You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Knighty" started this thread

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:05pm

Facing food ... extremely tired?

Hello ladies

Can anyone give me any tips please ... i am struggling to get enthusiastic about eating at the moment ... the thought of it makes me feel sick and once i have eaten i can't stop wreching (sorry TMI!) I am soooo tired. I seem to be just eating fruit, cereal bars, strawberry YOP drink and chocloate.

Any tips /advice welcome?

xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

cazd

Ace

Reg: Aug 4th 2008

Children: Blessed with 1 beautiful little boy june 2009

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:43pm

Hi Knighty

I have been the same, just going into the kitchen was enough to send me running for the loo. All i can say is don't worry about what your eating if you find something that stays down then go with it. I had to see the DR during week 8 'cos i was being so ill and the DR said just to go with what ever stays down and try to stay hydrated, which was easier said than done at the time.

My friend survived most of her 1st trimester on pink iced doughnuts from M&S 'cos it was the only thing she could face :snigger: , and her little girl is now 6 mnths and gorgeous so it doesn't seem to have done her much harm.

All i will say is that it should get a bit better in a few weeks, i've gone from being sick 6-7 times a day to 1-2 now i'm in week 11 (sorry of TMI), and although i still don't want to cook or prepare food i am finding more things appealing even if DH has to do the actual cooking.

I hope some if this helps

:xxx3:

Oh yeah the DR also told me i had to make sure i was having afternoon naps and lots of rest, but apparently the tiredness gets a bit easier in 2nd trimester but i'm not there yet so can't say for sure.
CAZ

Sept/Oct 08 - 2nd IVF Cycle BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cazd" (Nov 24th 2008, 7:46pm)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:48pm

I survived the first 13 weeks on rice krispies. :D

Caz is right, just eat whatever you can, little and often. I found that drinking at the same time as eating made it worse so maybe try stopping that if you do it? Maybe try and get some carbs in you to help with the energy - some weetabix or something like that? Try and eat something as soon as you wake, before you get out of bed, even if it's only a biscuit or cereal bar and then don't move for half an hour or so until it settles.

Hope you feel better soon, I know how miserable it can be. But it does get better (she says still being sick at 29 weeks :innocent:).

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:53pm

Aw Knighty, the 1st trimester can be really hard, and the tiredness, nausea/sickness, not wanting to eat, can make you feel pretty miserable at times.

I second what cazd said, eat whatever you can face, and that will stay down! Don't worry too much about what that actually is!!! I saw my mw, and she said much the same to me, when I told her I was more or less living off of crisps, toast, and potatoes!!

It's really hard, but even when you feel you really can't face food, try to have something, because I found, hunger could make the nausea even worse.

The tiredness can be extreme, and like no other tiredness!! I think I basically went to work, and slept, during my 1st trimester, can't remember having the energy to do much else!!

Take care hun xxx

<

Monday, November 24th 2008, 7:55pm

Thanks ladies ... i'm glad for the reassurance ... i've just managed to eat a whole tub of cherry tomatoes and think i may go and start on the pickled red cabbge next - this seems to stay down!

xx

Me 30
DH 33

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, November 24th 2008, 8:06pm

Hmmmm... I have not personal experience with the sickness issue - I really only had mild nausea when I was PG and then not very often. I did find that eating something small or drinking a bit of milk actually settled it for me.
It is often advised that you eat something small even before you get out of bed in the morning - eg 2 water biscuits or a small ginger biscuit with a bit of water. Wait a few minutes and then get up. Eat whatever you are able to eat when you are able to eat. If all you can manage is fruit then so be it - but do make sure to take your multivits - preferably with a tiny snack. Rather eat tiny bits of food 5 to 8 times a day and keep it in than force down 2 to 3 "good" meals and deliver it into the loo 5 minutes later.

As for the tiredness... My little man is 2 and I am still waiting for my energy to return...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Oct 26th 2007

Children: One very beautiful daughter!

Monday, November 24th 2008, 8:08pm

Poor thing. Eat what you can and try not to worry. Your baby is getting all the nutrients it needs!!

it should ease up in a few weeks. I know that is not much comfort now, but it will! It took me til about 14 weeks to feel a bit more normal!

xxx

ICSI March 2008 BFP, then early m/c, Natural BFP May 2008, m/c at 6 weeks
Natural :BFP: 08/08/08!!!

Monday, November 24th 2008, 8:57pm

Thanks again ladies ... i really fancy some Wensleydale cheese now!!

xx

Me 30
DH 33

Reg: Mar 20th 2008

Children: none yet

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 12:03pm

Hi Knighty
Hope you enjoyed the cheese - ohh I am on a cheese craze to.
I have found that milk has really helped with the nausea especially early in the morning and before I go to bed - not to much about 3/4 of a mug. Also I try and have a bowl of soup at night, so much easier to digest.

Good luck sweetie and hope you are feeling better.

Cose I gotta have FAITH
BFP - 17th April - MC 11.4 Weeks

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 1:24pm

I have not really been bothered about food at all...Just not interested at all...
DH has made dinners etc and i just cant finish them...its so different as i love my food... Have gone off Chicken at the mo...but not really having nausea... Just the feeling of not wanting it...

Hope you feel better soon.

PS: the tiredness can be extreme but so far so good for me...
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 8:14pm

Hi Knighty

I found this thread which has some useful tips in it as well Morning Sickness Cures

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 8:43pm

thanks bubble and everyone! I see to have not stopped eating today ... one extreme to another! xx

Me 30
DH 33

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE