You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "laura71" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Thursday, November 22nd 2007, 1:13pm

Contractions, Pain and Nursing Bras!

Hi

I have 3 weeks to go and up until this morning felt quite calm about everything. I am very excited but I've started to have all these anxious feelings about the birth which I suppose is only normal.

Will I know when I am having a contraction? Sometimes I get a twinge and I think is this it! I'm also scared of the pain ... I've been using my hyno natal therapy CD to help with breathing etc but I can't imagine myself giving birth or how I will cope with the pain.

Apart from that side of things can anyone give me some advice on getting a nursing bra. I want to buy one to take into hospital with me but obviously not sure on what size. I've been told your boobs get bigger once the milk comes in, should I buy a cup size bigger? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

love
Laura xx

===================================
Me 37 DH 44

2000-2006 3 missed m/c, PCOS, endo
Feb07 high-level NKCells found - start Prednisalone
Apr07 :BFP: I[zx076]Mr Shehata

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, November 22nd 2007, 4:12pm

Laura regards contractions you will know when it is the real thing it is like a very strong period pain and pulls slightly.

Labour is something completely new so you are bound to be anxious but in my experience it was a nice feeling, yes it hurts but it's a positive pain, and you will cope your mind and body have been preparing for this for 9 months everything will fall into place, listen you your body.

As for bras I would get measured to be on the safe side, your boobs do get heavey and you need good support.

Good luck hun xx

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Thursday, November 22nd 2007, 4:28pm

Laura, would you say that you understand the labour process?

I found that the more I know about what will happen, how my body was going to react and what hormones etc it would produce I started looking forward to the contractions.

I knew exactly what was what and managed to speed up and slow down labour depending on how I felt.

When it starts you will know!
When you are in enough pain so it leaves you speechless then you will be on your way! :D

Remember that your body will produce it's own pain relief if you let it do it's thing

The pain is not for a long period, you will have breaks in between where you can rest.
I found that moving around was good for me.

Good luck :D
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, November 22nd 2007, 9:07pm

Oh sweety I am the biggest woose going and trust me you are so excited and happy that you will feel like wonder woman!! Your body is designed to do this and everything will happen as it should - your body knows what to do. Its the fear of the unknown but if it was so bad nobody would go back to have a second would they. There are lost of things they can give you to help with the pain if you need it and just remember with every contraction you are one step further to meeting your baby.

I got measued at M&S for a nursing bra at 38 weeks. I found them to be fine even when my milk came in.

Good luck - trust me you will never have a feeling like it when you have that little screaming bundle handed to you!!

xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 22nd 2007, 9:56pm

RE: Contractions, Pain and Nursing Bras!

Quoted

Originally posted by laura71
Hi

I have 3 weeks to go and up until this morning felt quite calm about everything. I am very excited but I've started to have all these anxious feelings about the birth which I suppose is only normal.

It 'is' normal to be anxious. It's an unknown quantity and try as we might to explain it we can't, you have to go through it and see for yourself. It hurts, it can be scary at times as it's not very often that we experience such intense feelings and it's not often that our body does something which we can have no control over. It's a real rollercoaster ride but it's such a gift to experience it and your birth experience 'will' shape who you are for the rest of your life. I feel absolutely honoured to have experienced two births and I know many other women do whether they had a good or a bad time.... and you will too!

Quoted

Will I know when I am having a contraction? Sometimes I get a twinge and I think is this it! I'm also scared of the pain ... I've been using my hyno natal therapy CD to help with breathing etc but I can't imagine myself giving birth or how I will cope with the pain.

You will know... at first you will probably think "is it? isn't it?" but eventually you'll know. At some point you will realise that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that you could EVER have been in any doubt.... it's a bit like saying "will I notice if I get knocked over by a bus?" ... :D yes... you'll know! If it takes you a few hours to figure out whether you're in early labout then that's ok... nothing much is happening, you don't need to be in hospital at that stage... so it doesn't matter.

The pain is.... well painful but it's a different kind of pain than you will ever have experienced before. It comes in waves and you get a break between each pain. In between you're just you.,... it's not like on the telly where the woman on the bed is thrashing about breathlessly in a continuous bout of agony... it starts off and it builds up and all you can do is breathe and get yourself comfy. It's really not scary...

Try not to worry, your main goal is to stay relaxed and let your body do the work. Use your CD to learn how to zone out. You really do not need to do much physically apart from relax, be comfortable and breathe..... if you can do those things then your body will be primed to do the job in hand.

Don't worry.. it's fun!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, November 23rd 2007, 11:55am

RE: Contractions, Pain and Nursing Bras!

Quoted

Originally posted by Bells
.... it's a bit like saying "will I notice if I get knocked over by a bus?" ... :D yes... you'll know!

Don't worry.. it's fun!

that made me pmsl! very true,
i was the biggest scaredy pants in the world and i have a natural delivery with H 3 weeks ago, and it was a wonderful experience! take it all in your stride, keep and open mind and enjoy every minute of it....ok yep it hurts but as soon as your gorgeous baby is in your arms it is all a distant memory.....it cant be that bad can it??? otherwise we wouldnt want more babies.... lots of love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 21st 2007

Children: Caeden 3yrs, Logan 15 months

Tuesday, November 27th 2007, 3:43pm

for 3 days i was wondering if this was it or not but you definitely know when it the real thing! the contractions are painful but its a different kind of pain, once you've got through them you've cracked it cuz giving birth is amazing! :D dont worry.. you'll love it hehe

Simone xxx
Simone - 25 - Proud Single Mummy :D
Two beautiful boys and a little lady on the way!!

• "laura71" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2006

Tuesday, November 27th 2007, 6:26pm

Thanks everyone, I do feel a lot better hearing your advice and knowing I'm not alone feeling anxious. I have read about the different stages of labour so feel prepared for what to expect to some extent. Am feeling a liitle more relaxed now and a lot more excited. Found out last week that I may have to have the baby a week early and will definitely not be going overdue (low amnio fluid). I have my aromatherapy oil, my birth ball and my tens machine plus my lovely hubby to help me and in 2 weeks time I'm going to be a mummy (a 6 year wait)! I'm sure I will be nervous but in a happy excited way.

Big hugs to everyone!

Laura xx

===================================
Me 37 DH 44

2000-2006 3 missed m/c, PCOS, endo
Feb07 high-level NKCells found - start Prednisalone
Apr07 :BFP: I[zx076]Mr Shehata

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Sunday, December 2nd 2007, 2:32pm

Hi

Your nearly there sweetie,

You will know when your having contractions, the best way to describe it, as my midwife told me, If the pain takes your breath away and stops you in your tracks then it is a real contraction, if you have to question yourself was it, wasnt it, then it probably wasnt

I am not sure if you have been getting braxton hicks, I had massive ones and on the actual day i went into labour, they just got stronger and stronger untill like i said before it took my breath away, and they where coming every 5 mins

But i managed to walk my dog, cook tea, and have a bath while having contractions, i suppose everyone is different

I have heard some people get really bad back pain, and like a normal contraction comes in waves, getting stronger and then easing off

Hope you have your bag packed, its such an exciting time :D
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE