You are not logged in.

Unread posts

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "donz" started this thread

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Friday, March 20th 2009, 9:10pm

Major Swelling

I dont wanna come across as paranoid but I have noticed my feet have pockets of fluid and they are massively swollen. I noticed it because my skin tightened up and it felt like I had something between 2 of my toes and when I looked it was like they were restricting each other. I hope you know what I mean???

My hands are swollen too and dh reckons my face looks swollen too although I cant tell. My fingers always seem the most swollen first thing in the mornings when I find it hard to bend them. I had to stop wearing my rings weeks ago.

I have been doing a few things today but not much unusual than the rest of the time.

Any advice? I had my blood pressure taken today at hospital for something else which they said was fine but could it go up quickly?

I am sat on the sofa with my legs elevated and I have frozen peas on them for the last hour but the swelling hasnt come down at all.

Yesterday on one occassion I had loads of little white lights infront of my eyes, could this be connected. Ive had no headaches at all tough.

I'm hoping that I dont end up in A&E tonight, I am so tired so basically would just like some good advice from you guys xxx

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

donz

Friday, March 20th 2009, 9:12pm

I have been wearing flip flops today, would that make a difference, because they are really flat and less supportive?

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, March 20th 2009, 9:20pm

When you got flashing lights in front of your eyes, had you just stood up or were you exerting yourself? Did you mention this to your midwife?

I think it's probably worth ringing NHS direct just to put your mind at risk.

donz

Friday, March 20th 2009, 9:41pm

Hi Bells,

To be honest I cant remember, I wasnt exerting myself in any way though, cant do that at all these days :snigger:

Ive just had a chat with my mum on the phone and although shes no expert either she has suggested I wait until the morning and see what happens with the swelling.

If its the worst thing possible - pre eclampsia onset then will waiting one night make any difference? Its all a bit scary when you dont know much about something in particular. I have tried to do a bit of research but it just confuses me because I know swelling is common in pregnancy anyway.

Thanks Bells, as normal, you are always there to help x

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, March 20th 2009, 9:56pm

Well, if it 'is' pre-eclampsia then yes, one night can make the difference.

I'm not known for over reacting and if I thought it could be absolutely nothing then I'd reassure you. As it is, you have what sounds like excessive swelling and you've had flashing lights in your eyes. It would be a good idea to phone NHS Direct and just get a qualified opinion. It's probably just the normal swelling of pregnancy and a bit of a a blood pressure blip but for the sake of a five minute phone call you can be better reassured.

Reg: Aug 9th 2008

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 11:16am

Just read your post, I hope by now you have seen someone and had a check up. Swelling of hands and feet is normal in pregnancy, and can be extreme, doing too much will make it worse, then when you sit with feet up it will resolve but the fluid wont disapear and as soon as you start doing things again it will come back, it will not harm you though. On the other hand pre-eclampsia is a very serious condition, the main early signs being, excessive swelling, especially the face, headaches, visual disturbances, pain on the right side of the abdomen, under the ribs and genearally feeling unwell. Not all women with pre-eclampsia will get all of these, but as you have swelling and visual disturbances you need to ring the hospital (during working hours ring the antenatal day unit or assessment unit if there is one, or out of hours ring the antenatal ward, if not sure call labour ward they will direct you, but make sure you get seen and your BP checked.
Hope all is well.

donz

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 1:10pm

All is well jacfizzgrizz (great name), thank you for your concern. I think I may have over reacted slightly, lol.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Reg: Aug 9th 2008

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 9:42pm

Glad to hear it, you cant be too careful, any concerns get yourself checked out. (they are the names of my 3 cats)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE