Unread posts

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, July 10th 2006, 8:26am

Trapped wind again.

Had to got to the hospital on Friday evening. I keep getting pain just unde rmy right boob which I was sure was trapped wind. Anyway on Friday it got so bad that I couldn't walk properly so I went to see the GP. He was great. He was very thorough and got the doppler out to check babies heart beat which was fine. Then he said, of course we need to check that the placenta isn't detached!!!! What! So he sent me up to the hospital. They were also great. They didn't check the heartbeat again because the baby was moving fine but the doctor took a really thorough history and examined me. She said that its just wind and not a collapsed lung or broken rib or any of the other million and one things I had been imagining! The pain is also nowhere near the placenta so theres nothing wrong there.

Anyway, the pain is still there. It comes on around lunch time and gets steadily worse over the afternoon. Its worse when I'm upright and better when I lie down. I've been taking peppermint cordial (which is disgusting) as advised by the doctor a the hospital but it doesn't seem to be making much difference. Anyone got any tips?

Edited to say sorry for waffling!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrsjasper" (Jul 10th 2006, 8:26am)

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Monday, July 10th 2006, 8:30am

Have you tried massage? A gentle abdominal rub (with some nice oil0can sometimes help to shift it. How much fluid are yuo drinking? You need lots and lots of water to keep things "moving".
hth
xx

mrsjasper

Megastar

Monday, July 10th 2006, 8:52am

Thanks Nikki. DH massages my bump every night, I'll try getting him to go a bit higher up! I'm drinking between 2 and 3 litres of water, juice, milk etc.. a day. And I'm certaingly not constipated!

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Monday, July 10th 2006, 9:25am

They can give you somestuff to help ...makes all wind come together in one so easier to expel, they give it before C sections so not sure if ok wiht baby..you will need to check...or why dont you ask doc if ok to take those otc things for it I think they are called Rennies Deflatine and Setlers Windeze (they say both are suitable in pregnancy)...I know how you feel I get it regularily around my waist area...It is very painful...I drink pepermint tea which I think is more palatable than the cordial

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, July 10th 2006, 11:25am

I was going to say pepermint tea too - I found this better than gaviscon. Also I used to do a yoga move to get rid of it... I've searched for it in my bookcase but can't find it (sorry not much help!) but I think it involved lying on your back and bringing each leg into your 'chest' very slowly.

Missy

Superstar

Monday, July 10th 2006, 11:49am

I was told that ginger also helps digestion aswell as peppermint, although peppermint is good for heartburn as it neutralises the acid. If you have a stirfry or anything add a little bit of ginger into it :))

Primrose, the move that you mentioned I found on the internet for baby massage to help with Lols colic, it worked :))

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Monday, July 10th 2006, 12:45pm

Just been to speak to a pharmacist. She had a very strong Spanish accent and all I managed to understand was that I can't take deflatine or wind-eze (even thouhg they have the same active ingredient as infacol) and the only other word I could get out of her was aniseed. Have got some pepermint tea though which is a lot nicer than the cordial.
Sam, will try some ginger tonight.

Monday, July 10th 2006, 1:42pm

Mrs J

I would check with your surgery because both those brands claim that they are suitable for pg women and believe me these companies ALWAYS err on the side of caution in these things.......SPanish pharmasist doesnt sound too helpful

'Each Rennie Deflatine® tablet contains 25mg of Simethicone, an active ingredient which breaks down the tiny bubbles of gas that cause the bloated feeling and gurgling noises of trapped wind, forming fewer, larger bubbles which are more easily expelled or absorbed in the intestine.

Simethicone is non-systemic, which means it isn’t absorbed into your blood stream, making it suitable to take even during pregnancy. You should consult your doctor or pharmacist before using any remedies during pregnancy.'

mrsjasper

Megastar

Monday, July 10th 2006, 1:44pm

Thanks Tinkerbell, I will phone our usual pharmacist who speaks English in a way I can understand!

Do you think this means I will have a colicky baby?

Missy

Superstar

Monday, July 10th 2006, 3:09pm

I don't know TBH mrsJ.. I had awful heartburn and DD did have colic, luckily for us it only lasted a few weeks, with its peak only lasting a few days, but I'm not sure the 2 are actually related ?(

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Monday, July 10th 2006, 4:18pm

I had heartburn & DS has bad wind/colic :(

Monday, July 10th 2006, 6:40pm

Wind and heartburn were my ONLY pregnancy symptoms and my DD was no more windy than any other TBH (I think the majority of babies are a bit windy up to 12 months due to their imature digestive system). Everyone kept telling me it was a sign of a hairy baby!!! DD was quite hairy too :D

Rose

Star

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 8:30am

Yep deflatine and windeze are both safe in Pg.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 8:45am

I KNOW, it says on the pack in big letters 'safe to take in pregnancy'. Bl**dy stupid pharmacist, I could have had some at lunch time yesterday and not felt c**p all afternoon!! (sorry my language deteriorates when I get cross)

Rose

Star

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 8:49am

whoops, sorry mrs j. just speed reading the posts and didn't realise you already knew that........

mrsjasper

Megastar

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 8:53am

Its OK Nikki. I was meaning to have a go at the pharmacist I saw yesterday who told me I shouldn't take it!

Rose

Star

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 8:59am

:D

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 12:12pm

Have they helped Mrs J????

mrsjasper

Megastar

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 1:36pm

Not really sure, Tink. I keep taking them anyway but am also trying to eat a bit less fat which may also be helping. I think what I need is a hour a day after lunch to lie on my back and trump a lot! not sure how I'd ask for that at work - can I have an hours farting time please?

The peppermint tea seems to help except that by the time I drink it, its gone cold.

Rose

Star

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 3:45pm

being on all fours can help shift it too, although prob best whilst not at work eh?.........

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 5:03pm

ooeer.......Id love to be a fly on the wall if you ever ask for that....erm please can i have an hour to kneel doggy like with my arse in the air and fart like a trooper.....all in a good cause and in the best possible taste....I promise..!!!

Brilliant!!!

On the pep tea front at least it tastes nicer than normal tea cold!!

Tuesday, July 11th 2006, 5:08pm

On Friday I knew I needed to how shall I say, pass wind. So I headed to loo (v lady like) and 2 colleagues started talking to me and a little noisy 'parp' interrupted.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would NEVER have happened pre pg!! Where is my dignity????? I could have died!!!!!!!!!!
PCOS. Ovarian drilling October 2005
Amazing BFP January 2006!!!!!!!!!!
2nd BFP natural!!!! - due Dec 2008!

[/url[url=http://tickers.families.com]

Rose

Star

Wednesday, July 12th 2006, 8:20am

:D the joys of pg.......

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE