officially I'm Lorraine E...... but as you can call yourself whatever you want as long as its not for illegal purposes, I'm Lorraine Clare (without the "i" as per my parents want). But my mum named me before dad got there (think the severe postnatal depression played a part as she got fed up of waiting for dad). Dad wanted to call me Kirsten. I like that but wasn't keen on Lorraine for ages. I'm sort of stuck with it now as think coz of what my mum went thru when I was born (coz they didn't tests for thyroid conditions until 10 years after I was born they didn't discover my non-active thyroid gland til I was approx 2mths old so didn't come out of hospital til 3mths old and my mum had severe psychosis post natal depression) I felt it would have been an insult to change my name. Quite a lot of the time I'm Lorr, Lorryloo (my dad's name for me when little), LaLa (Steve's name).

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, July 24th 2006, 4:54pm

I was called Catherine because its the only name my mum & dad didn't argue over!

When I was little I wanted to be called Jenny! I used to spend hours writing it down and practicing it as my signature.

It seems whatever names we pick for our babies, they propbably will wish we'd chosen something else!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Monday, July 24th 2006, 5:16pm

Bells - it's funny that everyone likes my name but me - and I'm the one who has to live with it!!

I made everyone call me Sharon when I was 5!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Tuesday, July 25th 2006, 8:27am

You do have to register a babies birth within six weeks, but i think it's right that you can apply to change it afterwards, BUT if the child has been baptizd you cannot change a name given in baptism. So if the name is to be changed, do it before they're baptized.

Tuesday, July 25th 2006, 3:47pm

Jen,

I love your choices. I think Ella Louise is best.

I've never been particularly keen on my name either. When I was about 10 I wouldnt answer anyone unless they called me Samantha. I carried this on for about 3 months!

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Tuesday, July 25th 2006, 6:02pm

I'm called Andrea because I was meant to be a boy and it was going to be Andrew. How inventive!! Anyway I married an Andrew in the end, so we are Andy and Andy!

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, July 25th 2006, 7:24pm

My parents chose my name the day after I was born. Hated being called Rene for a very long time and wanted to be known by my second name, Patricia, so that I could be called Pat or Patty). No I shudder at the thought of being called Pat and have grown to love my first name. I think part of my childhood hatred of my name was because I was one of 6 Rene's at school. :P
Whatever we decide to name our kids I am sure that they will dislike it at some stage or the other - too common a name, too unusual, they like something else better etc.
I've chosen my names for Jr, I love them, not everyone else does, but in the end it's my decision...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Tuesday, July 25th 2006, 7:57pm

My friend is due next month and their choices are Tom or Katie (no connection at all to the famous couple) and her 4yr old daughter is convinced its Katie. Her mum said it might be Tom but she is insistent its Katie. Bless the little love.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE