You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 2:00pm

Really really worried

I fainted on the train 2 weeks ago and went to a and e. The MW there picked up baby's hb with the dopler at 8 weeks 6 days. 2day when i fainted again, my community MW sent me down to a drop in centre. When I arrived the MW there was rushed, a bit abrupt and not at all bothered. I asked her to listen to the HB and she said that I was too early on. I told her that they listened to it in the hospital 2 weeks ago and she didnt believe me until she read my notes! She half heartedly looked for it saying that her doppler wasnt so good. After 30 seconds of trying she gave up saying she could hear the placenta wooshing and sent me away. I'm really really worried now and although common sense tells me that her equipment combined with her 'cant be bothered' attitude was the reason for not finding it, I am panicking! Any thoughts???
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Peppa

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 2:06pm

When you heard the HB before was it during an internal scan?
I heard my baby's HB with an internal doppler probe at 7 weeks but a midwifes doppler wasn't used on me until 15 weeks.
It would be difficult to pick up at 10 weeks.

How did you land when you fainted? I'm pretty sure everything would be fine as your baby is so well protected and fainting is so common in early pregnancy that the midwife would have known what she was checking for.
Did they give any reason as to why you may have fainted, is your BP ok?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 2:11pm

It wasnt an internal doppler the first time but the mw spent a longer time looking and it did look like a completely different machine to the one used today.

Im not too concerned about the fainting because it was so packed on the train i wasnt able to fall awkwardly. The fainting is just a symptom of pregnancy so im not too worried. I'm more worried for the fact she couldnt find the hb when i heard it 2 weeks ago! Is the whooshing of the placenta a good sign?
x

Peppa

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 2:15pm

The last midwife probably just had a really fancy doppler and perhaps the lady you saw today would have been able to find it if she'd listened for longer but wouldn't have wanted to worry if she couldn't pick it up with her machine! The whoosing is a good sign as it's the blood flowing between you and the baby.

Try not to worry - it's sounds as though everything is fine!
Take it easy though after fainting, did they sign you off work for a couple of days? A rest from travelling on those packed trains would be good!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 2:18pm

Jen, at 10 weeks it is really hard to pick up the heartbeat. The baby is still really really tiny and the heart is not much bigger than a poppy seed. This is why they don't routinely listen in to the the hb till about 16 weeks. I have a dopler at home, and it's only in the last couple of weeks that I've been able to pick up the heartbeat consistantly. It's good that the MW heard the placenta, as that means it is still working away. It would be very quiet in there if anything awful ahd hapened to your baby.

Try to relax hun, I am sure all is fine. It's hard when you feel you arent't being lsitened to properly when you are worried, but try and keep calm about everything. It won't be long before you have a huge bump and bubs is kicking you morning noon and night. Unfortunately until then you're in a bit of a void, as there isn't any clear way of knowing what is going on. The fact that you keep fainting is a good sign of pregnancy though, and while it isn't nice, it is a good strong sign that things are going on in babyland!
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrs_smiff" (Nov 12th 2008, 2:19pm)

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 1:42pm

Thanx ladies. I've been off work again today. DP has just got back from working in wales so he'll drive me in tomorrow xx 12 week scan on Monday so fingers crossed

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:49pm

Hey Jen, glad you've taken some time off. Early pregnancy can be so debilitating. Hope your 12 week scan is brilliant and puts your mind at rest. Take care.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE