You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "danny1102" started this thread

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 3, 1 GIRL 2 BOYS

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 9:49pm

IVF pregnancy: advice

:hello:Everyone!!

I would like some advice as I don't know what is going to happen.

I got my :BFP:yesterday, and been as I have never been pregnant by IVF before I don't know what the norm is.

Since I have been on the pessaries my belly has been really bloated :snigger:, and my trousers are starting to get uncomfortable!!
All I wondered is now that I have finished the pessaries will my belly settte down :hmm: or will it stay like this until it starts getting bigger?

I feel huge already and i'm not even 5 weeks yet!!!

Don't know what will happen so anyone who has been through this can you let me know what your experience is :thanx:

:xxx3:

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Friday, April 25th 2008, 4:31am

Congratualtions on your news, you must be so pleased.

The drugs do have a habit of making things swell up and bloat *also part of things to come later on* its all part and parcel of the norm, just ensure you are getting the right foods and drinking enough water each day.

Not sure if you're belly will now settle as you have finished the pessaries as I was prescribed mine for an additional length of time. Hope you find the answers :)

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Friday, April 25th 2008, 6:39am

hi! I am about a week ahead of you and came off the pessaries two days before my bfp, I found the pessaries either gave me horrible AF type cramping or terrible bloating and diarreah. it carried on for a few days after I stopped taking them and now my tummy seems to have settled down, I am a bit constipated with a lot of trapped wind and I get the occasional crampy pains but it has calmed down alot since I came off them.

Laura

5 weeks 5 days

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, April 25th 2008, 6:40am

Hi Danny
Congratulations!

I had IVF with DD and I remember feeling very bloated then but I did have mild OHSS. This time round I had FET and I don't think the drugs have made a lot of difference, so I think all in all the bloatedness may be down to the IVF procedure rather than the drugs so things should settle down a bit but by then your wee bell will be swelling anyway :D

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Friday, April 25th 2008, 8:27am

HI, Once you stop taking them your tummy should settle down, mine was really bloated whilst on them. good luck and congratulations. x
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Friday, April 25th 2008, 10:32am

I have been bloated on them too and they have given me the runs. Still at least I dont have constipation cause I am scared if I 'stuggle' to poop, the embies will fall out :O
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 9:31pm

Hi Danny

My tum is really swollen after our IVF too. I'm only 6 weeks but have not been able to get into my jeans since the day after my trigger shot. I had a scan today and they mentioned that my ovaries are still huge. My clinic stop pessaries as soon as you get a BFP so its not that for me. They did mention that with a BFP on board bloating can stick around for the 1st trimester

TTC ; tx PCOS & MFI
ICSI #2 - BFP!! ITS BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Please stay with us

[/url]

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 6:46am

I am bloated but I am still on the pessaries. Never been off them with a pregnancy so cant help

Kate x
Katex jilly bab13

Kaz77

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Thursday, May 29th 2008, 6:31pm

I've also been bloated and had BFP Monday.
I'm glad I looked on these pages cos I thought it was weird that my belly was getting big so soon!! I am still being woken up in the middle of the night with cramps, sometimes really bad ones ... don't know if it's trapped wind, the pessaries or what??? .. all I know is, it's starting to get to me (cos you cant help but think the worst) and I am meant to be taking them until i'm 12 weeks!!
Anyone want to share and moan with me??????

Kaz
:smile:
Kaz

Peppa

Thursday, May 29th 2008, 8:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaz77
I've also been bloated and had BFP Monday.
I'm glad I looked on these pages cos I thought it was weird that my belly was getting big so soon!! I am still being woken up in the middle of the night with cramps, sometimes really bad ones ... don't know if it's trapped wind, the pessaries or what??? .. all I know is, it's starting to get to me (cos you cant help but think the worst) and I am meant to be taking them until i'm 12 weeks!!
Anyone want to share and moan with me??????

Kaz
:smile:

Same here!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

mary 34

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: 2 step children

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 1:19pm

hi girl's i have noticed that you are all using pessaries i'm not i use crinone gel and by the sounds of it is much easier think my hospital used to use them but by the time i started my icsi tratment they had changed to the gel. maybe you could ask about it as i have had no pain or cramps whilst using it just a suggestion although maybe your hospitals don't use it as every region is different. Good luck to all :smile:
mary

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 10:32am

This is exactly how I feel. I'm 4weeks 5 days and have cramping every evning which obviously worries me no end. Lots of strange tummy sounds, flatulence and nausea. I'm meant to be on the pessaries till 12 weeks too which is frustrating but at least if these symptoms are due to the pessaries I can stop worrying!

Good luck everyone!

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Sunday, October 12th 2008, 11:25am

Hi Danny and congratulations! Like you I have had children naturally before so everything that happened early on in this IVF pregnancy I worried about! I was really bloated early on too. I bought maternity jeans at about 7 weeks and now they are too big for me! In the last week the bloating has gone down, I'm not sure whether it was due to the treatment, the Gestone injections, or the IBS that I suffer from. But anyway, it seems it's all perfectly normal and will settle down soon. Drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruit and veg. (Thats the stock answer for everything isn't it!) All the best!
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE