You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Primrose" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 10:46am

Bleeding & Cramping

Really hoped my first post on the pregnancy boards would be a positive 'everything is wonderful' post and I'm not even sure I should be posting on this bit or somewhere else but don't feel ready to totally give in yet.

For people that haven't read my diary on the TA section, we got a BFP on 14/2 from FET. We were amazed and delighted until 2 days later I had brown spotting. Me being neurotic was terrified but eventually reassured when it stopped a couple of days later. Then last Saturday I got bright red beedling and terrible cramping. Called the clinic and told to have complete bed rest, whcih I did and the bleeding turned to brown spotting which stopped after a few days. However we were devastated because we really thought we'd lost our little mircale. Our scan was brought forward, really just to put us out of our misery.

We had the scan yesterday and couldn't believe it when they found one little perfect beanie complete with heartbeat. Perfect size, everything. They found an area which could be where bleeding was coming from just next to embryo sac but this wasn't conclusive. Again we allowed ourselves to be positive again and it was lovely to hear DH singing to the radio last night - completely over the moon.

But this morning I had terrible stomach cramps, so bad I thought I'd pass out - thought it was because I needed a poo (sorry!!) and after said deed (sorry again!) thought that I'd be okay but found I was bleeding again - bright red blood. Since then been in bed at Clinic's advice. Cramping awful and still bleeding. nothing we can do but wait and see but we are both exhausted - worry more for my DH than me, he's having to cope with everything while I lie in bed going slowly mental. I've read all the stuff on the webb about bleeding and I know there is nothing anyone can do but just felt I may feel better if I 'speak' to someone. Thanks for listening x

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 11:03am

Im so sorry to hear you are going through this hunni... I dunno really have any advice to give you but i know sometimes especially in pregnancy bowel movement can sometimes start off bleeding again... was you strainging or was it pariculy hard ???
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 11:27am

Thanks Teresa - no neither - just the most excrutiating stomach pains so its difficult to say what effected what but I am clinging on to the hope that the bowel pain set off the cramps again.

treezuk

Superstar

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 11:32am

Well ive had a lot of pain when ive needed a pee or poop so its quite possible thats the reason for some of the cramps but i think your best to juts rest as they have advised and if things still arent right monday go back and see the dr's unless things get worse in meantime then take yourself stright to the hospital...

I hope that the pain and bleeding eases soon hunni...

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 11:52am

Oh Rosey, I am sorry you are still suffering with the bleeding and cramps. You are doing all the right things and I really hope it works out ok for you. Do you have further bloods done soon?

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 1:26pm

Rosey darling, I am so sorry that this isn't easier for you. What a horrible day after such elation yesterday.

Just to say that I bled, a lot, between weeks 6-11 when pregnant with E - bright red, and fresh blood. E is now 2 1/2 and gorgeous.

Its scary I know but you're doing the best thing - I was told to get to bed, lie down and stay there. Also was told no heat on your stomach so if its aching don't hold a hot water bottle against it.

I so hope you stop bleeding soon and can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Much love. x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 1:33pm

sorry to hear you're still having to go through this Rosey. afraid i don't have any more advice for you ohter than to keep writing and get it all out of your head.

really hope the bleeding stops soon xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 1:37pm

Hope this all stops soon for you and that your little beanie is still doing fine. Take care hun.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 1:45pm

I am so sorry that you are having problems... Bleeding is never a good thing but it doesn't have to be then end!

Thinking of you!!!

XXX
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 2:31pm

Firstly, ask your clinic for a regular weekly scan until the bleeding has well and truly stopped, so that you both don't go insane with worry. Even if it's every 2 weeks, it'll give you that all important reassurance.

I know exactly how you are feeling. I bled in my 1st pg from wks 5 -15, sometimes lightly, sometimes really heavy, sometimes bright red and sometimes brown. There was no pattern to it. From what you described it sounds as though you had a haematoma or blood clot next to your pg sac, which is exactly what I had. I continued with my pg and had a healthy little girl, so try not to give up hope.

Secondly, stay in bed. Complete bedrest is what I was told to do. Even if there is no medical evidence that it works, you are not doing anything physical that you could blame if things didn't work out.

I'll keep everything crossed for you. Chin up and don't get out of bed unless you have to. Sending you all big hugs.

Zig x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 3:09pm

Hey hun stay positive hope everything works out ok xxxx

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 3:23pm

Thanks everyone, am staying in bed, the cramping was so bad this morning I couldn't have done much else. Have passed an enormous clot so I don't know if that was what all the pain was about and also not sure if that means its all over. Don't know - not sure anyone knows really because at this stage (6wks) I don't think I would actually see anything if I did m/c. I suppose if it is happening I'd just keep bleeding heavily for the next few days? Feeling a bit better at the moment because the pain has stopped since the clot. DH suggested maybe I have lost what they saw on the scan? Lots of questions and no answers! Have another scan on 12th so I suppose its just hanging on till then.

Torisen

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 4:02pm

I did misscarry a twin and thought that I might have passed it when I got lots of clots... It was still there though... I was in pain but I think that was due to the cervix dialating to pass the clots!

I know that my experience was negative due to the twin not making it but what I am trying to say is that the sac was still there after a massive bleed so there is hope for you...
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

JenC

Ace

Reg: Sep 21st 2006

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 4:31pm

Hi Rosey
I am sorry you are going through this, dont give up hope sweetie.
I know your probably going mad resting lots, but its best for you and little beanie boo. Thinking of you and I wish you all the best
Everything will be fine, I have everything xfingers for you
:xxx: blowkiss

Just been shopping, so have one of my :chocs: to cheer you up
JEN:cat: Sept 07 - 1st IVF:BFN: Feb 08 - 2nd IVF:BFP::happy:

happydance bab15 MUMMY AT LONG LAST , Amy Louise was born via Emergency C-Section on the 27th Oct 08 happydancebab15

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 6:26pm

hi - no advice really - just wanted to say that i hope everything is ok
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Jul 21st 2007

Children: Baby boy Brennan...born 23rd April 09

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 6:38pm

Sorry your having to go through this hun,fingers crossed that everything is ok for you x x x
ME 33 DH 36
TTC 4 YEARS
2006 TUBAL ECTOPIC
2007 IVF CORNUAL ECTOPIC
2008 FET BFP! TWINS BUT LOST ONE AT 7W3D

BRENNAN MATTHEW WATTS BORN VIA C SECTION ON 23RD APRIL 2009
OUR DREAM HAS COME TRUE WE GOT THERE IN THE END :happy:

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 9:21pm

If I were you I would speak to the clinic again on Monday morning and ask them to do bloods at the very least, and maybe another scan. Tell them about the clot you passed too. Surely you can't wait for 12 days before they check you again? I would question this hun. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. xx
I have 4 lovely big kids

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 4:14pm

Hi rosey- if your still bleeding in the morning then i would suggest that you call the EPAu for advice. THey may do an internal scan which may give you some answers and hopefully reassurance. They may also check you hcg levels.
Hope things settle for you- keep resting now.
xx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 5:42pm

Rosey

I am so sorry that it hasn't eased up. I agree with Mrs Smiff and Rose, get onto your clinic tomorrow and ask for bloods and an early scan. You shouldn't have to wait until the 12th for another.

Hope you are still getting plenty of rest

xx

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 6:11pm

Thanks - bleeding now changed to dark brown spotting, just like last weekend apart from the clot. Will phone clinic tomorrow and see what they say. I'm not that anxious at the moment, not because I think everything is okay, I'm not that deluded, but because I'm a bit exhausted with all emotional rollercoaster we have been on. just taking each minute/hour at a time and seeing what it brings. Have done some research on the net and there is something called Subchronic Haematoma - symptoms sound similar to mine and prognosis appears to be about 50/50. So will have to wait and see, don't like the local EPU as I had to have a D&C there with my missed m/c and it holds horrible memories. Would rather contact clinic and see if they will give me a scan this week.

dwarf

Star

Children: ds 2yrs

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 8:28am

Rosey so sorry you are going through this. Keeping everything crossed for you. xxxxx
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 10:45am

Rosey

I think its very important you contact someone at your clinic for reassurance if nothing else. Don't go through this alone.

Really hoping that all will be ok for you and DH.

:hugs:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 11:16am

how are you today rosie

thinking about you

xxx

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 2:33pm

I've written in my diary but just as an update bleeding has changed to just v.light spotting today. Called the clinic and they want to wait week/10 days before doing another scan. I pushed it so nurse talked to a doctor. She called me back and the doctor she spoke to I have every faith in and he said they want to wait because a. if something is going wrong it may take that long to happen b. the internal scans can disturb things and if things are a bit fragile thats not a good idea. It is possible I have passed the clot which was seen on the scan but basically nobody knows for sure.

While I was waiting for the clinic to call back I called the local EPU :innocent: and they said exactly the same thing as my clinic so I was satisfied I had got the correct advice by the time the clinic called me back. They said I should do a HPT on friday and if its positive and I am still worried they could book me in for a scan the following week - so I'd be no better off so I'll wait and have the scan at the clinic on the 12th as arranged. In the meantime I shall probably go mental with worry! PS don't see any point in doing a HPT because it takes about 14 days for the HCG to leave your body anyway so whats the point!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 3:14pm

I'm sorry you're having to go through this complete agony Primrose. Waiting and worrying seems to be the order of the day eh? :rolleyes:

Hope the bleeding stops and that it was nothing at all xfingers

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 3:56pm

I'm glad it's just light spotting now. It's good to have an explanation from the clinic as to why to wait - I think we just think of scans as informative rather than possibly jiggling things around. Come on here if you need to stop yourself from going loopy in the meantime, or do whatever you need to do. The week will pass, eventually.

Thinking of you. Hope the spotting stops now. xx
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Torisen

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 3:58pm

Rose, I am pleased that you got that reply (about waiting). I tried to post exactly the same thing this morning but my computer (internet connection) is very slow at times!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

ZIG

Ace

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 4:15pm

This all sounds fairly positive Rosie - thank goodness. Like Limpet says, shout if you need us. In the meantime, feet up and lots of reading and telly.

Thinking of you.
Zig x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

Reg: Feb 11th 2007

Children: My children are wonderful!

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 4:23pm

Glad you are satisfied that you are following the correct course, you sound very level headed, well done. Keep resting and good luck for Friday if you do a HPT.

Me 39, DH 40 Children, Lucy and DS (7)
Lucy lost in car accident 8th April 2002
TTC 6 years - ICSI x 4 - :BFN: x 4

Spider's Diary

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 9:12pm

glad things seem to have settlled down - and yep that makes sense about not scanning so not to disturb anything. Fingers crossed all is quiet from now on.
xx

Reg: Feb 25th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful boy - age 4

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 11:46am

I hope you're still feeling better Rosey and not going insane with the wait x

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 10:18am

Good luck for your scan today. x
I have 4 lovely big kids

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 4:27pm

Hope your ok, and scan was good news x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 6:43pm

I can't believe it!!! :D :D :D

The scan was 100% perfect! Little beanie is enormous (well to me anyway!) actually measures 5 days bigger than it should do for dates! No sign of any bleeding and cervix closed so no sign of any impending danger either. The scaning lady had a really good look round and could see nothing untoward at all and she doesn't mince her words if she thinks there is a problem. She was wonderful and came in on her day off, she really thought it was curtains for us too, we were all in tears at the end of it!

Thank you all for thinking of me and keeping me going - this really is a miracle!

Torisen

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 6:51pm

OH SWEETIE!!!! How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Saz

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 6:54pm

Oh thats fantastic news!!!!!!!!

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 6:59pm

Fab news very pleased for you :D :D
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Sep 17th 2007

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 7:05pm

Fantastic news after all that worry! So pleased to hear it.
Hope that everything runs a bit more smoothly from now on in there.

love Kat x
:cat:

31/1/08 - :BFP: Conceived naturally after 2 unsuccessful clomid cycles
08/10/08 - bab11 Arrival of Baby Alexander

:dust: May your wishes come true :dust:

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 8:01pm

Fab news :D so pleased for you! and what a lovely scanning lady!

xxx

<

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 8:10pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Nice one, Rosey!!

Was it Annie who came in on her day off? What a treasure.

Now, do you think you can stop worrying a bit?! Do you remember you said when you announced your bfp that you were going to have a worry-free pg this time and not be as neurotic? I concede that bleeding can make you worry, but now it's slowed off and now you have a gorgeous beanie, I hope you can relax and enjoy life a bit!

More grins for you... :D :D :D :D
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 10:17pm

Thats brilliant!!! I'm so pleased your little one is doing so well!! :D

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Emmsy

Star

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 11:19pm

Fantastic news Rosie :D :D :D x x x

Me 36 DH 41 TTC 9yrs

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 7:51am

ooh that is fantasic news

xxx

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 2:57pm

Excellent news hun! Keep going!
I have 4 lovely big kids

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 3:04pm

Only just read your update! What utterly fantastic news!!!

:) :)) :]

So happy for you xxx

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 5:07pm

Thank you everyone - DH and I still in shock but also so pleased we keep hugging each other for no reason! Its just the most amazing miracle - all the evidence pointed towards it all being over and here we are not just okay but very okay with little beanie doing so well!!!

Yes I am going to start enjoying this pregnancy now I promise!

ps yes Limpet it was Annie :D

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 5:44pm

glad everything is ok. hope you have a event free pg from here on...
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

treezuk

Superstar

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 6:26pm

Great news Rosey... Im glad to hear everything is well...

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31

dwarf

Star

Children: ds 2yrs

Friday, March 14th 2008, 11:47am

Aaaah Rosey so pleased for you... that's wonderful. Bet you can't stop grinning. Take it easy now yo - less lifting!
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE