Unread posts
  • "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SingingNun" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:07am

Blues

Is it possible to get antenatal blues? I've been at home a month now. Last week in hospital I had the blues so bad the midwife wanted me to sit by them for a bit as I was crying so much. They even thought I had postnatal depression as it was in notes but for family history. I didn't know until I left hosp that they'd wrote in the notes and the consultant did apologise following day and my midwife was surprised as she thought it was clear. I know every new mum can get postnatal depression and I am aware that it is a possibility but who knows how you'll cope until baby comes? Now - a week on - being at home majority of day alone with Herbie I am really feeling bit emotional. I feel so lucky to be within 5wks of meeting our baby I feel guilty feeling like this but I can't disguise my feelings being at home all time I do feel bit down and tired. Anyone else feeling "blue"? Am I normal to feel like this?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "SingingNun" (Jan 31st 2008, 10:10am)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:20am

I think it's normal to feel like that. You go from being your own person, working, being mentally stimulated and being around your friends... to being sat at home, tired, uncomfortable and lonely. It's hard to feel excited/grateful 'all' the time... and there are so many things to worry about right now. It can feel like a bit of a downward spiral BUT you have to remember that your hormones right now are responsible for a lot of how you're feeling. I'm not disregarding your real fears and worries but pregnancy seems to magnify the emotions we have.

Allow yourself to accept that this feeling, right now, will pass. Just because you feel like this now it does not guarantee that you will have PND.....

Read back some of our other ladies threads from the 3rd tri and then read their threads when baby is a few month old. They're like different people without all those pesky hormones getting in the way!!

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:22am

Thanks Bells - I just wanted to voice my feelings as I can imagine I am not only one. You captured my feelings v.well.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:26am

It's good that you feel you can get it off your chest. It's better than locking yourself in the bathroom and sobbing your heart out isn't it?

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:28am

'tis true ....

You spend 8 months gearing up to this massive event, counting down the days and looking forward to it. Then you just .... wait :tired: and time goes so slowly, every day feels like a week .... it feels like a bit of an anti-climax, but it is your hormones running ragged ... and will pass ....
Look through the baby's clothes, pe-pack your bags ... anything that reminds you what you've got coming lurve

You'll soon feel better :hugs:

Ethel

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:36am

Sending you a big hug hun

I know I am not pregnant hun and dont have the high hormones but i am sort of hanging around now and feel a bit of sadness at the mo inside that sometimes i cant shift. when I know i shld be happy and I do feel happy if that makes sense

I had a fabulous weekend, some lovely friends did an adoption shower for me and it was wondeful. But this week at work felt utterly mardy lol. I am sure it will lift.

But youo know last night and night before i looked at all my pressies etc as Kirsty said and it made me all excited. I know though i dont have hormones that you have so probably totally different and perhaps its just me being mardy

Anyway sending you another big hug and take care

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:39am

Hi lorraine,

Big Big :hugs:, dont worry I felt the same, i think for me it was part Panicing part nerves part fed up.

So good you mentioned it, shouldn't let felings like that fester.
Give your self a pat on the back because You ARE doing so well, This bit is just a stage and it will pass.

You are going to be a fab mummy to a lovley princess. x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:40am

Hi Lorraine

I hope you are ok, I had similar feelings.....admitted to hospital at 30 weeks (discharged after nearly a week), then had my baby at 37 weeks. I was signed off work, not able to drive etc and I think looking back I got lonely.

As difficult as it is, savour the time, you'll soon meet your little baby and that 'alone' time will be a distant memory !

I think I quite enjoyed being able to potter about, doing my own thing buit always looked forward to DH coming home.

Make sure you take up an offers of visitors !

Take care

xxxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 10:42am

I don't think so Ethel. It's hard to maintain that hight level of excitement when there's so much worry, hope, organisation and preparation and life around us still goes on and we still have to do the day to day stuff. I think that's the same whether you have pregnancy hormones or not.

Ethel

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 1:37pm

Thanks hun :D

Not sure if its because i have started back on pill again as well

Sorry to hijack thread Lorraine - hope you feel better soon

Reg: Jun 8th 2006

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 2:02pm

Sorry to hear that you feel blue.

I think it is probably really understandable, for all the reasons that Bells mentioned. I remember when I was out of work for a few months and stuck at home, i became incredibly depressed and felt very isolated.

The only thing i can suggest is to try and give yourself some structure to your day, or plan little treats like watching a film that your DH would never want to watch with you....Pretty Woman or Dirty Dancing are always good options. As someone said, invite lots of people over, if your back is bothering you its a good opportunity for them to come to you and make you a cup of tea - make sure they bring biscuits too!

Really hope you feel better soon :flowers:
Petra

5 years ttc
Endemetriosis
2005 - 3 IUI
1st IVF - 2006 - BFN
Nov 2006 - FET - BFP - 3/01/07 m/c at 8 weeks - blighted ovum

Nov 2007 - FET - :BFP: - bab21

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 2:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ethel
Thanks hun :D

Not sure if its because i have started back on pill again as well

Sorry to hijack thread Lorraine - hope you feel better soon

No worries Ethel! I am just glad I got Herbie with me - that poor dog has to listen to my mutterings all day - no wonder he is so pleased to see DH when he comes home!!! I do go out each morning for our walk and alternate where we go for variety then we get back and cuddle up in the warm and I try to keep busy reading magazines etc and watching "naff tv" as DH calls it like Loose Women etc!

xxx Lorraine xxx

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 3:23pm

oh yep lorraine the last weeks can make the happiest person in the world feel down, we all have different ways of dealing with it but it definatly helps to get it out in the open.....i got serious cabin fever....i used to go for a drive to asda on an evening on my own just to get out of the house lol! :D

exercise is good as that alone can lift your mood....and if all else fails theres always chocolate!!! :D

sending you huge hugs hunny...:hugs:

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 5:16pm

If you're anything like me, it's not just the loneliness/uncomfortableness but the realisation that it's all going to happen in a month's time and to be honest you don't really have a clue what to expect or what you're going to have to do. I will never forget the moment that DS and I came home from hospital. There was a huge question hanging in the middle of the room - what do I do now? Half of you wants to run away from it all because it's going to be such hard work, but the other half can't wait. It's a real mixture of emotions.

You will get through it. Keep a little bit busy, do rest enough, and I know your dog is keeping you walking too, so that's good. Winter doesn't help either.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 5:36pm

I went through it too. In fact I think theres probably a thread about it too. I was so terrified that I would never be able to sleep again and that my marriage would fall apart, neither of which has happened. The constant phone calls from my family asking if anything had happended yet really got on my nerves! And my MIL practically pinned me to the sofa to stop me 'overdoing it'! Exercise like walking the doggy is a very good thing to do, as is talking about it. I'm sure its a lot more common that people realise.

• United Kingdom

Friday, February 1st 2008, 11:03am

blowkissThanks everyone!:thumbsup2:

I feel v.tired today but I am glad I got it off my chest. I got to wait for carpet etc to be cleaned before I can go out but will go out this afternoon for fresh air. Herbie is v.good dog and he follows me round. Last thing at night he will check I am coming to bed before he goes and lies on his bed. I can't believe that next month I will have a baby and it is v.exciting and at same time overwhelming that a new life is dependant on us for love, nourishment. I am going to ring my friend and invite her over/me over there Monday once I have seen midwife and she has checked bp. Majority of time I am happy at home but as my post demonstrated not all the time.

xxx Lorraine xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE