You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "HOPE!!!!!!!!" started this thread

Reg: May 15th 2010

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 4:25pm

9 days overdue aagghhh

Hiya everyone

Well am soooo fed up waiting for baby to arrive!!!

I am booked in for an induction at 2pm tomorrow and I was obviously hoping I would have gone myself. Tomorrow I will be 10 days "overdue" and our hospital's policy is 10 days and then induce. I know some people don't like the idea of "evicting" the baby but I understand there are reasons why intervention is used at this stage. Ie baby getting too big,perhaps passing meconium and also the placenta not functioning as well.

I am really really nervous - shattered as I can't get a sleep at night with worry.

Has anyone experienced an induction and could perhaps tell of their own experience - only good ones though :snigger: :snigger:. Just joking...

Thanks for reading
Claire
xx

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 4:51pm

Hi Claire

I know exactly how you feel - its sooo disappointing to not go into spontanious labour on your own (I hope I do this time!).

I was 10 days over when I was induced with DD - to be honest I was so desperate to get her out I would have agreed to be induced earlier! My experience was not awful but very long ... went in on a Thurs morning and was told I was 1cm dilated already and given first lot of gel and monitored - later that day - think it was about 3ish I had a second lot as nothing much had happened. Then at about 6ish I was taken to delivery room and had my waters broken ... still not much going on so had to be put on drip and therefore had to have an epidural to get things going ... went all through the night sleeping on and off then felt a slight sensation that I needed the loo early the next morning - m/w had a look and told me I was ready to push - I couldn't really feel anything because of the epidural but tried to push - an hour and a half later she called a Dr in who said baby was stuck (she was 9'1) so I was given an episiotome and she was sucked out by venteous.

It was not what I wanted but I felt no pain and she was delivered safely which was all that mattered.

Loads of luck for tomorrow xx

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 4:59pm

I had an induction at 10 days over last time round.

It was a long time ago, so actual experience is a little bit hazy, but I can remember being in hospital for a couple of nights before hand whilst they ripened the cervix with prostin(?) gel. When the cervix was partially open I had my waters broken, and DD was born about 12 hours later.

Not the most wonderful experience in the world, but I was just so glad to get DD out of me as it was a very hot summer and I felt like a beached whale all the time!

I'm going to be having another induction this time round, but fortunately a bit earlier, so hopefully LO won't be quite as big this time round!!

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

• "HOPE!!!!!!!!" started this thread

Reg: May 15th 2010

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 5:59pm

Thanks for your stories ladies.

I'm gonna log off now and try not to think about it all until the morning - aye right :8o: :8o: :8o:

Thanks again
xx

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 7:32pm

You know my story hun but just wanted to wish you all the very best for tomorrow, cant wait to hear the news that baby Hope is safe and sound in your arms, will be thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Apr 28th 2008

Children: One daughter

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 7:50pm

good luck for tomorrow! x
TTC naturally.
Severe Endo & Adhesions.
Excision of Endo June '08.
Baby girl born May '09!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE