You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Perdita" started this thread

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Children: 2 - son Isa (6) and daughter Anouk (2)

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 11:07am

Ovedue and feeling depressed!

Hello all, sorry - long time and no post.

I'm 6 days overdue and feeling very sorry for myself I'm afraid. Very uncomfortable to do anything now. Cannot walk or stand for long, for pain in back. Tired but restless. Everyone is telling me to either 'hurry up and squeeze that baby out!' or 'enjoy this time just relaxing' but neither comments make me feel any better. Can't face answering the phone, or seeing anyone.

If I was being rational, I know it can't be too much longer, and I should just chill out, but I was not expecting this extra time to wait, and it just makes me worry more about baby. I think a short sharp slap in the face to remind me of how lucky I am to have got this far is needed, so any comments welcome! Hope everyone else is doing well x
Mum to Isa (6, and who has Cystic Fibrosis) & Anouk (2). 1st ICSI+PGD 2008. BFP! 4 blasto frosties. 1st FET Sept 2011, amazing BFP! x

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 11:09am

Forgot to say, no show, but lots of twinges for last 3 weeks. I think I've had my hopes up that it is starting so many times now, I've given up hoping! Sweep tomorrow, but accepting that induction is likely now. First baby was on time, so no experience of this frustrating wait! x
Mum to Isa (6, and who has Cystic Fibrosis) & Anouk (2). 1st ICSI+PGD 2008. BFP! 4 blasto frosties. 1st FET Sept 2011, amazing BFP! x

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 11:14am

hiya

i think we cycled together and i just wana give you a hug and wish that the wait isn't too much longer and your much wanted baby will be in your arms

curry, bumping ride in the car, sex?????? i am sure the other girls will give a few pointers to maybe help you along the way

i wish you all the best
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 12:46pm

Second baby, overdue, sweep tomorrow...... things look positive for you to not be pregnant for much longer.

Have you done everything for Christmas? Is your house sorted for the baby coming? Is there anything niggling you about the birth? Some believe that a 'mental block' can delay labour and that we can hold off until we feel ready.

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Saturday, December 6th 2008, 12:54pm

Aww Perdita! So sorry you are still hanging around. Its no fun is it. I'm going to say absolutely nothing, because there is nothing I can say that you don't already know! Fingers crossed the sweep will do it's thing and you will have your beautiful healthy babe in your arms very very soon.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 8:40am

Hi Perdita,

I can fully appreciate just how you feel, up till today I have been frustrated, bored, lethargic, tired and I feel like I carn't be bothered to start things as I know I'll be too tired to finish it :snigger:

But being Induction day for me I know it carn't be too much longer ( she says hopefully).
Hang on in there, no words make it any better but the knowledge that you will be holding your LO shortly makes it bearable.

Take care XXXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 9:59am

Thanks so much girls. Its not like me to be so full of self pity - I'm usually a very positive person. Its just so grrrrrrrrrr :cross: And I seem to lose perspective when I'm frustrated.

Have tried all the usual things. Tons of yucky raspberry leaf tea! I love to walk, and was doing as much as I could until this last week, hoping it would help babe down. But now feels like I've trapped a nerve in back, so that's out. I think being cooped up is making me feel worse.

Still, everything you all say is quite right, I just needed those words of wisdom to remind me of this. Thanks hugely. Hope to be back with good news very soon!

PS; Kara - have thought of you often since we cycled together. My thoughts and hopes for your fight continue x

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 11:06am

thank you for your thoughts

i will be watching for your news, not long now hunni hang in there
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Oct 15th 2005

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 1:58pm

Keep your chin up, hopefully u don't have to wait too long.
THANK GOD OUR FAMILY IS NOW COMPLETE
ME-36 DH-42
Male factor/PCOS
Ist IVF/ICSI (Eggshare)-Jul/Aug'05-BFN
2nd IVF/ICSI (Eggshare)-Nov/Dec'05-BFP

Natural FET- Dec '07-(Abandoned no ovulation)
Med FET-Feb/Mar'08-BFP miscarried/ectopic (right tube removed & had a lap dye)
SUPRISE NATURAL BFP-May'08

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 8:53pm

Oh i sympathise i went 13 days overdue it is turture eh. Hope your lo is here with you very very soon xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Oct 26th 2007

Children: One very beautiful daughter!

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 9:02pm

I have absolutely no idea what you are going through, but I sincerely hope that baby makes his/her appearance soon!

xxxx

ICSI March 2008 BFP, then early m/c, Natural BFP May 2008, m/c at 6 weeks
Natural :BFP: 08/08/08!!!

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 11:36am

Induction today! Had raised BP yesterday, so monitored baby and I at hosp, all well, but they don't want to leave me longer.

Babies head is down, but not at all engaged, and strangely to one side at top of my pelvis. Just means when my waters break, they want to make extra sure it is babies head that wooshes down, not a bottom or anything else! All in all, glad to be going in now. Waiting over, and we'll be in the best place should anything get tricky. So even after all my brisk walks, going on the birth ball every night, and tons of raspberry leaf tea, baby not keen ongoing south it seems. Beginning to think I have funny shaped pelvis or something!

Thanks to all for your support - I'm just so excited now. Good luck to you all x

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 11:47am

Glad to hear your baby is going to make an appearance, I also went overdue with my DD, who had to be co-erced into this world 10 days late!

I hope the induction goes well, and look forward to hearing about the birth!

Me 34 DH 29

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

1st IUI 9th Aug 08
BFP :smile:

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 12:30pm

oooo! lovely to see the ball is rolling for you perdita!

goodluck hun!

k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 1:43pm

Good luck for your induction...glad you have some progress :happy:
Mayo

baby boy born Aug. '03
baby boy born April '06
m/c June '07 at 5w
m/c Oct '07 at 6w
m/c Dec '07 at 4w 4d
baby boy born Dec '08
m/c March '10 at 6w

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE