You are not logged in.

Unread posts

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 2:34pm

Thanks everyone! So have I got this right, you either start tablets on day 21 or the first day of your period, then followed by injections?

It depends which protocol you are on. Long protocol you start Day 21. Short protocol you start Day 1. I’m pretty sure either way they control when your AF arrives so they can be in control of your cycle. They only do EC on certain days so that’s why they need to be in control. As the others said EC is dependant on how you respond to stimulation, whether your ready early or later..

At your appointment they will discuss what protocol you will need and pencil you in for EC depending where you are on your current cycle. You will also take away medication and see nurse to show you how to give it etc

:hello: to everyone xx

Reg: May 8th 2018

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 2:42pm

Gotcha! Thanks so much everyone. x

SK88

Reg: Jul 13th 2018

Monday, October 1st 2018, 6:17pm

Hi

Hope everyone is doing well?

We were at the clinic today for a scan to check lining. It was triple layered and over 8mm thick so they were happy to book us in for our frozen transfer so we are going in a week on Wednesday.

Can anyone that has had a frozen transfer tell me how much notice you get before you have to go in? They said we will get a call first thing in the morning and then another call to tell us a time to go in but should have asked more about a rough time frame.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Sunday, October 7th 2018, 8:43pm

As far as I remember we had a time to be there but they only thaw them that morning. Are you far away from clinic?

SK88

Sunday, October 7th 2018, 9:36pm

We are only about 15-20 mins away and I have taken the day off work but my husband was going to go in to work till it was time to go but wasn't sure what kind of notice we will get. I am hoping they will tell us a rough time when they call in the morning.

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Monday, October 8th 2018, 10:29am

@SK88, they would call you in the morning to ask if you are okay and ready to go ahead, they will then tell you that the embryo will be thawed that day, it's usually done around 9 -11am, you then get another call that tells you to come in at a particular time usually around 30mins - 1 hour after the second call. At times, the embryologist can give you a time range of when they expect you to be in the clinic when you have the first morning call. The first time I had my transfer, I went to work and I left work to go for transfer, the second time I was at home and the third time I went to make my hair and aimed to finish by 12 noon. So you can be flexible with times but usually transfer is done around 11am - 12.30noon.
I am blessed beyond measures.

SK88

Monday, October 8th 2018, 1:02pm

Thank you Kums17. Good to know just a rough time as wasn't sure if we would be waiting till later in the afternoon as would have made sure I had something to do to keep me busy but 11-12.30ish isn't too bad. I hope you are keeping well

19 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

19 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE