Unread posts

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 10:09pm

Iron levels?

If you bleed easy is that an indication that you have low iron levels?

I only ask this because ihad a huge op about 10 years ago and couldn't eat only drink and i only had to bang my hand on something and myskin would split, I can't remember but I am sure my GP said I was low in iron, I hav to drink a can of guiness everyday!

I know it is something that can occur in pg and my hands are once again covered in little cuts! can someone tell me if this is a sym?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Apr 13th 2006, 10:09pm)

Friday, April 14th 2006, 8:09am

Sorry Chilli hun, I don't know. My midwife is popping round today I will ask her for you if I remember hun.

I know that if you have a low amount of red or is it white blood cells you can't stop bleeding??? Something to do with your blood platelets???

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Friday, April 14th 2006, 8:16am

i dont think so chillie

but i dont know. i do know i have general low iron level mostly due to not having enough iron diet in my food. i am on ferrous sulphate daily to maintain my iron level before passing out

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Friday, April 14th 2006, 8:34am

If your iron level is low, then that in itself won't cause you to bleed more easily. But, when you have a blood test to check your iron levels, they will also check your white cell count (check for infections) and your platelet levels. it's platelets that help to control bleeding. If your platelets are a bit low then yes, you are at risk of bleeding.
However, don't panic! I don't think small cuts on your hands are a symptom of this, but in view of your history i would see your gp/ mw for a full blood count to be sure.
xx

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Friday, April 14th 2006, 6:51pm

Thankyou. I have got some bloods to get done next week which they will check the iron levels.

I am just in the wars, I have a huge sty in my eye my wrist is still killing me and got a splint on and my hands have loads of little cuts on them :(

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Friday, April 14th 2006, 8:04pm

:(
Oh poor you hun- hope you're soon on the mend.
xx

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Friday, April 14th 2006, 9:24pm

thanks Nikki- just had a bath and going to go to bed with Jonathon Ross a mirror and my big spot light! why? you may ask I want to see the Chill Peppers on JR and give my self a facial :D hopefully will feel a bit better :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE