You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Southcott" started this thread

Reg: Sep 17th 2007

Monday, April 14th 2008, 4:55pm

Clear fluid loss at nearly 16 weeks

Hi guys,
just want to ask if this had happened to anyone else.

Have had a manic week at work last week followed by a very busy weekend so not felt on top of world, although didnt think anything too serious.

Woke up early hrs of this am to find a wet patch on my side of bed, wet knickers and wet between my legs. DH swore nothing to do with him, except he was too hot and may have sweated a bit. I swear I didnt wet myself but got up, half awake, dried off and went back to bed. No blood noticed.
It was only this am, woke at 5.30 - 90min before alarm, grrr - that it suddenly hit me that this liquid may have come from around the baby and perhaps something might be going wrong. Felt really panicky...

Decided to wait until 9 to call midwife cos had no pain or bleeding. Fortunately it was my booking midwife and she got me to come in at the end of clinic to check the HB - fortunately it is there so she was happy - phew.

She told me (in no uncertain terms!) to take it easy and said to go straight to EPU if it happened again. fortunately all is dry down below at present.

Sooooo, a quiet couple of days and then see how I feel.

Going to cross post to my pregnancy diary as well

Love Kat x
:cat:

31/1/08 - :BFP: Conceived naturally after 2 unsuccessful clomid cycles
08/10/08 - bab11 Arrival of Baby Alexander

:dust: May your wishes come true :dust:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Southcott" (Apr 14th 2008, 4:55pm)

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Monday, April 14th 2008, 5:47pm

I hope this helps a little. I had the same kind of experience at around (i think) 25 weeks. Clear fluid loss that was definately not urine.

I went to the hospital and they did tests and assured me that if it had been from around the baby, it would have been ALOT of fluid and not just a little.

Take it easy..

Metformin for 2 1/2 years
Clomid - 100mg for 6 cycles
Laparoscopy - 06 - normal
Feb 07 - unsuccessful IUI
May 07 - abandonded IUI - overstimulated
July 07 - IVF :BFP
15th April - my little miracle arrived

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 2:23pm

Thanks Tracey.

It felt like a reasonable amount of fluid but a little bit goes a long way so I imagine was still less than 50ml. Has not happened again so xfingers

OMG - you're due, the wait is nearly over! Good luck for the next few days!

Kat x

Reg: Nov 14th 2006

Children: Twins boy and girl

Wednesday, April 16th 2008, 9:03am

Hi

The same thing happened to me but i was about 30 weeks, went to the labour ward and they said that i was not in labour, and they said it was probably urine...It did not smell like urine though...It then happened to me nearly every night sometimes 2 or 3 times in the night from about 34 weeks...It was not very pleasant tbh and poor dh started to sleep downstairs...

I suffered with severe oedema and they said it was the fluid from that...But im not convinced that it was???? Then when i had a scan at about 34 weeks the fluid around the babies was low, but they did'nt seem to bothered about it...

It could also be pressure from the baby, i had twins so there was a lot of pressure...

I would rest up for a bit and i hope it does,nt happen again for you as its a real pain having to keep changing your bedding ha ha. Also you become really paranoid and find that you are frightened to go to sleep...

Lizzy
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16th 2008, 10:33am

Thanks Lizzy,
sounds like you had a real time of it! Glad it all turned out ok. I think my midwife still wonders if it could be urine but Im not convinced.

Love Kat x

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 21st 2007

Children: 2

Tuesday, July 1st 2008, 4:12pm

the same happened to me last night but i am just 9 weeks.

it was clear and smelt sweet!

no one knew what it was at the epu but said others have experienced it.

Icsi Oct 07 BFP 25th Nov - miscarried @ 7 weeks
Icsi April 08 BFP May 23rd
15th Jan 09 - Gave birth to 2 beautiful girls!

Tuesday, July 1st 2008, 5:21pm

Glad you got checked out - did they scan you to make sure your little one is ok?
Its very odd isnt it, I still dont know what mine was.

I have to say I am now at 27 weeks (nearly) and all is going well and it didnt happen again (at least not yet!) so hopefully you will be the same.

Love Kat x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Southcott" (Jul 1st 2008, 5:21pm)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE