Unread posts

livia34

• "livia34" started this thread

Reg: Jan 14th 2008

Children: 1 daughter Rowan

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 7:24pm

Wind, Piles and Jacuzzis

Hiya

am 7 weeks gone and just wondered if anyone else was suffering with piles and wind....not exactly a great subject but i havent suffered with piles since i was a student.....
Have always been a fairly windy lady but now its terrible...anyone know how i can calm the wind before i gas my dh and everyone within a 10 metre radius he he

also wondered is the reason they say pregnant women shouldnt use the jacuzzi is because of the temperature? our jacuzzi in the gym isnt very hot at all and i would love to go in it again for my back and shoulders.

cheers from windy cheshire

liviaxxxx

Reg: Oct 26th 2007

Children: One very beautiful daughter!

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 7:32pm

Hi Livia,

Jacuzzi is a no no because it is warm and raises your body temperature. I don't know if I would risk it, but I would insist DH gets massaging!

I don't know if there is anything you can do about the wind. I think it is because your digestive tract slows down to absorb more nutrients, so that creates more gas. Maybe cut back on some of the food that makes it particularly bad? Or at least only do that at night where you will drive hubby away, but your colleagues won't pass out in their chairs!

As for the piles....I haven't a clue. Perhaps ask your doctor what can be done?

xx

ICSI March 2008 BFP, then early m/c, Natural BFP May 2008, m/c at 6 weeks
Natural :BFP: 08/08/08!!!

nickate

• "nickate" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 2:57pm

:Jacuzzi is a no no, also my favourite, it raises your body temperature too much and your body may not be able to regulate the temp for the bubby properly. There should be a sign saying pregnant woman are advised not use it, there is in my racket club.

Wind it was terrible for the first 14 weeks, phew. :D
Katex jilly bab13

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 4:10pm

Be careful with massages. In thailand they refuse to give massages to PG ladies what so ever but in the UK they just stay clear of the lower back and abdomen.

My friend got piles for the first 6 weeks of pregnancy and only during this time.
By the time she was pregnant for the 5th time she didn't bother doing a PG test.

I went into a natural hot bath when I was 8 weeks PG but only stayed in for a few minutes.
Staying in for long is a no no.
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 4:30pm

The wind could be cause by hormones. Have you been trying to eat more healthily now you are pregnant? A sudden increase in fibre can cause wind, stick with it and it should settle. And conversly eating more fibre if you haven't been doing already will soak up those excess hormones and help the wind settle and also soften your poo so the piles will be less sore. In the meantime stay away from any naked flames!

livia34

• "livia34" started this thread

Reg: Jan 14th 2008

Children: 1 daughter Rowan

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 6:09pm

ha ha - am staying well clear of any naked flames.

our gym does advise against pg women using it but i wondered why. will steer clear.
I'm supposed to have a physio appointment next week for my lower back and glute muscles..do you think this is a no no too?

As far as diets go i'm a very healthy girl. lots of fruit and veg normally. well dh will just have to cope...although he sure gives me a run for my money. :laugh: :laugh:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE