You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Missy

Superstar

• "Missy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, December 16th 2005, 12:00pm

Breech

Spent yesterday, last night and most of this morning with my bottom on pillows. Still she's got her head under my ribs!! I really, really want this baby to turn!! I know I should be patient and if she's going to turn she will do it in her own time.. but I REALLY DON"T want a CS!!!! ;(

Has anyone got any ideas on turning them?? Oh, I tried the knee to chest (went dizzy) ice under the ribs (very cold, and she didn't bat an eyelid) and the kneeling on all fours and rocking pelvis (have you seriously tried this with a big pregnant belly??!)

Am now thinking Moxi, but does anyone know how effective and how much I'd be looking at paying?? Any other ideas will be thoroughly tried and tested!!!

xx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Friday, December 16th 2005, 12:22pm

Aw hun! I'm sure she will turn!

I dont know any other ways I'm sorry! maybe your gym ball will help when you get that?

what about drinking lots of 'noisy' drinks like coke?

keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Missy

Superstar

Friday, December 16th 2005, 12:29pm

Cheers hun!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Friday, December 16th 2005, 1:03pm

can`t midwives turn them? i`m sure i saw a baby programm where a woman wanted a vaginal birth but the baby was breech, i`m sure the midwife kind of coaxed the baby to move round by putting pressure there i think!
or would she turn round if you got into a shallow bath and kept splashin warm water onto your lower bump? i know that dd used to move to one side when i did this! loved the warmth!
i really hope you get baby to move round for you!
xx

me 25,
partner 33,
7 year old daughter
3 step daughters aged 9, 5 and 3
3 m/c 01, 04 and o5

Missy

Superstar

Friday, December 16th 2005, 1:10pm

Thanks Dizz. Apparently can't have ECV as I've had too many bleeding episodes and my placenta is still quite low. Bugger!! I think I'm just destined to have a CS!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Friday, December 16th 2005, 1:24pm

maybe if you put pressure on your top half of ribs, she`ll move round?

me 25,
partner 33,
7 year old daughter
3 m/c 01, 04 and o5

Friday, December 16th 2005, 2:40pm

Sam
I'm not an expert in this but my mum and I were chatting about this the other day - years ago doctors used to turn babies manually around. Apparently they don't do it anymore unless asked for because it isn't thought to be safe, I think the worry was that there could be something stopping the baby turning (like the cord). This may be all old-wives tales though.

Our Yoga teacher suggests getting on all fours regular (ie while watching the TV!!) alright for her, she can put both legs up behind her ears still!

Missy

Superstar

Friday, December 16th 2005, 4:44pm

Anythings worth a try!!! Cheers hun!! People forget you are less flexible while pg!!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, December 16th 2005, 6:03pm

Sam,

Moxi is supposed to be EXCELLENT!!!! You have to have it done at a certain time though, and I'm not sure when it is, so find out about it QUICK! :D

• "RealityGap" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 3rd 2005

Children: DS1 - born 12/02 DD - born 6/04 and DS2 born 10/06

Friday, December 16th 2005, 7:05pm

Sam, I think that you are worrying too early with this being your second delievery your baby still has time to turn

I had never heard of Moxi so I googled it and found this reply

http://nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/faq.asp?newsid=11273&p=11

I did come across some suggestion that relaxing was a good way of allowing the baby to turn as your stomach muscles are more relaxed and make it easier for the baby to turn

I was told to sit on a dining room chair backwards, use my birthing ball and get down on all fours was the best way to move the baby, there are other suggestions of putting a sorce of cold at the babys head as they dont like the cold and will move from it, also shining a torch onto the bottom of your bump as some babys will move towards the light source - I never tried either so have no idea if they work - my dd turned all by herself at 36.5 weeks and up to then she was often breech

hth

RGx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, December 16th 2005, 7:25pm

I liked the answer that lady got on that link, she was referred to the Radical Midwives website which is one that I've spent lots of time on and recommended to lots of women on here.

The reason that I said that moxi can only be performed at a certain time is that there's only a week or two window where it's effective and it shouldn't be performed too early or too late. I wasn't sure what that window was.

Having Googled it seems that most research suggests that it is effective between 34 and 36 weeks. It's something I would try, it can't hurt can it? If it doesn't work then baby may still turn on its own and if it does work well...... brill! :D

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Friday, December 16th 2005, 7:40pm

what is moxi?

samd said something about insence and toes? or was I dreaming... ?(

Jessica x x

Missy

Superstar

Friday, December 16th 2005, 8:05pm

The only reason I'm worrying is because she's been head down now. With her only having half a womb so to speak to move around in I am concerned that if she doesn't turn before she runs out of room she won't be able to!! She is pretty cramped as it is as she is reasonably big!!

I am definately going to give moxi a go.

xxxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Friday, December 16th 2005, 8:27pm

ooh I wish I lived near you so I could come and watch!!

that'd be great!! :D

Jessica x x

Friday, December 16th 2005, 8:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by samd
The only reason I'm worrying is because she's been head down now. With her only having half a womb so to speak to move around in I am concerned that if she doesn't turn before she runs out of room she won't be able to!! She is pretty cramped as it is as she is reasonably big!!

I am definately going to give moxi a go.

xxxx

I think that you are right to give it a go you have to do what you feel best - but have faith - your little one does have the room she need to move around in time, I know that it doesnt seem that way your body and your baby are wonderful things and it will work out

Let us know how the moxi goes and what happens :)

RGx

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, December 17th 2005, 11:49am

Bleurgh.. toes!!! I tell you what, I'll take a picture for you!!! ;)

She has moved in the night and is lying sideways on, she keeps making a twitching movement, its almost like she is trying to shuffle!!

TURN, BABY, TURN!!!!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Saturday, December 17th 2005, 2:41pm

Samd
Best of luck hun, i hope the baby turns in time for you - im sure you will be ok. x

TTC - 12+ years
IVF/ICSI - May 05 BFN
IVF/ICSI - Sept 05 Very Very long awaited for BFP!!!!(Had Acupuncture & Took Baby Asprin)

Sadly Lost our Beautiful Baby Boy SAM 21 wks Gest - 12th January 2006, and he was truly my miracle....
I Love You Sam xxx

Saturday, December 17th 2005, 3:37pm

tunring sideways is good and shows that you have room for her to move all the way round - hoping you wake tomorrow and she has done a huge flip and is lying nicely head down :)

RGx

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, December 17th 2005, 4:39pm

I hope so too!! They haven't said anything at the hospital about my other chamber shrinking yet.. (my womb is heart shped, split into 2 chambers which means that the baby only has half the room to grow unless the other half shrinks to allow the other to expand, majority of babies are breech or tranverse when this happens as they run out of room)

Con's did seem a little concerned when she had turned head up, but only time will tell.. She is still sideways, but its progress, I think she just likes worrying me, and because its been pretty much plain sailing that I am just worried it seems a little too perfect!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Missy

Superstar

Monday, December 19th 2005, 11:23am

Had ALOT of moving last night, she was tossing and turning this way and that. One thing that worried me though was this 'sinking' feeling I had in my belly.. it almost felt like my innards were being vaccuumed out, it was very strange. I didn't feel alot of pressure around my cervix or anything.. but I remember lying there thinking "oh God, please don't come out now!!" Today baby is very quiet, and she seems to have moved downwards from what I can feel, and my stomach feels like I'm not pregnant at all.. I know that this is probably lightening, but what was I feeling last night??

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Monday, December 19th 2005, 11:39am

she was probaby dancin!
not sure actuall what it was you were feelin, maybe someone else could help you there.
if she was over active lastnight, then she may just be resting, but i think the midwives say to contact them if you dont feel movement for so long, not sure if it`s 4 hours.
hopefully she`s moved head down now. ;) :D
xx

me 25,
partner 33,
7 year old daughter
3 m/c 01, 04 and o5

Missy

Superstar

Monday, December 19th 2005, 11:55am

Scrap that, shes wakened up now!! Very active again, not worried about her not moving or being too active, she does seem to get very active, I'm sure I've read that they're supposed to be quieter now!!

I really can't describe the feeling, it didn't feel like bearing down, or like she was heading downwards, it was just wierd!!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, December 19th 2005, 12:03pm

Do you think that she has turned? Can you feel where she is when you feel your tummy?

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Monday, December 19th 2005, 12:07pm

I get that feeling during my contractions or braxton hicks, its like I've suddenly grown a bowling ball in my belly and the weight is really pulling me down!! I feel like gravity has suddenly got ahold of me and I too feel like he's just gonna pop out!!

its a horrible feeling, it makes me feel like I'm going to wet myself!

But I know what you mean though, that you dont get a bearring down feeling! I think its just your muscles preparing for the big day again! I seem to get 3 different types of Braxton hicks

1) the pulling down feeling
2) A period type cramp in my stomach and back
and
3) an awful spasmy pain that stops me dead in my tracks!

But I dont get all 3 at once!

Jessica x x

Missy

Superstar

Monday, December 19th 2005, 12:13pm

Bells, she is on the opposite side to where she was the othere day, but the way she is lying, I can feel a round hard lump in my pelvis, and a round hard lump under my rib!! Either could be an ass!! I am getting kicked under my rib now, but the other day she had her feet by her ears so ?(

Jess, have been having strong Bh's for a while too, they are more a clenching of my pelvic muscles, lower back and front of bump. They have a quite powerful sensation and sometimes take my breath away.

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Monday, December 19th 2005, 12:15pm

perhaps its our lil-ens pushing their feet against our ribs and pushing down?!?! ha ha!!

very very weird though

Jessica x x

Missy

Superstar

Monday, December 19th 2005, 12:21pm

Bells has just hit the nail on the head in her other post, it was like someone was inflating a balloon on the inside and it was just like waiting for it to pop!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Monday, December 19th 2005, 12:28pm

sorry PG brain what did she say it was sorry?!?! lol

Jessica x x

Missy

Superstar

Monday, December 19th 2005, 12:30pm

On your cervix post, she said it was like a balloon had popped when her water went!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, December 24th 2005, 5:28pm

Well, I think she's finally head down!! just keeping my fingers crossed she stays there!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE