Unread posts

Hapi26

• "Hapi26" started this thread

Reg: Nov 28th 2008

Children: St Barts

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:06pm

Pregnancy tummy?

Hi All,

I am 15 week 3 days pregnant, and I think myh tummy is showing but I am not sure, as don't know what it should feel like. Its kind of softg and podgy feeling, but sometime during the day it gets tight. Am I showing or is this just a bit of tummy fat (i was never really flat stomached before I fell pregnant!)

Another thing, is when I cough, I get this pain in my abdomen, and it worries me that something is wrong with me, but I have no bleeding. Am I worrying for no reason?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xxxx
Hapi26 xxxx

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:43pm

Hi Hapi!

Everyone's different, but at 15 weeks your 'bump' could just be starting to show. At that stage I just felt chubbier around the middle early in the day, but by bedtime I had a definite little bump!

I also had the sharp tummy pains when I coughed, sneezed (or sometimes just sat up in bed!). It sounds completely normal to me - just ligaments stretching to make way for baby!

Bunny x
Beautiful baby boy born on 11th July 2009 after TTC 6 years!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 4:51pm

Your uterus is low down behind your pubic bone when you're not pregnant. At about 12 weeks you can feel something like an orange hiding behind your pubic bone with just the top part rising up. At the bottom of your uterus is your cervix. Think of your cervix like the neck of a balloon and think of your uterus as the balloon. As your pregnancy progresses this 'balloon' gets bigger and firmer, moving up towards your belly button and then further up towards your ribs which your cervix stays down in the same place.

If you lie flat on your back and use the fingers of both hands you ought to be able to feel what feels like a grapefruit low down above your pubic bone (at 15 weeks).

Many women assume that their belly, behind their belly button, will just grow outwards. In fact your uterus rises up and gets bigger as it goes producing a solid bump. Any podgyness I'm afraid is just that :snigger:

Hapi26

• "Hapi26" started this thread

Reg: Nov 28th 2008

Children: St Barts

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 6:16pm

Thanks guys, that has really helped me!!!
Hapi26 xxxx

Reg: Nov 3rd 2008

Children: Mum to Cody Charles

Friday, February 27th 2009, 10:50pm

I'm at the same stage as you and exactly the same :-) Though every day my tummy is feeling more solid undernealth is all... just a few more weeks and I'm sure we'll start to look properly pregnant not just fatter! Doesn't it seem to take frustratingly ages though!!
IVF/ISCI Nov08 BFP Cody born 8/09
FET-Oct & Dec10 BFN
IVF/ICSIJun11 BFP

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE