You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "daisym" started this thread

Reg: Jun 12th 2008

Children: one daughter 11months

Friday, July 11th 2008, 6:36pm

Bleeding (Subchorionic Hematoma)

Has anyone else had a threatened miscarriage? I just had to go to hospital as started bleeding. Was checked out and scaned and told everything fine with baby. But i do have a very small clot just outside my uterus which is 1cm by 1/2 cm. This is causing bleeding and is terryfying. Every litle twinge i feel now i am scared. Was told not to worry and come back on tues for check up...anyone else had this?

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, July 11th 2008, 6:44pm

I had a threatened M/C but there was never any clot.

My advise is to get plenty of rest and try and relax as much as possible- I know thats easier said than done.

Lots of women have had clots and the babies are fine so try not to worry.

Good luck

babydust

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, July 11th 2008, 7:29pm

Daisy

I'm sorry you are experiencing this but its very good news that all looks well with your baby. There is a lot of info about subchorionic hematoma (or clots) in this thread BLEEDING IN PREGNANCY

x

mayo

Star

Reg: Jan 17th 2008

Children: 3 big boys ( born '03,'06 & '08)

Friday, July 11th 2008, 9:04pm

I and a couple of others I have read about on this site have had what you are experiencing now - I bled due to a clot at 4, 8 and 11 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy and my 2 year old is proof that it can all work out just fine...didn't stop me worrying a lot at the time of course, and while I hope knowing that others have experienced this and gone on to have a healthy baby helps reassure you, I know you will still worry; it is only natural that you would.
I asked the sonographer why it happens and she said it happens with every pregnancy because of implantation - sometimes the blood is reabsorbed by the body, other times you bleed out. She described it like if you bump your arm, you get a bruise - which is blood trapped under your skin which is gradually reabsorbed by your body (at first it is red or purple then starts to go brown and yellow as the blood gets old and is reabsorbed).The blood from the clot, though, has a means of exit.
Hope the bleeding stops soon and that all goes well.x

Friday, July 11th 2008, 9:46pm

Thank you all for your replies. Mayo thats exactly what i was told. Im just going to take it very easy and go for scan next week.
xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Friday, July 11th 2008, 11:45pm

I'm sorry you're going through this hun. I have everything crossed for you and your little one.

xxx

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 12:17am

Hope everything works out just fine. thinking of you.

xxx

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 6:46am

Hi Daisy

Sorry you are going through this worry. I have had a number of bleeds with my pregnancy, I tried to remember how many so it says something that I can't actually remember! I had 2 or 3 early on that were very heavy complete with bad cramps and large clots - I was certain every time that the worst was happenning but everything was fine. Like you a clot showed up on the scan, eventually it disappeared and I'm now coming up to 26 wks.

With each bleed I was told to have complete bed rest and elevate my legs, although everywhere you read it says this makes no difference it just helps to know you are doing all you can. Take care try and rest up and watch lots of nice DVD's, I know your mind can think of nothing else but even if you get some respite for a few minutes it helps. Thinking of you and we're all here for you if you need to talk x

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 21st 2007

Children: 2

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 11:00am

hi, i am going through this right now. i have been bleeding for nearly two weeks. started as red blood for a few days and then brown.

i was petrified at first but have got used to it!

i have been told by a nurse at my acu to keep fluids up as this can aggrevate it.

sure you will be fine.

x

Icsi Oct 07 BFP 25th Nov - miscarried @ 7 weeks
Icsi April 08 BFP May 23rd
15th Jan 09 - Gave birth to 2 beautiful girls!

• "jane april" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: May 22nd 2006

Children: twin girls

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 11:04am

hiya, I had this at 7 weeks, had 2 big bleeds and bled brown loss for 7 weeks. it is quite common hun and all should be fine

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
DH fine, me blocked tubes and adhesions
1st IVF BFN,December 06 tubal surgery,2nd IVF BFN,3rd IVF :BFP: TWINS
5 frosties
April 09 ectopic pregnancy

bab10 bab10
our babies are two pink frillies

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 12:42pm

Thank you everyone, feel better now i have read all your posts xxxx

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 7:54pm

Hi, I had this during this pregnancy - eventually stopped bleeding/spotting at about 13 weeks. x

Edited to add that I was advised the same as Rosey - rest, feet up (and no sex!).

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pootle" (Jul 12th 2008, 7:54pm)

Reg: Apr 27th 2008

Wednesday, July 30th 2008, 8:57pm

Hi Daisy, just read your post.
I also had a large blood clot from around week 6 which was right behind the sac. Eventually it just cleared up & they said that most of it had just been absorbed.
I hope everything has turned out ok for you - take care xxx
classybird :D

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE