Unread posts

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 7:22pm

? breech baby

When I saw my GP last week he asked me was the baby breech. I thought they didn't get into their final position for ages yet. As far as I can tell its doing summersaults inside me so its position could change daily. Is that right? Is the GP just referring to the position it was in at the time? If its breech now, surely it will move before delivery? I'm very confused.

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 7:27pm

Yes I agree, I was also under the impression that they continually moved right up to a few weeks before the birth. My DD definately moved about like nobody's business. GP must of being referring to its current position or maybe he was confused and thought you were further on than you are?? Even if your baby was in 'breech' position at that moment by the time you left the surgery it may well of done a somersault!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 7:27pm

Nah... you've got bags of time for baby to do somersaults yet. If you're still breech at 37 weeks then yes..... things would be different but for now it's not even a problem so don't worry about it for a second more.

x

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 7:38pm

As a matter of interest, people (docs, MW's etc) like to know the current position of the baby. Yes there is plenty of time for baby to turn still, but I know that my gynae started listing orientation (which was breech at the time) from my appointment on Friday (19W2D)
I vaguely remember having to write orientation in on my patient's charts when I was a student, and we started as soon as we could accurately feel the diferent parts of the baby. I think it was at about 24-28 weeks.
At this point it is nothing to worry about, it's a nice to know...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 7:46pm

My m/w writes the position of baby each visit I think - check your blue book. Baby gets into its position about 36 weeks.
x
PCOS. Ovarian drilling October 2005
Amazing BFP January 2006!!!!!!!!!!
2nd BFP natural!!!! - due Dec 2008!

[/url[url=http://tickers.families.com]

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, July 12th 2006, 6:58am

Thanks girls, I wasn't really worried just curious. After all I'm a nurse so I tend to disbelieve what most doctors say!!!!!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Wednesday, July 12th 2006, 8:19am

Yep loads of babies are breech(and various other presentations!) at this stage so it's no prob- just for interests sake really!
x

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, July 12th 2006, 8:34am

About this stage in my pg with Lolly, it said in my book that she was transverse (which means lying longways with head under one rib and feet under the other) I was terrified she was going to stay like that, then she turned breech at 30 weeks and refused to engage until I actually went into labour!!

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE