You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Peppermint Patty" started this thread

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Wednesday, February 20th 2008, 11:15pm

i went to the local spa type place today and asked the lady to massage my back - she did so whilst i sat back to front on a chair with my head and hands on a pillow over the chair head bit....i must say i loved it.... she didnt use any essential oils and i think she used rose hip which she said is safe whilst pg... i would like to go back in two weeks and have the same back massage and then lie on the bed so she can do my legs, arms and gently rub over my tummy - i would really find this soothing plus it would help my dry skin to no you think i am ok to do this?
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Jun 12th 2007

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:44am

I have had massage quite regularly whilst pregnant. My lady used a water bed, which meant that I stayed on my back and she massages my back through the water. The water bed is warm too which is lovely. Maybe it's worth finding a place that does that - it certainly helped me.

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:25am

Hi PP,

I have had a few pre natal thai massages myself, they are deemed quiet safe as long as they are using the appropriate oils and not putting pressure where they shouldn't be.

If you decide to have one, let us know how it goes, it's a little piece of heaven!

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:58am

As long as your therapist is aware that you are pregnant (hard to miss at 35 weeks!!) and is qualified in the use of essential oils/pressure points, which I'm sure she is, then a lovely massage sounds just the thing!

If you were going for a deep massage which can affect your lymph drainage and circulation then yes, caution... but to have a gentle relaxing massage which is no more dangerous than you rubbing body lotion into yourself.... oooh yes, lovely!!

For anyone going for a massage in pregnancy it's important to discuss your massage with your therapist and make sure you feel happy with what she will do so that you can completely relax and feel happy throughout the session.

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 11:02am

Just wanted to add, you should not be massaged before 12 weeks. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 11:20am

I have had a massage before 12 weeks, I thought it was ok as long as you do stimulate certain points / area on the body....
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues