You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Rainey

• "Rainey" started this thread

Reg: Jul 12th 2006

Monday, February 26th 2007, 12:53pm

whirlpool baths? yes or no?

Quick question........are you allowed to use a whirlpool bath during pregnancy??!

I've checked the web and some sites say they are okay and some say forget it and don't use! I'm not seeing my mw until next week so wondered if anyone had ever asked this question before?

xx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, February 26th 2007, 1:19pm

It's the temperature of the water that's the problem rather than the swirly water.

Public Jacuzzis are best avoided because they are usually quite hot. If you have a Whirlpool bath at home and are able to control the temperature then there's no reason why you shouldn't use it.

Think about it logically, there's nothing that bubbly or swirly water can do to an unborn baby is there? Hot water will raise your body temperature which isn't advisable and is one of the reasons why strenuous exercise is also best avoided during pregnancy.

As long as you use your common sense then there's no reason why you shouldn't enjoy bubbling your dumpling in your whirlpool :D

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Children: Connor 8, Freya 4, Harri and Rhys 3

Monday, February 26th 2007, 6:12pm

Hi I am luky enough to have a hot tub, I still used it when pg with Freya as I was pg in the summer and able to turn the heat down, my midwife said it was ok as long as temp not above 37 degrees..................I have not used it so far this pg as its outside and its to cold to have the temp that low this time of year, so roll on the warm whether so I can hop back in!!

Karenxx

p.s. its amazing for a bad back!!

3 Baby Angels

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE