You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Knighty" started this thread

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 8:12pm

Anyone got that stretching feeling ..?

Evening ladies

i'm just over 23 weeks gone and wanted to know if anyone else has the stretching feeling accross their tummy ... of an evening i feel sooo uncomfortable and stretched! I''ve been putting on all the lotions and potions to prevent any stretch marks but wondered if anyone had any good ideas or remedies to make me feel more comfortable?

Thanks ladies

xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 11:06am

Hi Knighty :D

I'm feeling very bloated and stretched in the evenings too - not so much my skin, but kind of inside. I guess it's our bodies trying to find space for a day's worth of food and drink as well as the baby because I feel much more comfortable again by the morning!

I'm slapping on all sorts of oils and lotions. Someone recommended wheat germ oil (got mine from the health food shop, with the massage oil bases) for preventing stretch marks, so I use that on my belly and boobs at night (Bio oil in the morning because it smells nicer) and then E45 all over because I've got generally dry skin.

A nice warm bath or shower (with oil) makes me feel better if I'm feeling very sore or stretched.

Imagine how we're going to feel in a couple of months time - we've only just started expanding!

Have you got another midwife appointment next week? I've got one next Thursday and have a long list of questions for her!

Bunny x
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

• "Knighty" started this thread

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 10:42am

Hi ya!

Oh good idea about the bath and oil thing ... i may give that a go later on! I have an appointment next Thursday with a consultant at my local hospital ... my GP referred me as it is an IVF baby so i'm not sure what she/he wants to see or check :snigger: then my next m/wife appointment isn't till 20/3 when i will be 26 weeks!!

Ooohh what questions are you asking ... if you like PM them instead of putting them on the board ... i've not thought of anything to ask yet but i always feel as if i should be asking something!

Have you started any antenatal classes or anything yet? Have you any thoughts or started decorating a nursery ... we are starting ours this weekend!!

xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Reg: Oct 9th 2008

Children: Daughter aged 7, naturally conceived

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 11:27am

Hi i also use Bio Oil day and night. I got some stretch marks with first child - not too bad [whitish] but am desperatly hoping that i dont get any more. I think though that you will either get them or not. I have 2 sisters both with the same amount of children and both similar size etc. Once has loads of red marks whilst the other got none. I am 19 weeks now and definitely bigger in the evenings and sooo much bigger than i was with my first 8 years ago!!

Is anyone getting cramp in the legs. i get it every night.
Lost one twin at 10 weeks, heartbroken.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE