Unread posts

csam

Star

• "csam" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 9:30am

ANTERIOR PLACENTA

Hi

I am 21+5 today and although I have felt little senations (it feels like a little pulse in my tummy) since I was 17 weeks I haven't felt a *kick* yet.

At my scan I found out I had an anterior placenta. I was was just wondering for those who had the same when they first felt kicks ? I assume that the position of the placenta won't stop me feeling kicks at some point ?

Thanks in advance :D

xxxxxxxx

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 9:45am

Hi, you will feel movements more strongly as baby grows, I felt movements more in my sides and the centre of my back (if that makes sense to you!) more than up front :) I only felt proper front kicks when I was 30+ weeks, hope this helps :))

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 9:48am

It's still early days for very big 'kicks' as baby is still quite small inside quite a lot of fluid, baby still has room to swoosh around without making contact with your tummy. In another 10 weeks baby will be getting a bit more squashed for room and those movements will be more palpable.

Even though we say 'kicks' we really mean movements as elbows and knees come into contact with your tummy, the really BIG movements are reserved for those last few months of pregnancy. As long as you have a reasonably slim stomach without a substantial layer of fat then anterior placenta or not, when your entire belly is moving from one side to another... you will feel it and you will see it!

I know you're worried about this because you've posted so many times about it lately but the only thing you can do is wait. You've seen that baby is healthy and active on the scan so try to be reassured.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 9:48am

Sorry Missy, cross posted xxx

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 9:50am

Its ok hun :D I remember when you was having to tell me the exact same thing as you typed above!!! :D

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 9:52am

And I suggested that we redesign the human race to incorporate a window in our tummies 'a la teletubbies'? :D

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 10:53am

It really should be done, or even just a speaker!! Do you think in hundreds of thousands of years that we will have evolved to do that?! :D

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 10:59am

Hi petal,
You've not stopped worrying then :no:
I probably wouldn't describe mine as hearty kicks. they're more substantial sensations now in that i can feel them when I'm doing other things whereas a couple of weeks ago I had to be lying very still and quietly to feel anything at all. That said you can feel them from the outside now and occasionally see the skin move (if I lift my top up). From hearing what other people have said it varies a lot from person to person and baby to baby. You might feel something stronger tomorrow or it might not come for weeks yet. That's not much help or reassurance I know :whoops:

xxx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE